Quilters Paying It Forward

Old October 16th 05, 10:59 PM

Default Quilters Paying It Forward

Quilters Paying It Forward

place where quilters can help quilters. With all the devastation and
loss from the recent hurricanes, those who able to share some of their
quilting supplies can connect with those who have lost everything
including their supplies to make quilts.
help you get back to quiltmaking or stop by because you may be able to
help someone. A simple act of kindness is such a good feeling.
All the best,
Carol

Old October 16th 05, 11:39 PM
Ginger in CA

I joined!!!

Looking forward to added comraderie on this Yahoo! group.

Ginger in CA

Old October 17th 05, 04:39 AM
Patti S

Carol.......
I joined. Thank you for posting this on rctq. What a lovely, lovely
idea.

Hugz
Patti in Seattle

"forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it"
**mark twain**

Old October 17th 05, 08:01 AM
Sharon Harper

Yahooooo for Yahooooooo! I'm in too!! Thanks Carol for bringing this group
to our notice. We all may be a bit sick of squishing each other (yeah, like
that'll happen!), so it's time to help others

quicker)

oups.com...

Old October 17th 05, 01:08 PM
Morag in Detroit

Thanks, Carol. Great idea. I joined and posted to my Stashbusters
group.

Morag in Detroit

Old October 17th 05, 02:21 PM

Thank you Ginger, Patti, Sharon and Morag for jumping on board and
spreading the word. This group is in its infancy but I am confident
that it will grow. At this stage, getting the word out to people so
they can come together on both sides of this effort is most important.
The loss and devastation in the Gulf is something that most of us can't
imagine and long after the media has moved on, we will be there for our
quilting friends in the Gulf to help them replace their quilting
supplies.
All the best,
Carol

Old October 17th 05, 05:47 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

What a fabulous idea. That's my favorite movie and I "Pay it Forward" on a
daily basis.
SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old October 17th 05, 09:12 PM
Tina

It is a great idea and I was happy to join as well. But it took no
time at all to discover that I don't want to receive every single email
- I opted for reading at the website. 27 messages all saying basically
the same thing, "I joined" "I'm happy to help out too" etc. was a
bit much.

I'm happy to help out too, but I would think that would be assumed or I
wouldn't have signed up for the group.

Tina

Old October 17th 05, 09:37 PM
Pat in Virginia

Carol:
Great to see an organized effort to help our fellow quilters in
need. The President of my Guild has recently announced a similar
project. The guild will be collecting supplies to send in
December, as Holiday Gifts for Quilters. So I will donate via the
guild. This Yahoo group will be very good for those who don't
have such a connection. One way or another, we quilters can help
make the world a little softer, eh?
PAT in VA/USA

Old October 19th 05, 08:01 PM

That is wonderful Pat. There are so many ways that Quilters can help
and it never ceases to amaze me what a caring and giving group of
people they are. Perhaps that is a silent criteria prior to that higher
being giving you the love of quilting.
All the best,
Carol

How Many Quilters Does it Take to....answers Diana Curtis Quilting 15 November 11th 04 10:13 PM
FS: MUST HAVE Access. for Singer FW's, Quilters, Doll Makers, etc. singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 September 2nd 04 09:10 PM
Yarn Forward Yarn Forward Yarn 2 November 30th 03 08:52 PM
Happy Halloween, Quilters! Ellison Quilting 16 November 3rd 03 10:55 AM
Anchor - paying it forward Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 July 24th 03 11:07 PM