Annoying Webshots Audio plug-ins

Old June 19th 09, 08:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

Default Annoying Webshots Audio plug-ins

i've been using webshots free version since 2003 and just checked it now.
nothing is popping up and/or making any sounds at all.
weird you lot are all getting stuck with it.
j.

"John" wrote...
I have noticed that Webshots has started using annoying plugins to
flog something or other that requires you to unclick it to make it
stop it's syrupy voiced intrusion. It might be time to look for a new
photo hosting site. Any suggestions? Thank heavens I have copies of
all my photo's in a back up hard drive.

John

Old June 19th 09, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Doesn't Pop-up Stopper work? I get an occasional Webshots annoyance,
but mostly nothing pops up.
Roberta in D

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:12:36 -0400, "Alice in PA"
wrote:

When I uploaded some new photos today, I noticed the same thing. You click
one ad "off", and the next one comes on louder. I think turning off the
sound might be a good solution!

Old June 19th 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

wrote:
When I uploaded some new photos today, I noticed the same thing. *You click
one ad "off", and the next one comes on louder. *I think turning off the
sound might be a good solution!

No it doesn't stop this fiendishly effective intrusion that originates
from within the webshots page. You have to click the annoying thing to
shut it off and then it starts again after you click anything else on
the site. Enough already! I have cancelled my webshots acct and am
looking into other providers.

John
Old June 19th 09, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I just checked mine yesterday. I thought perhaps I wasn't affected, but
after staying on my page for a few seconds, one of the ads became active
with an audio track accompaniment. Rats. I may have to change my account
too. Has anyone contacted the Webshots owners to protest?

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 19th 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jun 19, 8:10*am, "KJ" wrote:
I just checked mine yesterday. *I thought perhaps I wasn't affected, but
after staying on my page for a few seconds, one of the ads became active
with an audio track accompaniment. *Rats. *I may have to change my account
too. *Has anyone contacted the Webshots owners to protest?

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsihttp://community.webshots.com/user/kathylquiltz

"J*" wrote in ....
i've been using webshots free version since 2003 and just checked it now.
nothing is popping up and/or making any sounds at all.
weird you lot are all getting stuck with it.
j.

"John" wrote...
I have noticed that Webshots has started using annoying plugins to
flog something or other that requires you to unclick it to make it
stop it's syrupy voiced intrusion. It might be time to look for a new
photo hosting site. Any suggestions? Thank heavens I have copies of
all my photo's in a back up hard drive.

John

I contacted them and told them I was closing the acct because of the
intrusive audio spam. No response from them. I looked at the figures
for my particular webshots page and the number of hits was over
18,000. I bet they will feel the pain when they realize that won't be
advancing anymore.

John
Old June 19th 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

My albums have over 125,000 hits and still haven't had any sound spam.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old June 19th 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Are you logging in and viewing online? Check your album, select a photo,
then click on "view online". That's when I heard the noisy ads.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
ers2...

Old June 19th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

John wrote:
I have noticed that Webshots has started using annoying plugins to
flog something or other that requires you to unclick it to make it
stop it's syrupy voiced intrusion. It might be time to look for a new
photo hosting site. Any suggestions? Thank heavens I have copies of
all my photo's in a back up hard drive.

John

I have noticed new pop-ups, but as I always surf with my speakers turned
off, I hadn't noticed the noise. Hmmm.

Michelle in NV
Old June 19th 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mickie Swall[_3_]

Mary, as soon as I clicked on your link below, I got a blast of audio spam.
Some of the other sites it didn't come on until I acutally got into the
albums and pictures.
Mickie

ers2...

Annoying Symbols Sharon Needlework 22 August 26th 08 12:41 PM
Question about diamonds (probably an annoying one) [email protected] Jewelry 4 May 2nd 05 03:44 AM
OT - REALLY annoying spam Mj Beads 8 October 24th 04 08:22 PM
OT Speaking of losing things.....was Now, this is annoying! Dr. Sooz Beads 19 September 15th 03 10:45 PM
Now, this is annoying! Cheri2Star Beads 11 September 11th 03 09:06 PM