A Hug for my friend Don

Old February 3rd 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default A Hug for my friend Don

WOW that looks fantastic Susan.

Well done

Dee in Oz

Old February 3rd 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wow!! What a special quilt.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Betsy Ross" wrote in message
k.net...
A friend was diagnosed with a brain tumour recently. Though the use of the
website Supportcirlce.com, his friends and family have been able to keep up
on his status and leave messages of support. After about two hours of
playing with the messages page, I was able to send email to all who had
posted requesting input for a Hug. I received blocks, photos, and messages
from around the world. The meditations and prayers of over 300 people are
included in the Hug. I am very happy with the completed quilt which was
sent Priority Mail on Tuesday. He should receive it today.

A picture of the completed quilt can be seen at
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...67347196RVXqMy
Don does a radio show called "The Hayride" which is represented by the
sashing and keystone fabrics. The quilt will win no design prizes,
nowhere to rest your eye. But it reflects Don's varied interests and love
and friendship he shares with so many.

This is, by far, my proudest quilting moment to date.

Susan
aka Betsy Ross

Old February 3rd 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Susan, what a wonderful gift for your friend in his time of need. I am
sure that it will raise his spirits. Thanks for sharing the picture
and reminding us that we need to be there for our friends.

Susan Price

Old February 3rd 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What an uplifting, heartfelt gift. The quilt turned out wonderfully,
Susan. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle in NV

OT Quick update on my friend Paul & Suzie Beckwith Quilting 9 August 19th 05 08:24 PM
My London friend MRH Yarn 4 July 11th 05 08:10 AM
OT - prayers for my friend Peggy Beads 5 January 21st 05 03:55 AM
OT- the meaning of a true friend Mystified One Beads 7 December 2nd 04 06:03 AM
Not OT -- my Florida friend is a quilter! GwenO MS Quilting 0 August 21st 04 09:28 PM