Your polishing grit and walnut shell can be used over and over.

Old December 20th 03, 11:53 AM
Harry

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:16:40 -0800, vj wrote:

Very true. I do get most orders in about a week, but I have waited for up to 4 weeks. It all depends if they have room
on the plane when it leaves there and if the USPS wants me to have it sooner. lol

I am happy you were able to buy them. I was afraid someone would see them and bid
on them before you had a chance. But that would have been ok, because I would
have listed more for you.

I live in Ohio and I get all my shell from New Zealand than I tumble all
of it and sell a lot and keep a little. I sell most.

]You'd be surprised. I buy from a couple of places in New Zealand, and the
]mail gets from there to here (Boston) in a week or less.

cool! Johnny got home from work, and they're mine now. **grin**
he is SOOOOOOOO sweet!

and now i'm confused. because i think his e-bay site said something
about Lake Erie. so maybe he buys them from NZ and he lives here?
dunno - but some of them reminded me of a really cool bead Nicole made
that i fell in love with - - and i want to see if i can wire wrap
them. if i can't, then i'll drill holes in them. **grin**

one of the things i'm hoping for for Christmas is the "attachment" to
turn my Dremel into a drill press . . .

Harry's Happy Place
http://harryb41.homestead.com/HarrysHappyPlace.html

My Ebay Auctions
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50
Old December 20th 03, 12:17 PM
Harry

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 1:07:37 -0500, Kathy N-V wrote:

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:08:24 -0500, vj wrote
(in message ):

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

I will have thicker pieces in a few days and I will have alot more in
about 2 weeks. So you should have lot's
of time to play around. lol

well, they have to arrive first! from NZ to the US could take a
while!

LOL... This is true if I need to order more, but I have a small stock on hand
and I have some in my tumblers that will be ready in about 2 weeks.
The 1 barrel is in the polishing stage and will be done on the 22nd and
the other 2 will be done on the 26th of December. Sorry, but they will not be
available for Christmas. ;( I tried hard to have a larger stock before hand, but
they sell before I get them finish most of the time and I had a large order
to fill a few weeks ago. That's why I am behind and need a larger tumbler.
I had no idea these would be so popular, so fast. Most people after buying from
Ebay, just buy direct and I fill their orders that way and this is why I don't have a lot
listed also.

You'd be surprised. I buy from a couple of places in New Zealand, and the
mail gets from there to here (Boston) in a week or less.

Kathy N-V

Very true. I live in Ohio and get my Paua shell from New Zealand and it normally takes 7 days to get an order, but I
have waited as long as 4 weeks. It all depends if they have room on the plane and the USPS.
Example: I bought an item on December 3, 2003 and still haven't recieved it. I know it's on it's way, but
it's just a waiting game now. My source is very reliable and pretty much gets me what I need and want, but the
mail takes it's good ole time some times. lol

Does anyone know how to start a new thread? as this one is getting pretty long. lol

Old December 20th 03, 01:06 PM
Harry

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 04:59:47 -0800, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]I am happy you were able to buy them. I was afraid someone would see them and bid
]on them before you had a chance. But that would have been ok, because I would
]have listed more for you.

that was my son, and yes, they'll be mine - thank you!

I am happy to hear that. I thought that maybe someone else saw and bought them.
I sent him email asking about shipping and if he would want me to wait til Monday
and send all items and save a bunch of money in shipping and insurance. I will be
shipping them today at 11:30 AM EST unless you want me to hold for Monday?
Thank you.

]I live in Ohio and I get all my shell from New Zealand than I tumble all
]of it and sell a lot and keep a little. I sell most.

AH - that explains it! thanks.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old December 20th 03, 01:51 PM
Harry

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 05:38:36 -0800, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]I am happy to hear that. I thought that maybe someone else saw and bought them.
]I sent him email asking about shipping and if he would want me to wait til Monday
]and send all items and save a bunch of money in shipping and insurance. I will be
]shipping them today at 11:30 AM EST unless you want me to hold for Monday?
]Thank you.

that works fine. i'm up to my ears right now finishing up Christmas
presents anyway. i was going to ask why it didn't seem possible to
combine multiple purchases.

I would be very happy to combine them for you and save you a lot of money.
Be sure to tell your son that when he wins the auction to remove the shipping and insurance
on that item and just pay for the Paua shell pieces. If you would like more, after, recieving these
let me know and you can pay straight through PayaPal or send a money order. This will
save me a ton of money on listing and final value fees. Ebay eats you up in fees.
This is how most prior customers are buying my shell pieces. You won't see
alot of feedback about my Paua shells, because, believe it or not, they don't want people to know
how pretty they are so they can get more when they want them. I have a lot of orders for
them and this is another reason I need a much bigger tumbler.
I ramble a lot don't I? I will be quiet now. I Love Paua Shell! lol

-----------

Old December 20th 03, 02:51 PM
Harry

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 09:52:20 -0500, "roxan" wrote:

Very good point. Also it will get rid of the dust and a lot of the smell, which I forgot to mention.
When you grind or drill Paua shell... they STINK! Be sure not to breath the dust,
as it is toxic. I can't believe I haven't mentioned this.
I am so sorry. ;(

If you drill them under a little water you can keep them from breaking if
you are careful.
Roxan
"Cheryl" wrote in message
Hey Harry

do you do those shells yourself?

can you drill holes in them without them breaking???

if so - let me know...

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old December 20th 03, 02:58 PM
Harry

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 06:52:42 -0800, vj wrote:

He can't change what he has already bought, but he can change the one he is bidding on right now.
When it comes up showing what to pay have him delete the postage amount and enter $0.00 and he won't
have to pay the extra postage for that item. I changed the insurance to Not Offered on that item. It won't let me revise
the item, because it has been bidded on or I would have changed it for him. ;( It's ok though...
Be sure he doesn't pay the postage.

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]Be sure to tell your son that when he wins the auction to remove the shipping and insurance
]on that item and just pay for the Paua shell pieces.

i don't think he can do that, this time. it's already on his credit
card.

]If you would like more, after, recieving these
]let me know and you can pay straight through PayaPal or send a money order. This will
]save me a ton of money on listing and final value fees.

works for me.

-----------

Old December 20th 03, 03:01 PM
Harry

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 10:01:53 -0500, "roxan" wrote:

Thank you so much for reminding me about all this Roxan. I guess I got busy with all the question and
never thought of it. The shell is perfectly harmless as long as you do not breath the dust or fumes.
The close I can tell you about the smell when grinding or drilling is this:
Have you ever smelled hair burning? It's that bad plus add in a pile of burning doo-doo,( being nice).
It really stinks and is dangerous.. PLEASE don't breath the dust!

Yes this keep the toxic dust which contains cyanide fumes from getting in
your lungs. Most people don't know how dangerous this can be if they breath
it in.
Roxan
.. .

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Hey Harry

do you do those shells yourself?

can you drill holes in them without them breaking???

if so - let me know...

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Harry's Happy Place
http://harryb41.homestead.com/HarrysHappyPlace.html

My Ebay Auctions

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=harryb4 1&
include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Old December 20th 03, 03:46 PM
Raver Moksha

FYI: eloxite has a Christmas special that ends Jan 1. Item #70-862 is a
15lb. tumbler for $140.

www.wloxite.com

Cheers,

Darin L. Ungerman