Your polishing grit and walnut shell can be used over and over.

Old December 20th 03, 03:24 AM
Harry

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:03:55 -0800, vj wrote:

Here is where I do all my tumbling shopping. He has the real
tumblers and they are not toys. lol
Very good prices and everything you will need.
http://www.kingsleynorth.com/tumblersr.html

This is where I will buy my 12 pounder soon I hope.
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]I have an easy solution for your 1 barrel delema.... buy extra barrels.
]I have 3 for my Lorton, but only 2 for my Thumbler, but am going to buy
]4 more for it AFTER I get my 12 lb one.

well, yes. but my tumbler is what is sold here as a toy. [my nephew
decided he didn't need it any more] i need to get a real one and then
extra tumblers for it. maybe after Christmas.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Harry's Happy Place
http://harryb41.homestead.com/HarrysHappyPlace.html

My Ebay Auctions
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50
Old December 20th 03, 03:28 AM
Cheryl

Hey Harry

do you do those shells yourself?

can you drill holes in them without them breaking???

if so - let me know...

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old December 20th 03, 03:39 AM
Harry

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:29:28 -0800, vj wrote:
Thank you.
It's very easy. Just click the Buy Now button and it will tell you that you just
bought them and then another button will show up to Pay Now.
Click that button and it will take you to PayPal and you just
do what the screen tells you. lol I can't remeber exactlly what it says.
I think it just says Pay Now and you confirm it.
Not getting greedy, but, would you like more listed or do you want more?

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]Go here and look at the bottom of page for Set's 1 and 2.
]http://harryb41.homestead.com/HarrysHappyPlace.html

consider those sold.
send me an e-mail and tell me how to tell my son to pay with PayPal
for them, and he'll do it for me tonight.

-----------

Old December 20th 03, 03:46 AM
Harry

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:32:19 -0800, vj wrote:

If you want to tumble alot get a big tumbler or multi barrels.
The smaller the tumbler the easier it is to change over and clean
grits. I saw one on there for $50.00 that is a 1 1/2 pound tumbler
and would be perfect for anyone wanting to try this and to start with.
But we warned... once you start you can't stop! LOL
The smaller one would be about the same as the toy one and I believe
you may have the Edmond Scientific one? or one from a
hobby shop or toy store? I am just guessing.

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]http://www.kingsleynorth.com/tumblersr.html

differences?
suggestions? other than multiple barrels?

-----------

Old December 20th 03, 03:51 AM
Harry

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:32:19 -0800, vj wrote:

Also... if you decide that you need a bigger one, it is very easy to
sell your used one on Ebay. Everyone wants them... especially if
they can get it cheaper than new. So at $50.00 for the 1 1/2 lb tumbler
you could easily get your money back. I would recommend the one with the
kit that gives you some grits. You can use the 60/90 grit instead of the
graded 80 grit, but the shells will be just a bit smaller when they come out.
60/90 grit is a perfect grit for glass and rock. 80 grit is perfect for shells.
I always use the graded grits, because they are perfect sized and no
variations in the grit. I know this sounds confussing, but it is very easy
once you do it the first time.

Old December 20th 03, 03:54 AM
Harry

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:48:45 -0800, vj wrote:

OK sounds good. Let me know how it works also.
I will have thicker pieces in a few days and I will have alot more in about 2 weeks. So you should have lot's
of time to play around. lol

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]Not getting greedy, but, would you like more listed or do you want more?

if i can do with them what i want, yes i will want more.

let me play with these, and then i'll let you know.

[Nicole is paid up now. **whew**]

-----------

Old December 20th 03, 03:55 AM
Harry

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:49:47 -0800, vj wrote:

OK... no hurry.. Can't mail them until tomorrow anyway.
Well it's my beddie bye time and I need plenty of rest. lol
Talk with you tomorrow.
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]Just click the Buy Now button and it will tell you that you just
]bought them and then another button will show up to Pay Now.

ah - okay - i wasn't sure if that button was actually for those in
particular! thanks. he should be off work in a couple of hours and
then we'll get it done.

-----------

Old December 20th 03, 04:00 AM
Harry

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:54:30 -0800, vj wrote:

The Lorton ones are very quiet. They have rubber barrels instead of plastic.
Now the Thumbler one's on the other hand have rubber barrels, but the end
cap is plastic and make a bit of noise. I love Lorton's best and the sound
is like ocean waves, once the grits break down a bit, PLUS they are much
easier to clean and seal.
2 - 6 lb tumblers would be a very good choice. I may get those after
my single 12 pound one or I will just get a double 12 or 20. I haven't
made up my mind yet. lol
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]If you want to tumble alot get a big tumbler or multi barrels.
]The smaller the tumbler the easier it is to change over and clean
]grits. I saw one on there for $50.00 that is a 1 1/2 pound tumbler
]and would be perfect for anyone wanting to try this and to start with.
]But we warned... once you start you can't stop! LOL
]The smaller one would be about the same as the toy one and I believe
]you may have the Edmond Scientific one? or one from a
]hobby shop or toy store? I am just guessing.

the one i have is from a hobby shop, yes.

it seems to be about a 2-lb tumbler, i think. but putting the shot in
it really puts a lot of strain on it.

i'm thinking the 6-lb tumbler with extra barrels is probably what i
will want. ANYTHING has to be quieter that what i'm using!

-----------

Old December 20th 03, 11:45 AM
Harry

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:08:24 -0800, vj wrote:

Oh no... I have them in my tumblers right now. I have a good stock of shells on hand.
I just need to get them all tumbled and the larger ones I have I need
a larger tumbler.

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]I will have thicker pieces in a few days and I will have alot more in about 2 weeks. So you should have lot's
]of time to play around. lol

well, they have to arrive first! from NZ to the US could take a
while!

**grin**