OT Show Gratitude

Old July 22nd 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

Default OT Show Gratitude

You're welcome. How sad for your sister. I met two women in Oregon.
One told me about the other. Woman/mother #2 had 2 boys. One was in the
military. Second said he was going to join the military after 9/11 and she
said she would disown him if he did. He did. Now she says she has one son
and she is saddened that he doesn't allow contact with his children.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
wrote in message
Thank you for the link.
I often come across active or retired service members at work, and I
always try to say "thank you for serving".
My only nephew enlisted in the Army in November 2008 and is now in
Korea. His mother [my little sister] just cannot wrap her mind around
it and resents his choice. How sad she doesn't say "thank you", that
because of our service people we live in a society where we can
basically express our opinions freely.

Ginger in CA

On Jul 21, 9:09 am, "maryd" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfFYxSdKdo

--
Maryhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948?vhost=community

Old July 22nd 09, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

tell her that her son being in the military, no matter how dangerous, is
better than what i got.
there is a good chance he will be ok and come home.
my son didnt give me that option.
4 months ago today and the pain persists from deep inside me somewhere. (
j.

"maryd" wrote...

Old July 22nd 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

I think one of the toughest parts of being a parent is dealing with the
children and
the choices God gives us. It is really tough sometimes. I grew up in a
family that
had a extremely tragic gun accident. I hate guns with every part of me.
Having a
son who not only has one but has had to use one in his work is still
something that
I struggle with. I accept it I guess but in my heart of hearts I wish he
would do
some other work. Your nephew is really not the only one serving. In her
own
way his mama and loved ones serve too. Our hearts follow our children
where
ever they go.
In this country and other free ones we are lucky to have those
brave enough to protect us. May God bless and protect them as they take
care
of us.
Taria

Old July 22nd 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Warm hugs to you jeanne.
Taria
"J*" wrote in message
tell her that her son being in the military, no matter how dangerous, is
better than what i got.
there is a good chance he will be ok and come home.
my son didnt give me that option.
4 months ago today and the pain persists from deep inside me somewhere.
(
j.

"maryd" wrote...

Old July 22nd 09, 05:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

On vacation in Tennessee, we were close to a table where there were 8
marines in uniform. During breakfast, we watched the gratitude. One by
one, the Harley guy, the farmer, the trucker, the granny, the daddy of messy
toddlers, the honeymooners, the server... came by and said 'thank you' and
shake the hands of the young men. No conversation. A lot of heart.
We don't know if they ever got to eat breakfast or not but they surely
knew that they were appreciated. Polly

Old July 22nd 09, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

thanks, Taria.
hugz to you as well,
j.
i hate guns too, always have, always will

"Taria" wrote...
Warm hugs to you jeanne.
Taria

Old July 22nd 09, 05:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

My sister refused to assist him in the interviews, or help him get to
the recruiters. When he left for bootcamp she stayed home and he left
on his own.
What I don't understand is how she would rant about him not working,
and that he was underfoot. When he decided to enlist, she so against
it. I think she is manic.

Ginger in CA
bless our service members. As someone here said "you don't have to
support the military efforts, but we should support the military
personnel

Maryhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948?vhost=community- Hide quoted text -

Old July 22nd 09, 06:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

I retract former statement. she is plain selfish and nuts.
Is there any reason we all have a nutty sister?
Taria

Old July 22nd 09, 06:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

yea, i have a nutty sister too but then no doubt she'd say the same about
me.
oh well.
j.

"Taria" wrote...

Old July 22nd 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
turtle

On Jul 21, 9:09 am, "maryd" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfFYxSdKdo

--
Maryhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948?vhost=community-Hide
quoted text -

In my family, I am the nutty sister. However, I am a nice nutty, not
a hurtful nutty. Every family should have one to keep the rest of you
from getting too settled in your ruts.
Turtle

Show and Tell Beadbimbo Beads 15 January 18th 08 06:11 PM
A big show and tell from me... Barbara Forbes-Lyons Polymer Clay 15 April 3rd 07 10:08 AM
Show Guide for the Knitting and Stitching Show at Ally Pally/NEC Penny Gaines Yarn 0 September 12th 06 04:02 PM
Show and Tell! Black Cat Beads Beads 29 May 12th 04 12:37 AM
Deepest gratitude Karen Williams Johnson Quilting 15 October 16th 03 12:55 AM