OT - I'm going to be pretty quiet for a while

Old November 19th 04, 08:58 PM
Jalynne

Default OT - I'm going to be pretty quiet for a while

Things are ramping up for the holiday season here. I have a lot of things to do, and
if I can keep myself off the computer except for about an hour a day, I can do them
and have time to breathe. This coming week is my birthday, and we're going to my
parents' for Thanksgving (I get to meet Kalera on the way down...gibber, gibber)
Next Saturday, I'm teaching a beginning quilting class at my mom's church, and very
much looking forward to that. The following week will be a frenzy of chorus and
ballet rehearsals, as I get ready for the Tacoma Symphony's Sounds of the Season
concert, and Aleesha gets ready for the Nutcracker. Those performances are spread
over three consecutive weekends before Christmas. Somewhere in there, I have to make
a sparkly clean house (for me, so I can enjoy my decorations), and get a couple of
quilts finished. I have my Christmas gifts 90% done, and they'll be mailed off on
the 15th, on time. I'm not gonna stress this year. Just not. So far, so good. By
this time last year, I was a mess, but this year, there's a lot more energy to do
what needs doing, and I'm totally excited to have my first pain free Christmas in 10
years! Anyway, just had to share. I'll still be reading, and responding sometimes,
but fairly quiet. You know where to find me if you want to. Hugs and love to all.

--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old November 19th 04, 09:10 PM
Sjpolyclay

I'm totally excited to have my first pain free Christmas in 10
years!

yippeeeee!!!!!!! what a great holiday gift for YOU!!!!!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old November 19th 04, 09:24 PM
Kandice Seeber

Happy Birthday Jalynne!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 19th 04, 10:44 PM
Cheri2Star

there's a lot more energy to do
what needs doing, and I'm totally excited to have my first pain free
Christmas in 10 years!

How wonderful! Enjoy every moment!

{{{{Jalynne}}}}}

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive - Bon Jovi
Old November 19th 04, 10:46 PM
Cheri2Star

Happy Birthday Jalynne!

What? It's your birthday too? But you don't look any older?!!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Old November 19th 04, 10:48 PM
Carol in SLC

Happy Birthday Jalynne!

Ditto!!!

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/karen.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/katie.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/oceansprite.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/jarvis.jpg
Old November 19th 04, 11:19 PM
Dr. Sooz

I have my Christmas gifts 90% done, and they'll be mailed off on
the 15th, on time. I'm not gonna stress this year. Just not. So far, so
good.

I'll say! Good freaking Fred! You have your gifts 90% done?
~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi

Old November 20th 04, 12:11 AM
Jalynne

Yep! I just have to finish a couple of zippered bags and get everything all wrapped
up and mailed off. Insane, isn't it? Seriously, though, I started in August, so
that I wouldn't have a last minute panic. Seems to have worked well.

Old November 20th 04, 01:09 AM
Diana Curtis

Do you personalize your zipper bags, such as fishing fabric for a
fisherperson, a beady theme for a beader? And then do you tuck related items
into the bags?
I think they are a great idea! Find a single item to make that is fun and
fairly easy to make that will be appropriate for a lot of people you want to
remember on a holiday and go for it!!! This year Im combining my new love
of beads with quilting, making rotary cutter IDs for a few of my fave
stitchers. They are slightly smaller versions of bracelets so they give me a
chance to practice new stitches and bead combos.
I like your attitude J, get the basics out of the way and leave yourself
room to truly relax and enjoy your holidays the way you want to.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
k.net...

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
I have my Christmas gifts 90% done, and they'll be mailed off on
the 15th, on time. I'm not gonna stress this year. Just not. So far,

so
good.

I'll say! Good freaking Fred! You have your gifts 90% done?
~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle;

pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character;

business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without

sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi

Pretty Glass, and I don't even LIKE green! Tinkster Beads 15 November 12th 04 01:16 AM
OT and Right on topic! What is pretty... what is art... Harry Beads 30 February 24th 04 02:51 AM
AD Some pretty lampwork and furnace glass Jim & Patti Moore Beads 1 February 4th 04 04:50 PM
Pretty, pretty beads JL Amerson Beads 3 January 21st 04 01:56 AM
Oooo I got a sparkly pretty today! Kalera Stratton Beads 8 July 6th 03 04:47 AM