Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

Old October 15th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Default Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

I didn't get any sewing done... but did receive a special goody in the mail! Nancy's Notions had
advertised a great deal on thread with a nice storage case AND a sewing machine travel case. I
splurged. It came today. I am so excited!

I hope to get back to work on the DWR tomorrow.

Friday I bought fabric to be ready to jump right in on joining my guild BOM's from last year (need
the top assembled by our November meeting). That will be a simple sashing -- 3 narrow rows of
fabric (dark purple on the outside - white in the middle) with 9 patches in the cornerstones. You
can see the EQ version in my webshots folder. All 24 blocks are finished. It is just the sashing I
need to complete.

So hopefully by this time next week... the notorious DWR will be on its way to the long arm quilter
in Minnesota... and the Purple/White BOM will be ready to go when I get the DWR back!

Kate in MI

Old October 15th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

I finished cutting out the last (I hope) of the non-blue triangles for
my 1000 Pyramids take along project. Also, I pieced the back for a
flannel YBR. The back and top are now waiting patiently for me to pin
baste them--maybe tomorrow?

Mary
Old October 15th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA

I took a member's workshop through the guild. Each October, since that
is the month we give the outgoing President her quilt, we do not have a
speaker so members offer classes. I took a class on making these really
cute purses. I am not a sewer, only a quilter and was amazed at how well
I did. I will post the pictures tomorrow or so on my Webshots when I am
awake to trust myself not to drop my camera.

Debbi in SO CA

Old October 15th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tamara

I cut out thread catchers and even worked on sewing some that were
already cut out. I also sewed the binding on a quilt I make every very
as a donation to a cat rescue group. The raffle it off and last years
quilt made close to 500.00 for them. I was pleased. So all in all a
good day.

Tamara

Old October 15th 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Lovely quilts Kate!

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

:
: I hope to get back to work on the DWR tomorrow.
:
: Friday I bought fabric to be ready to jump right in on
joining my guild BOM's from last year (need
: the top assembled by our November meeting). That will be
a simple sashing -- 3 narrow rows of
: fabric (dark purple on the outside - white in the middle)
with 9 patches in the cornerstones. You
: can see the EQ version in my webshots folder. All 24
blocks are finished. It is just the sashing I
: need to complete.
:
: So hopefully by this time next week... the notorious DWR
will be on its way to the long arm quilter
: in Minnesota... and the Purple/White BOM will be ready to
go when I get the DWR back!
:
: Kate in MI
: http://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves
:
:

Old October 15th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
BJ

Almost finished 'framing' my 16 candlewicking blocks with lace. Hope to
finish and start putting them together with sashing tomorrow. They are SO
pretty I can hardly wait.
BJ in GA
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bj31032/albums/

Old October 15th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I should have added that I did do some sewing today.
http://tinyurl.com/ym3fe9
string pieced placemats with cat motifs on the reverse.
Each motif has one of four very strong colours in the
background. I have already finished the green and gold
ones. Today was making the purple and blue.

I also posted some pictures of F's cow quilt.
http://tinyurl.com/yz7qrh
She does classes with me on Monday nights and this was her
first applique project. Her second was the elephant head -
http://tinyurl.com/yn39m6

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o
( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
Enness Boofhead Donut
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Cats" wrote in message
: Lovely quilts Kate!
:
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
: o o o o o o
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: Enness Boofhead Donut
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau
:
:
: "Kate G." wrote in message
: ...
::I didn't get any sewing done... but did receive a special
: goody in the mail! Nancy's Notions had
:: advertised a great deal on thread with a nice storage
case
: AND a sewing machine travel case. I
:: splurged. It came today. I am so excited!
::

Old October 15th 06, 10:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

I read a few quilty magazines.....dreamed a few dreams......made plans for
my Hawaiian fabric.....and really thought I should finish quilting that
nightmare quilt.

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)

Old October 15th 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

well on your today ( my yesterday): I attacked the monster quilt for a
while, plotted my quilted waistcoat, designed a quilt = 12 variations of
one, while plotting what I can do for next years
bout of insanity aka entering the next years European quilt championships

today I must finish quilting the monster quilt - just a bit of border left
:-D and trim the quilt and join the binding strips I cut when I cut out the
quilt and make the sleeve. hopefully I can sew the binding on so I will have
all day tomorrow to handsew the yards and yards of binding down

tired yet? LOL
--
Jessamy - envying the lovely thunk in the mail you got Kate!
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)
[...]

OT warning, bee in my bonnet Polly Esther Quilting 125 July 29th 05 03:40 PM
Online Quilt Stores, a roll call Diana Curtis Quilting 55 January 28th 05 04:45 PM
roll call Marijke Quilting 16 January 18th 05 04:40 AM
ROLL CALL Scott Williams Quilting 10 January 12th 05 05:05 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 02:49 AM