OT Why I am never visiting Oz even for free beer

Old March 22nd 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Why I am never visiting Oz even for free beer

Googled and found
http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/canetoad.htm

and can see why they have to control them. Why do people introduce
species that just destroy their new environment.

I am afraid that frogs and toads are to me what spiders are to lots of
people - ugggg. Sorry - I meet them , shudder and run. Quite
illogical I know. That is why we don't have a garden pond, though they
still come to see me. And they have big hops!
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 03:52:02 GMT, (NightMist)
wrote:

I don't much care for beer any way, and this just about put me off for
life:

http://www.ntnews.news.com.au/common...e13569,00.html

The resulting extremely cautious search has resulted in my resolution
to never ever visit Austrailia ever.

NightMist The Batrachophobe

My sinuis infection has me all weak, fevered, and bored out of my
skull. Just sitting up is exhausting for any length of time. So I
have been spending way to much time online, and looking for any book
in the house that I haven't already read a thousand times.

Old March 22nd 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Y'all know the sad thing? I've been to QLD (home of the cane toad) a
gazillion times, and never once laid eyes on a living breathing cane toad.
Squished yes, but alive no. Never seen any of these horrific poisonous
snakes, spiders, etc. Instead just gorgeous scenery, adorable fluffy
animals, and wonderful wonderful people and LQS!!

quicker)

"NightMist" wrote in message
You missed the batrachophobe part.

I am crazy in my unrelenting terror of froggish things. One time I
actually fell through a closed window in my haste to flee from a tree
one that a boy brought indoors.

The wee tiny local garden variety toad can send me screaming up a
wall. The idea of poisonous monster ones infesting a whole
country/continent is the very stuff of my worst nightmares.

NightMist
shuddering just from useing the F and the T words in a post

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:39:56 +1100, "Sharon Harper"
wrote:

Why? I think it is a truly NT way of getting rid of a pest - and the

cane
toads are a true pest. What is better giving them a humane ending at the
RSPCA, or turning them into wallets, keychains and the like (and yes I

have
seen this)? Or having crazy QLD drivers squish them and turn them into
roadkill? Quite a rash statement based on one article, I feel but still
that is your opinion and you are entitled to it

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (happy to live in

the
land down under - cane toads and all)
quicker)

http://www.ntnews.news.com.au/common...468%5e13569,00.

html

The resulting extremely cautious search has resulted in my resolution
to never ever visit Austrailia ever.

NightMist The Batrachophobe

My sinuis infection has me all weak, fevered, and bored out of my
skull. Just sitting up is exhausting for any length of time. So I
have been spending way to much time online, and looking for any book
in the house that I haven't already read a thousand times.

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.

Old March 22nd 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yay! sort of.....

Somebody else!

Though I am more of a scream and flee in a blind panic sort than a
shudder and run type.

The farther north you move the fewer of the evil creatures there are.
As of yet I have been unable to convince my family that life north of
the arctic circle is an ongoing party.
I can't even get DH and DGF to consider Chicoutimi.

NightMist

Old March 22nd 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Eggstactly our point --- you can be in the outback for four
months and never sight any of these dangerous creatures!

Just because the ol' US of A has tournadoes, hurricanes, rattlesnakes
and
'gators and seriously weird gun-toting maniacs who shoot up schools and
shopping malls doesn't mean I won't travel there.
I don't know how you all sleep at night. LOL
Please come and visit - Sharon, Cats, me and all your aussie friends
want to show you our LQS's and everything else.

-- Bronnie

Old March 22nd 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The only time I have screamed in my whole life was when a small one
jumped out and landed on my sandelled foot.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old March 22nd 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

we aint got snakes here in nz.
j.
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old March 23rd 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hey - come on down! You'd fit right in at my place!

--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"QuiltsWithCatFur"
wrote in message
. ..
: That's why I want to go there! I love crazy people in
action. Cyndi
:
: the crocodiles, snakes, cane toads, venomous spiders,
flies that really
: bite, very occasional tropical cyclones and the odd brand
of football many
: of us play, it is still a really great place to visit.
LOL
:
:

Old March 23rd 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Aahhh!! But we do have gun control! ROFL

--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )
Enness Boofhead Donut

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"teleflora" wrote in message
:
: I'm ascared to go to Oz. There are more things waiting to
kill you than any
: place on earth.
:
: Cindy
:
:

Old March 23rd 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Saw a flock of those noisy lil' birds EAT the siding of a
house! The couple replaced the timber with aluminium - and
they tore that off too. Seems they didn't like the sun
reflecting off the wall. That end of the house sat
abandoned near where I used to live in NSW 15 years ago.

Oh dear! Does this mean I have added to the list of scary
things? Are you all going to think we have the birds from
the Hitchcock movie? ROFLMAO

--

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
: teleflora wrote:
:
: I'm ascared to go to Oz. There are more things waiting
to kill you than any
: place on earth.
:
: Cindy
:
: Years ago, DH was sent to work in OZ for a month. He
spent four
: full weeks at a natural gas pumping station in Moomba
which is way to
: the north of Adelaide in the middle of the Outback!
Anywhoooo, the one
: thing he was specifically told to bring was a pair of
STEEL TOED
: MID-CALF leather work boots. Seems there are something
like 29
: different snakes in that area and about 40 of them are
poisonous!
: Poisonous to the point of "if you're bit, you DIE"!!! He
still has the
: work boots and fortunately never laid eyes on a snake --
thank heavens.
: Of course, he got up close and personal with hundreds of
sulphur
: crested cockatoos and has THE funniest stories to tell
about them
: playing with the high power lines, etc. -- LOLOL!
CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old March 23rd 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Why I am never visiting Oz

But frogs have no shark teeth, no scorpion or bee stingers, no venomous
fangs, no ability to wrap around you and crush you, they don't chase you, no
painful bite, they can't kill you, hurt you, or leave a scar. they just
**** on your hands when you pick them up.
Do they scare you because they are ugly?
Cyndi

You missed the batrachophobe part.