AD: Ebay and Justbeads auctions

Old November 28th 04, 05:38 PM
Kalera Stratton

That's how I handle mine; I don't ever see any numbers, the information
goes straight to Authorize.net and they take care of it.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Armand Vine wrote:
I recently redid our web page with the help of a professional. Apparently
there are some new federal rules coming about how to handle CC information.
As I understand it, it is quite complex and requires a lot of special,
secure data management.
For this reason, I went with a shopping cart that automatically does all the
CC stuff and I never see any numbers so I don't have to be bothered by the
new rules.
Armand
ps-I knew nothing of this until my web site developer told me about it.
It is very easy to add a paypal shopping cart or paypal "buy now" buttons to
your web site.
I do not know of any charges beyond those they already charge. Go to
merchant tools(I think) on their home page.

Old November 28th 04, 05:39 PM
Kalera Stratton

That's interesting! I still have a fascination for nuns. I think they're
neat.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

vj wrote:
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Kalera Stratton

whoa! so did i.
and i WAS a Catholic at the time!

Old November 28th 04, 05:43 PM
Kalera Stratton

Gosh, thank you Stephanie! I tend to be a person who seeks out peace,
but my household is, well, peaceful in the way that a treeful of happy
juiced-up monkeys is peaceful.

I think I do find peace through creative expression and spirituality, it
helps center me amidst the mayhem.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Stephanie wrote:
I still am...

I was just very attracted to the idea of a dedicatedly peaceful,
industrious existence.

I see you as having that Kalera! And I have in fact been wondering lately if it
is your Religion/spirituality/creative expression that accounts for it.

.Stephanie.

Gotta Question?
Google: rec.craft.bead
http://tinyurl.com/5wm36

Old November 28th 04, 05:45 PM
Kalera Stratton

I want them to learn not only physical self-mastery, but also the mental
discipline that comes with a holistic martial art. Juliet can use it to
enhance her already-considerable confidence and her somewhat less
considerable skills of observation and sensitivity, and Sam can use it
to learn to control his body and calm his mind.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

vj wrote:
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Kalera Stratton
:

]Sam and Juliet will be taking Aikido next year. I'm glad you have a
]positive experience to report about it.

i've never heard anything but good about it. ever.
and one of the people i trusted most in this world said the same
thing.

Old November 28th 04, 05:48 PM
Kalera Stratton

We're going to go meet him and observe a class (he teaches children
exclusively) after Christmas. I have high hopes, as it looks like his
focus is very much on the holistic discipline of the art, rather than on
the physical offense/defense.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Christina Peterson wrote:
My only additional suggestion is to meet the Sensei, and get a feel for
whether he is the macho type, or a believer in Aikido. Martial artists
traditionally believe in doing the least possible damage. Walking away from
a fight is more honorable than "giving them what they deserve".

People who have trouble with too much anger and inappropriate expression of
anger also benefit from Aikido and other martial arts. Knowing what you're
doing and taking responsibility for your actions is a big part of martial
arts.

Tina

Old November 28th 04, 05:50 PM
Kalera Stratton

I would like to also be remembered as generous. Not necessarily
materially generous; that is not the most important thing. Spiritual and
emotional generosity is very important to me. I'm not saying that I
*have* that, but it is an ideal I strive for.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Su/Cutworks wrote:
Kalera wrote:

Yes, I rate kindness very highly. I don't try to be nice, but I do try
to be kind.

I'd rather be kind and good than nice.

When I die, I want to be remembered as a good person and a kind one.

-Su

Old November 28th 04, 05:51 PM
Kalera Stratton

If you look up "nice" in the dictionary, you will find that you are not
the first people to be confused by its meaning.

It is a word that has been used to describe many kinds of behavior, and
it's no wonder that the definition is still different for different people.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

vj wrote:
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Karleen/Vibrant Jewels"
:

]It's pretty much nice=kind=good.
]
]Nice doesn't equal being brainless or stupid or afraid, at least not to me.

i'm with you.
absolutely, totally confused by the whole discussion!

Old November 28th 04, 06:43 PM
Tinkster

I haven't read this whole thread, but with all the talk about the
meaning and usefulness of the word (and concept of) "nice", I just
wanted to clarify what I meant.

I may be wrong (and I'm sure you'll let me know if I am) but I *think*
that this was my only reference to "nice":

Tinkster wrote:

I just hate seeing people discussed like this when they're not around
to defend themselves. Usenet words last forever. And, as my mother
always said, "If you don't have something nice to say, say it in
private."

The only point I was trying to make is that it makes ME uncomfortable
when I see this kind of stuff going on. Everyone here is, of course,
free to say what they please. As am I. I wouldn't change that for the
world.

My reasons for posting were, I admit, selfish ones: It made ME feel
better to speak up about my discomfort. I was hoping that it might
make some folks stop and think a bit and show, as Sooz once said, "a
bit of grace".

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old November 28th 04, 09:28 PM
Carla

I don't get it either, and it's something I've only come across in the
past coupla years. I wonder if it's something to do with "a nice girl
doesn't whatever". Nice ladies don't raise their voices/disagree/talk
back, etc.

Cheers,
Carla

Karleen/Vibrant Jewels wrote:

I don't get it... how is being nice different from being kind and good? Why
is nice "bad" and kind "good"? How can you be nice without being kind - or
kind without being nice? I'm not talking about being a hypocrite... you can
PRETEND to be kind and/or nice, of course. Maybe nice means something
different where I come from. It's pretty much nice=kind=good.

Nice doesn't equal being brainless or stupid or afraid, at least not to me.

Old November 28th 04, 09:38 PM
Kaytee

In article , Kalera Stratton
writes:

Paypal account. Their prices are very competetive, the only
drawback being that you can't use them to accept credit cards at a show.

Actually, that can be done. The last art show I was in (Conjecture) had an
internet connection at the check-out desk, and if people wanted to pay via
credit card, they used PayPal. Fees were subtracted from payments made to the
artists.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com