Way OT

Old June 18th 09, 05:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_4_]

Default Way OT

There's this funny bird that makes an even funnier song....it
sounds like the birds' call is "here kitty kitty kitty." I'm not
kidding! I can't ever seem to see one as there in the trees across
the road where they all seem to gather.

Any ideas what kind of bird that would make sound likes it's calling
for a cat????

crazy but true.

Donna
in WA

Old June 18th 09, 05:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

probably someone's pet bird.......like a parrot

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old June 18th 09, 06:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

found these links that might help.
http://sirismm.si.edu/testperl/nasongkey.pl
http://www.naturesound.com/birds/birds.html
http://www.naturesound.com/sfx/sfx.html
fwiw,
j.

"Donna" wrote...

Old June 18th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
judyanna

On Jun 18, 12:33*am, "Donna" wrote:
There's this funny bird that makes an even funnier song....it
sounds like the birds' call is "here kitty kitty kitty." *I'm not
kidding! *I can't ever seem to see one as there in the trees across
the road where they all seem to gather.

Any ideas what kind of bird that would make sound likes it's calling
for a cat????

crazy but true.

Donna
in WA

It would be really funny - but it could actually be a mockingbird!
They repeat everything and have a huge repetoire, (sp?) We had one
that sounded like MY phone ringing once.
Judy from Mass
Old June 18th 09, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Denise in NH

Maybe a White Throat Sparrow.

Denise

Old June 18th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_4_]

I looked up mocking bird in my birders book and while I learned
a lot about them, they don't live in my part of the state.

Maybe it's just a crow. I do have one crow that can make a
sound like a bull frog and another that can meow like a cat.
LOL they also do their regular caw sounds.

Donna
in WA