Kool Kats Kwilt

Old July 31st 05, 05:50 AM
Betsy Ross

Default Kool Kats Kwilt

A few months ago I posted PDF files for
the Kool Kats Kwilt. Well, I broke down
and did it, sort of. LOL, the pattern
says to follow the picture to arrange
cats. The scan was in black and white.
It didn't really matter since I was not
following the recommended cutting
instructions for 13 or so FQs. I mostly
used fabric on hand pluse the background
I purchased when I first got the
pattern. You can see pictures in the
KoolKatsKwilt album at
http://community.webshots.com/user/betsyross2004

You'll notice I made a change to the
border. I thought that using the
background for the border helped to make
the Kats stick out. Otherwise, the top
was so busy it was hard to tell what it
was,

Old July 31st 05, 05:55 AM
maryd

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...48679574qzLpbN this is the
one I did. It's basted but not quilted.

--
Mary

link.net...
:

Old July 31st 05, 10:49 AM
Sally Swindells

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 04:50:51 GMT, "Betsy Ross"
wrote:

A few months ago I posted PDF files for
the Kool Kats Kwilt. Well, I broke down
and did it, sort of. LOL, the pattern
says to follow the picture to arrange
cats. The scan was in black and white.
It didn't really matter since I was not
following the recommended cutting
instructions for 13 or so FQs. I mostly
used fabric on hand pluse the background
I purchased when I first got the
pattern. You can see pictures in the
KoolKatsKwilt album at
http://community.webshots.com/user/betsyross2004

You'll notice I made a change to the
border. I thought that using the
background for the border helped to make
the Kats stick out. Otherwise, the top
was so busy it was hard to tell what it
was,

Love the way your cats spill out into the border - the real ones would
never be confined by a frame! Gorgeous.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~
Old July 31st 05, 12:40 PM
Denise in NH

Betsy, I just love your cat quilt. I'd lile to make one in the colors
of the 4 cats I've had in my life.

Denise

Old July 31st 05, 01:08 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Very cool! I did something a teensy bit similar for a nephew, it was called
"Twisted Tails." I like this one better. Happy dancing for you in Tucson.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

link.net...

Old July 31st 05, 01:25 PM
Patti

What fun! It's lovely - I really like the feline colours. Great!
..
In message .net,
Betsy Ross writes
A few months ago I posted PDF files for the Kool Kats Kwilt. Well, I
broke down and did it, sort of. LOL, the pattern says to follow the
picture to arrange cats. The scan was in black and white. It didn't
really matter since I was not following the recommended cutting
instructions for 13 or so FQs. I mostly used fabric on hand pluse the
background I purchased when I first got the pattern. You can see
pictures in the KoolKatsKwilt album at
http://community.webshots.com/user/betsyross2004

You'll notice I made a change to the border. I thought that using the
background for the border helped to make the Kats stick out. Otherwise,
the top was so busy it was hard to tell what it was,

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 31st 05, 01:54 PM
Debi Matlack

I love it! I'm still working on my kitty quilt, probably will be forever ;-)
My Kool Kats will be one large block in the middle of the quilt, but I think
I may have to make a wall hanging for over the bed now....LOL

--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

link.net...

Old July 31st 05, 04:41 PM
Sandy Foster

In article .net,
"Betsy Ross" wrote:

A few months ago I posted PDF files for
the Kool Kats Kwilt. Well, I broke down
and did it, sort of. LOL, the pattern
says to follow the picture to arrange
cats. The scan was in black and white.
It didn't really matter since I was not
following the recommended cutting
instructions for 13 or so FQs. I mostly
used fabric on hand pluse the background
I purchased when I first got the
pattern. You can see pictures in the
KoolKatsKwilt album at
http://community.webshots.com/user/betsyross2004

You'll notice I made a change to the
border. I thought that using the
background for the border helped to make
the Kats stick out. Otherwise, the top
was so busy it was hard to tell what it
was,

*Very* nice, Betsy! I love the way you finished the tails in the border.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old July 31st 05, 04:43 PM
nana2b

Really nice. I love the changes you did on the border. Linda in Tx

Kool Aid Dyeing Janise Ross Yarn 3 November 4th 04 10:30 PM
Still on Kool Aid Anna MCM Yarn 16 February 29th 04 09:07 AM
Kool ais found in Stockholm! Anna MCM Yarn 35 November 15th 03 01:10 AM
Kool aid found in Stockholm! Anna MCM Yarn 2 November 5th 03 07:48 AM
Noreen Kool Aid arrived Janet Burgess Yarn 0 October 27th 03 08:39 PM