YoYo Design Help

Old September 29th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Default YoYo Design Help

Okay, so I got this yoyo maker. Now the question is, what do I do
with all of the yoyos that I could make. No intention of making a
bedspread; would like something that isn't completely kitschy.

tia,
joan

Old September 29th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

You could make a table runner out of them, then, make napkins to match
with maybe 1 YoYo on the corner? Coasters? I saw a pillow at "The
Pottery Barn" once, that had red bandana print yoyo's on the front, and
a navy and white stripe fabric on the back, just regular throw pillow
size, and it was $60! My grandma made me a yoyo table mat several years
ago, to put on your table, and then put a hot casserole on, it had a
flannel back, and I wore it out. I've seen heart shaped yoyo's (1) on
ponytail holders for little girls. You could make teeny, tiny ones and
sew them around the cuff of some winter gloves. or around the ends of a
winter scarf. Glue them around the frame of a bulletin board that you
hang photos of favorite "quilty" things on. Make some out of a floral /
garden print and sew them to the cuff of a pair of garden gloves for a
girlfriend that loves to garden. Make some really "girly" ones, and glue
to the bottom of a lampshade for a little girls bedroom. Use little ones
on a Santa Claus beard on a wall hanging...........

Patti in Seattle

Old September 29th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Joan, I have a yoyo vest that I've enjoyed for 10 or 15 years. It is silk
yo's made in autumn colors and plays nicely with anything from a plain dress
to jeans and a t-shirt. There are no fancy seams or fussy fittings to it -
it's just straight and is sort of tunic length. Polly

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote Okay, so I got this yoyo maker. Now

Old September 30th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Joan, you could set yourself up in business. I don't have a yo-yo
maker, but I have been trying like mad to make just a handful of yo-
yos. Obviously I am totally unable to grasp what should be a very
simple concept.

I bet there are others like me -- quilters needing between 4 and a
dozen yo-yos. And willing to pay for them.

So there you go. I send you my fabric and reverse postage and x amoung
per yo-yo and you make them and send them back to me. We are all
happy. Just think. You could recoup athe cost of your yo-yo device in
no time at all.

Sunny
BBBBEG

Old September 30th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I have seen several really cute vests made of yo yo's. If you google
image yo yo dolls there are some really cute ones. I have a lady friend
that makes a lot of yoyo's. She puts them on lots of her other work as
a little decoration. She even does really tiny ones. I have seen table
toppers. The nicest one I saw was sort of square with extras in the
corners so it sort of had shape to it. They were fairly tiny yoyos and
the colors were planned out to make a design too. It was red and green
for Christmas.
HTH, TAria

Old September 30th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

I bought it too..! I bought the large sized one...made one yoyo...and then
didn't
know what I'd do with a bunch of them either. DIL is making , with gds, a
WH ...with yoyos for
flowers. I can't think of a thing I want made with them..Think I just
bought it
'cause I wanted to see how it worked.

ps.com...

Old September 30th 07, 07:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:35:36 -0000, joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska
wrote:

Okay, so I got this yoyo maker. Now the question is, what do I do
with all of the yoyos that I could make. No intention of making a
bedspread; would like something that isn't completely kitschy.

tia,
joan

They make good flower appliques. Whole flower, individual petals, or
just the flower centers. I've seen them used for snowman body parts
too. I guess you could use them for any round shaped applique
piece--vehicle tires, several in a wiggly row for a caterpillar,
animal bodies, doll heads, and anything else you could think up.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old September 30th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Sorry, but no thanks. I'm not THAT interested in yoyos. My short
attention span would kick in about yoyo #4! The table runner idea is
the most interesting I've seen so far, but I do appreciate all of the
suggestions. Guess I'm just not much of a 'do dad' sort of person.

joan

Old September 30th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

wrote:

Okay, so I got this yoyo maker. Now the question is, what do I do
with all of the yoyos that I could make.

They make good flower appliques.

That's how I've used them, too. For example, I used them on a
string-pieced jacket using 30's repro fabrics. Photos at
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/Quilts2007.html

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old September 30th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Applique flowers or flower centers or star centers.
Old-fashioned yo-yo clown -remember those? (Not quilting, but uses lots of
yo-yos!)
Roberta in D

ps.com...