Custom Prices

Old September 30th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

Default Custom Prices

Snipped all Brady bull****

If you think you can handle it, I can get you a kiln the size of a
boxcar.

no, you phrased that wrong, you will take the order and the deposit, have to
chase your ass down to get the kiln...

Old September 30th 07, 08:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 28, 7:25 pm, "glassman" wrote:

Almost half the panels we do now are fused instead of stained glass.
That permits much greater design flexibility and the labour is only
about 1/3rd that of stained glass.
We're not charging any more relative to size, but the profit margin is
up dramatically.

Dennis Brady

You take every chance you get to totally alienate everyone. Dennis what
does this have to do with me asking about custom leaded stained glass?
Fusing scrap pieces thrown on a large sheet is nice, but that's not what I
was asking about. Are you leading together fused sections? If so that
would take longer and be more expensive to make. Have your SG prices stayed
the same? How much are you getting for leaded work?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old September 30th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

wrote in message
ps.com...
If you think you can handle it, I can get you a kiln the size of a
boxcar.

Nah, save your effort. You'll need the boxcar to tote your ego around in.

G* F*CK Y**RS*LF. Wanna buy a vowel?

Old September 30th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Sep 30, 7:36 am, " Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

If you think you can handle it, I can get you a kiln the size of a
boxcar.

Nah, save your effort. You'll need the boxcar to tote your ego around in.

G* F*CK Y**RS*LF. Wanna buy a vowel?

Y would I have A concern for what U have to say?

Old September 30th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 30, 7:36 am, " Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

If you think you can handle it, I can get you a kiln the size of a
boxcar.

Nah, save your effort. You'll need the boxcar to tote your ego around
in.

G* F*CK Y**RS*LF. Wanna buy a vowel?

Y would I have A concern for what U have to say?

Moon is the most outspoken and nasty Dennis, but open your eyes to all
the rest of the board comments. No one's more courteous to you than I am,
and I'm telling you that you bring all this on yourself. You're in conflict
with everyone about pretty much everything. You know better than any of the
25 year vets that post here, on any subject. You constantly tell us all how
you have a better way to make money, and we're all wrong. Isn't it odd that
no one else in this industry from wholesalers, retailers, hobbyists, has so
many enemies? It's all you pal.

Old September 30th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Adrian[_2_]

Hi All

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:51:06 -0400, "glassman"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 30, 7:36 am, " Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

If you think you can handle it, I can get you a kiln the size of a
boxcar.

Nah, save your effort. You'll need the boxcar to tote your ego around
in.

G* F*CK Y**RS*LF. Wanna buy a vowel?

Y would I have A concern for what U have to say?

Moon is the most outspoken and nasty Dennis, but open your eyes to all
the rest of the board comments. No one's more courteous to you than I am,
and I'm telling you that you bring all this on yourself. You're in conflict
with everyone about pretty much everything. You know better than any of the
25 year vets that post here, on any subject. You constantly tell us all how
you have a better way to make money, and we're all wrong. Isn't it odd that
no one else in this industry from wholesalers, retailers, hobbyists, has so
many enemies? It's all you pal.

Can't understand why somebody like Mr Brady, who claims to be an
expert on all things to do with running and promoting a glass
business, seems to be so set on creating all this negative publicity
for his business...

I know they say that there's no such thing as 'bad' publicity - but I
think Dennis has found a way to break this rule.

I only read his posts from a morbid curiousity - along the lines of
"What ridiculous claims is he making this week?"

Visiting the 'tips' section of his website reminded me of the
(alleged) comment by a college professor on a student's final year
paper.

"This document contains much that was original and brilliant.
Unfortunately, that which was brilliant was not original, and that
which was original was not brilliant"

OK - so my personal business experience does not include running a
business manufacturing thousands of toy glass boats, or shipping
hundreds of kilns - but I do have some idea of how to avoid alienating
_all_ of the people (craftspeople and customers) who have an interest
in glasswork and who read the internet.

Give it a rest, Dennis - it's not helping your cause.

Regards
Adrian
Old October 31st 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Byron

I've goneup about 10% since most of my costs are labor which hasn't gone up
that much...

Havent been on this group in prob a year or so... Nice to see that Dennis D
is still a big a jack-a@@ as ever! Gives us little people something to
chuckle about..

--
Byron...
Wells Glassworks

Old October 31st 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

welcome back! at only a 10% price increase, i would have to take a dig out
of labor. All my supplies (solder/foil/wine, rum, etc) have gone up around
20% and my fuel charges keep me horrified when i get the credit card bills!
It's like Hallowe'en every month! Happy haunting everyone. m

et...

Old November 3rd 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"michele" wrote in message
welcome back! at only a 10% price increase, i would have to take a dig out
of labor. All my supplies (solder/foil/wine, rum, etc) have gone up around
20% and my fuel charges keep me horrified when i get the credit card
bills! It's like Hallowe'en every month! Happy haunting everyone. m

You are so right. It's like a runaway train. I also seem to get a fuel
surcharge on everything these days added to my bills.

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Custom Walking Stick for a Custom Head. [email protected] Carving 4 October 26th 06 08:46 PM
Custom Walking Stick for a Custom Head. [email protected] Marketplace 3 October 26th 06 08:46 PM
Custom bead set Charlie Beads 2 October 2nd 04 03:38 PM
Custom Beaded Jewelry at Affordable Prices Melissa Beads 0 January 7th 04 04:53 PM
Custom Furnature JLB Doll Houses 5 July 16th 03 10:16 PM