Spring Inspirations?

Old March 28th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Spring Inspirations?

Here in the desert spring colors, depending on rainfall, are lots of
different greens, reds and oranges, creamy white and the Yellow of the
Palo Verde blossoms.
Spring is bright and colorful. And short......sigh.

Pati, in Phx

wrote:

Hi everyone:
With the weather beginning to warm up here in New Hampshire and
anticipating the gorgeous spring colors to follow, I am itching to
create a new wall quilt featuring spring colors. Yellow, purple and
green are on the top of my list, but I am also wondering what color
combinations make others think of spring.
So, what does spring look like to you?
All the best,
Carol
www.caroldoak.com

Old March 28th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

hi Carol,
all shades of green from dark to LIME.
green is mother natures neutral afterall, eh.
toss in the odd wee bit of flower colours and you got one fantastic quilt
imo.
hey they work for me, as long as there is lots of LIME in it.
LIME LIME LIME!!!!!
heehee
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old March 28th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Here, in the Pacific Northwest, it's tulips, daffodils, azaleas and
rhododendrons. The colors are spectacular. I have every shade of pink -
hyacinths, daffodils, tulips, and I even have some peach color
daffodils. And lots of lavenders. Spring around here will just take your
breath away. Definitely my favorite season... filled with pastels and
brights.....

Patti in Seattle

Old March 28th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Bonnie NJ wrote:
Okay, that's what I thought you meant. Around here it seems like they wait
until the first really warm day when everyone opens the windows - then the
honey wagons appear as if by magic.

And that, is spring to me.

-georg
smiling
Old March 28th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

here just north of Seattle, in Vancouver area, I came home from Toronto
- visiting my family - on Tuesday last. While in TO at my sisters condo
- I looked out the window and said - "I really miss the GREEN". I was
so pleased when driving through Vancouver from the airport, to see
daffodils and azaleas and all the flowering trees lining the streets had
blossoms on them. And here in my condo, I look out the window and see
hills and mountains covered with green trees.

Cathy in BC

Old March 28th 06, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

" wrote:

Hi everyone:
With the weather beginning to warm up here in New Hampshire and
anticipating the gorgeous spring colors to follow, I am itching to
create a new wall quilt featuring spring colors. Yellow, purple and
green are on the top of my list, but I am also wondering what color
combinations make others think of spring.
So, what does spring look like to you?
All the best,
Carol
www.caroldoak.com

Peach, lilac and daffodil yellow along with spring green and maybe
robin's egg blue.

Mary
Old March 28th 06, 07:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 27 Mar 2006 14:53:22 -0800, "
wrote:

Hi everyone:
With the weather beginning to warm up here in New Hampshire and
anticipating the gorgeous spring colors to follow, I am itching to
create a new wall quilt featuring spring colors. Yellow, purple and
green are on the top of my list, but I am also wondering what color
combinations make others think of spring.
So, what does spring look like to you?
All the best,
Carol
www.caroldoak.com

Spring means rich color everywhere. Crocus yellow, sky blue,
chartreuse or spring green, the orangey red of my favorite tulips, red
bud trees and azaleas in hot pink or fuschia, dark Robin's egg blue,
and pure white clouds.

Yes, I know most of those colors fairly assault the eyes, but by
Winter's end my eyes are longing for pure saturated color and soft
Easter-like pastels just don't satisfy that need.

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old March 28th 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Your colours, plus blue and white (blue not just from flowers like grape
hyacinth, but the special quality of a spring sky blue).
Then, if you get too bored with everything 'matching', think of two
early flowering shrubs (two that I can remember offhand I mean!): Daphne
(pink) and Chaenomeles (salmon pink). Our winter flowering heathers are
still out - some of these are also pink.
..
In message . com,
" writes
Hi everyone:
With the weather beginning to warm up here in New Hampshire and
anticipating the gorgeous spring colors to follow, I am itching to
create a new wall quilt featuring spring colors. Yellow, purple and
green are on the top of my list, but I am also wondering what color
combinations make others think of spring.
So, what does spring look like to you?
All the best,
Carol
www.caroldoak.com

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 28th 06, 10:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

All shades of lime green,(if that makes sense) and of course after the
creamy yellow of primroses and yellow of Daffodils there is the glorious
Blue bells! My Daffs are about 4 weeks late this year.Just opening! Glorious
time of year.My favorite!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

ups.com...

Old March 28th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ahhh... Eau d'Campagne!

well.. quite a few "perfumes" are truly stinky this is too so why not give
it a French name ;-)
--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands