Best reason for summer

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 10th 03, 12:30 AM
Elena

Default Best reason for summer

How very neat!! I never would have thunk of that. I've been so
overprotected apparently. lol

Elena, who never heard of fried okra until she got married. Mom's steamed
okra. ugh!!!!!!!!!

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
My folks always heavily buttered a heel of bread to use as a corn
butterer... just cup the bread in your hand and roll the hot corn around

in
it. Mmmmmmmmmmm
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Elena" wrote in message
t...
Got a recipe for the avocado/lime butter? wow that sounds so good!!
I haven't ever heard of the paintbrush idea too. I like it!

Elena in Tx

"Sarah Curry" wrote in message
Or, de-silk them, pull the shucks back up, wet them, and grill THOSE
(the shucks then serve as a GREAT "handle") ... and then serve with
fresh avocado/lime butter (and paintbrushes, for the ease of painting

on
the "butter")

Grins,
Sairey

M. Wetmore wrote:

We love sweet corn and eat it often during the summer. Our favorite
way to prepare it is to grill the shucked ears until lightly golden
and then squeeze lime juice on them and sprinkle with kosher salt.

We
started eating corn this way when we decided to live a low-fat
lifestyle. Not doing too well on the lowfat lifestyle but will love
corn cooked this way.

Mardi