Question about Star Swap

Old April 3rd 05, 11:37 PM
Terbear

Well thank you Mary, it may look challenging, and a lot of pieces, but I
think it was pretty simple. If you like it so much, you could own one....if
you join my swap, that is the block I am planning on making for the
exchange.
Let me know what you decide, feel free to e-mail me at if
you have any questions.

Teri

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

"MB" wrote in message
Teri....I love the purple/green star on your site:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts .
Now that looks challenging!!!....Mary

"Terbear" wrote in message
Hi Mary,
here is a cut & paste from my original announcment on Mar 30th:

It is time for the next RCTQ terbear swap. This time it is a star swap.

Each
member will be making one block for all other members in the swap. The
colors for this swap will be green & purple....you can even make your
star
block all greens or all purples, or you can mix the colors. The blocks
for
this swap are to be 12" finished. We only want reliable, trustworthy &
efficient members of any quilting level to join. If you are not good with
deadlines, please don't bother joining, it's just not fair to the other
members to keep them waiting. We will set a reasonable deadline for block
completion, once we determine how many members we will have.

If you want to see other examples of blocks & quilts of swaps I have

hosted
in the past, please check them out he

Strolling the block swap:

http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Stro...k-quilt-blocks

Swap-A-block:

http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/album01

Birthday swap(these are the blocks I received):

http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/album07

If you are interested, if you want to make new friends, if you want to
get
enough blocks to complete a quilt top & you are reliable & can be counted
on, WE WANT YOU! e-mail me at & I will add you to our

yahoo
groups for this swap.

I will keep the enrollment open till next Wednesday, and I should be

sending
out the rules once everyone joins & gets settled in.

This swap is sure to fun!!!!

hugs,

Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

"MB" wrote in message
I didn't see this whole thread...What is the Star Swap on Yahoo
groups...???...Mary

"Terbear" wrote in message
Hi Susan,
nope, rules for the seeing stars swap have not been posted yet, but

they
will as soon as we have all our members. I am shooting for ending
"open
enrollment" around Wednesday.
All rules will be laid out. If you have any questions about the swap,

you
can post them in the yahoo group or even direct them to me, so to keep
rctq
clutter free.
As for the size, I did have members of the strolling the block start
their
blocks larger because they were appliqué & the stitching does tend to
shrink
the blocks down a bit.
As for this swap as well as the swap-a-block I previously hosted the
patterns are pieced, and tend to be 12 1/2" (12" finished)

all questions should be cleared up once the group gets started!
Glad to have you in the swap!
Teri

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

"Betsy Ross" wrote in message
nk.net...
Maybe I should have posted this to the Yahoo group but I thought I
might
get more input here.

So the instructions say to aim for a 13" block so all swapped blocks
could
be squared to size. I understand you don't want the points cut off,

so
it
seems there is a lot of calculations and maniputlations needed to
increase
the outer edge of a block. I do like the idea; I just framed all
the
pattern blocks in a quilt because I never can get them all to size.

Any simple suggestions on how to do this?

Susan in Alameda

Old April 4th 05, 12:12 AM
Tina

Teri - that is a really, REALLY pretty star block pattern! I'm sure
looking forward to getting one of those! ;-)

Tina