Goodbye

Old September 7th 05, 04:31 PM
marbles_2

As much as you probably need a hug yourself right now (*hug*), I think
I'm going to make a little fabric frame for this block and turn it into
a wall hanging for the Community Services Center here in town. The
block says, "Where flowers are, God is, and I am free" and is signed "A
Skagit Quilt '77, BettyJF"
It is completely machine embroidered and has some girls looking at baby
bluebirds in a tree. I can imagine some floral fabric and deep green
would set it off nicely. The woman who works in that office was part of
the initial quilt project group and she will understand. The kids and
moms who come to the office for help will enjoy looking at it.
Everything has its time and purpose, and this is it. (I think the
original quilt was all pieced and applique blocks.)

Thanks, Snigs, for sparking my memory and giving me a chance to make
amends!!!

Annie

Old September 7th 05, 04:40 PM
Phyllis Nilsson

Maybe it was the yelling and constant batter of "send me the blocks".
I'm glad the whole problem is now moot, and I hope this subject has been
resolved.

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:
Why does confrontation on misinformation have to be perceived as rude,
testy, insensitive and all those other ill chosen and subjective words?

Old September 7th 05, 04:41 PM
Phyllis Nilsson

And Susan loves the people here. I hope she'll return soon.

bckwrds wrote:
Susan, just give this time and it will pass. It's all really raw right
now and so the wounds are stinging. Give yourself time and know
that there are many people here who support you.

Donna
in WA

Old September 7th 05, 06:50 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Oh I love that idea!! That is so perfect and she will love that - I know.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
oups.com...

Old September 7th 05, 06:59 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

It has - thanks to our own Queen of Squishies. I wish I could give her a
big old wet one on the cheek along with a squeeze. Just got back from the
office where I worked for 13 years. Dropped off my Coca Cola Quilt for my
old supervisors 30th Anniversary Gift - She has been with the Department of
Human Services for the last 30 years and plans to be there many more years.
One of the smartest - strongest women I know. She speaks her mind straight
from the shoulder in an honest straight forward way. Many "sensitive"
workers didn't like her as a supervisor and were always getting their
feelings hurt. I adored her because she doesn't play games and you always
knew where you stood with her. Something rare with a stereotypical southern
woman - who are known far and wide for saying everything but what they mean.
I fully expect to see her in charge of the county before she leaves. We had
lots of fun preparing for her "Ball & Chain" themed luncheon tomorrow. All
the workers are going to sign her quilt so it will be a real piece of
memorabilia when it's all done.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old September 7th 05, 07:12 PM
Don/Gen

STOP IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!This has been resolved. Maybe you think you're the
only one that can complete it-wrong. How do think Connie feels with you
beating this to death?????? Have a little respect for her
Gen

"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
Before she uses the filter - please ship the top and all the blocks to me

so
I can see it is completed with all the blocks from those who participated.
If you can't afford the postage I will gladly pay for that as well. Then
filter away my dear.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"IMS" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:58:02 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Well, I for one am disappointed to read this. Susan, I think you
should try to remember how many really lovely people hang out in
this group. Many have written kind and thoughtful notes to you in
the past few hours. Please do not let one or two testy people run
you off. Just put them in your 'blocked' file. Then you don't
have to deal with them!! Do remember that when people are snooty,
rude, and tacky to you, it informs more about them than about
you. I've been on the receiving end of some high handed comments,
and I now just ignore them. I prefer to recognize and correspond
with such polite, thoughtful and clever RCTQ members as Alice,
Taria, Diana, Sharon, Kate, Wendy, and a bunch of others. Maybe
you can take a few days off, then return refreshed.
Best wishes, PAT in VA/USA

Pat's right....email filters can be your new best friend....

-Irene

--------------
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
--Mae West
--------------

Old September 7th 05, 07:23 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

This was written before - check the times on my posts - I'm a big girl and
my mother is dead. Don't need another one.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
news

Old September 7th 05, 11:57 PM
BarbQuilts

Because that's how you've been. It's a shame you can't see that and just
continue over and over.

--
BarbQuilts
take out the Cat to reply

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Well, I for one am disappointed to read this. Susan, I think you
should try to remember how many really lovely people hang out in
this group. Many have written kind and thoughtful notes to you in
the past few hours. Please do not let one or two testy people run
you off. Just put them in your 'blocked' file. Then you don't
have to deal with them!! Do remember that when people are snooty,
rude, and tacky to you, it informs more about them than about
you. I've been on the receiving end of some high handed comments,
and I now just ignore them. I prefer to recognize and correspond
with such polite, thoughtful and clever RCTQ members as Alice,
Taria, Diana, Sharon, Kate, Wendy, and a bunch of others. Maybe
you can take a few days off, then return refreshed.
Best wishes, PAT in VA/USA

Betsy Ross wrote:
This is my last post to this group.

Susan Freeman

Old September 8th 05, 02:01 AM
MB

Don't go away !!! This is a public forum and we need your kind ! Mary

ink.net...