sew girls

Old January 25th 12, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Default sew girls

Hmm. Following their own path to Twitter, I see them as being located
in my area, Washington D.C.

Is it possible this is someone I know??? I certainly hope not.

I did send them a note asking them to stop their copyright
violations.

Donna in Virginia
Old January 25th 12, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

On 25/01/2012 14:18, Donna wrote:
Hmm. Following their own path to Twitter, I see them as being located
in my area, Washington D.C.

Is it possible this is someone I know??? I certainly hope not.

I did send them a note asking them to stop their copyright
violations.

Donna in Virginia

Sewgirls.com Whois

Registrar
ENOM, INC.

Contact Email

Creation Date
02/15/2007

Updated Date
01/12/2012

Expiration Date
02/15/2014

Administrative Contact
WhoisGuard WhoisGuard Protected
11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90064
US
Telephone: +1.6613102107
Fax: +1.6613102107
Email:

Technical Contact
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old January 27th 12, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jan 25, 12:30*pm, "Ellice K." wrote:
On 1/25/12 9:18 AM, in article
, "Donna"

wrote:
Hmm. Following their own path to Twitter, I see them as being located
in my area, Washington D.C.

Is it possible this is someone I know??? I certainly hope not.

Interesting - though with all the needlework people around - it's possible.
Who knows.

I did send them a note asking them to stop their copyright
violations.

Donna in Virginia

Good thing to do - now - will they respond?

Ellice in NoVA where the sun is finally showing itself

I think they are ignoring me. I am not surprised.

Donna in Virginia
Old January 27th 12, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sewgirls.com[_3_]

responding to http://www.sewgirls.com/needlework/R...rls-87607-.htm
sewgirls.com wrote:
Donna wrote:

I think they are ignoring me.

Not really. I've sent you a private email response to
at 13:57 EST on Jan 25th 2012. My guess is: I'm in your spam filter.
Please check your settings and I can re-send. Alternatively, since there
was not much personal information in my response, I can post it to the
group (I'll obfuscate your personal info from the original email). Let me
know.

With best regards,

Dimitri
SewGirls.com Development Team

Old January 27th 12, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 1/27/12 11:53 AM, in article , "Karen C -
California" wrote:

wrote:
I haven't had a chance to check today to see whether they are putting
all these posts up on sewgirls.com or not, the fact that my original
is up there tells me they collect randomly with a robot. Idiots.

If nothing else, it alerts their readers that they're stealing from
other sources.

Political Diatribes will get us kicked off the forum? Good! I hear the
Republican morons had another debate last night, and that one of the
questions was why would your wife make the best First Lady?
Unfortunately, I missed Gingrich's answer to why his little unprincipled
slut (his third lady) would be better than someone else's reputable
first wife. Does anyone know how he explained away the whore's
background as his long-term mistress?

Jeez Karen, tell us how you really feel. We're just waiting for his next
implosion/explosion. Although as we were driving home the other day joking
about hitting the particular Giant food store where they "shop together" -
according to the PR. It's in our old 'hood, so we used to shop there
fairly regularly. Honestly, I cannot watch their debates - though DH did
for a while - it's like a festival of morons and truly frightening.

COPYRIGHT 2012 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEW GIRLS, IT HAS
BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION WHICH
CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Yeah - Ditto on the COPYRIGHT 2012

Old January 28th 12, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Candy Murphy

FYI... here is Twitter's copyright policy:

Copyright Policy

Twitter respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects
users of the Services to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged
copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly
provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way
that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the
following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the
copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf; (ii)
identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii)
identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the
subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which
is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to
locate the material; (iv) your contact information, including your address,
telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement by you that you have
a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is
not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a
statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under
penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the
copyright owner.

We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without
prior notice and at our sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances,
Twitter will also terminate a user's account if the user is determined to be
a repeat infringer. Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged
copyright infringement appearing on the Services is:

Twitter, Inc.
Attn: Copyright Agent
795 Folsom Street, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94107
Email:

Old January 28th 12, 02:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Candy Murphy

The sewgirls.com site is hosted by ServInt:

TraceRoute to 207.58.171.99 [sewgirls.com]

Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
1 0 0 0 206.123.64.154 jbdr2.0.dal.colo4.com

2 0 0 0 64.124.196.225 xe-4-2-0.er2.dfw2.us.above.net
3 0 0 0 64.125.27.81 xe-0-1-0.cr2.dfw2.us.above.net
4 5 5 5 64.125.31.122 xe-4-2-0.cr2.iah1.us.above.net
5 32 54 32 64.125.30.54 xe-3-1-0.cr2.dca2.us.above.net
6 32 32 64 64.125.28.241 xe-0-0-0.cr1.dca2.us.above.net
7 40 64 33 64.125.31.113 xe-1-1-0.mpr3.iad1.us.above.net
8 64 33 32 64.125.31.110 xe-1-0-0.mpr4.iad1.us.above.net
9 33 33 33 64.125.31.133 xe-1-1-0.mpr4.iad2.us.above.net
10 33 33 33 64.125.195.222
64.125.195.222.t00883-02.above.net
11 33 33 33 216.22.28.22 sc-smv1051.servint.net
12 33 33 33 207.58.171.99 vps.telecom-gear.com
Trace complete

The telecom-gear.com site is another forum with the same policy page as
sewgirls.com (down to the misspelled "Hardvard Law School" link).

ServInt is in McLean, VA. Here is their copyright policy
(http://www.servint.net/policies.php):

Copyright Infringement - Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)

Use of our Services requires that you honor and respect U.S. copyright law.
You may not use our Services to infringe anyone else's copyright, including
the hosting of or direct linking to a torrent or warez site. While we
understand that there are often differences of opinion about copyright law,
the DMCA provides us with no discretion when an entity alleges copyright
infringement.

The steps necessary to file a DMCA complaint, respond to such a notice, and
other steps in the DMCA process are he
[http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/pl105-304.pdf].

Our designated agent for receipt of DMCA notices is:

Christian Dawson
The ServInt Corporation
6861 Elm Street
Fourth Floor
McLean, VA 22101
Fax: (703) 847-1383

Of course, they send you to the dense legal text. But SewGirls.com itself
in its Terms of Service tells us what to include in a DMCA complaint:

Your Full Name [First Middle Last]
Your Email
Your address
A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
A description of the infringing material and information reasonably
sufficient to permit us to locate the material. Please provide the URL of
the page
Are you the copyright owner or the owner's representative?
Please sign the complaint by typing your full name

Hope this is helpful. I'm working on my complaint now, but I don't post
much so I don't have much to complain about.

Old January 28th 12, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 1/28/12 8:30 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

(
[...]

It is, VERY helpful. I notice Dimitri did not bother answering me
here or in email, I think this is the perfect way to go. Later today
I will put my email where my mouth is lol

I imagine that Dmitri is just some guy who is their web server support
person & really doesn't have a lot to do with the "owners" policies. Just
that people with the site ideas for what they want to do often hire some
company that maintains their site server space, and then handles the
complaints, questions & forwards on as needed. But, of course, I could be
wrong.

Just to get Karen going some more - this building is a block away from the
food store where Newt supposedly shops - per his articles with Callista.
Actually, I used to go to a physical therapist in that building a million
years ago.

Good job, Candy. Though personally we pass this building, area a lot - I
don't see that bringing in a hand-signed petition would serve any purpose.
Thought it would be hilarious to have people in front of their office with a
stop copyright infringement sign!

Ellice

Old January 29th 12, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jan 27, 12:48*pm, sewgirls.com
wrote:
responding tohttp://www.sewgirls.com/needlework/Re-sew-girls-87607-.htm

sewgirls.com wrote:
Donna *wrote:
I think they are ignoring me.

Not really. I've sent you a private email response to
at 13:57 EST on Jan 25th 2012. My guess is: I'm in your spam filter.
Please check your settings and I can re-send. Alternatively, since there
was not much personal information in my response, I can post it to the
group (I'll obfuscate your personal info from the original email). Let me
know.

With best regards,

Dimitri
SewGirls.com Development Team

I did not receive an e-mail from you. Not in my inbox or in my spam
folder.

Donna in Virginia who does not give permission to Sew.girls to repost
my USENET posts

GIRLS SHITTING ON BOYS!!! AND BOYS SHITTING ON GIRLS!!!and they dont shy!!!! extremelucy Needlework 0 March 7th 05 01:20 AM
sew-sew weekend maryd Quilting 5 August 30th 04 04:03 PM
Sew Sew Lady (WH) Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 November 28th 03 06:22 PM
ATT'N: WH aka The Sew Sew Lady Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 November 1st 03 06:03 PM