OT - Prayer Request for a child

Old February 25th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - Prayer Request for a child

Tina wrote:

Kate G. - that is EXACTLY what we did last night and probably will
again tonight! It is now OUR Hug and having ALL of you to wrap aroundd
BOTH of us, is more comforting than you could possibly imagine right
now.

Kate D. - Can you believe, that after just having gone through this
custody/court battle not even a year ago - the courts believe that it
is best for children to be given the chance to have SOME kind of
relationship with their biological parent, no matter what that parent
is like or does! Short of physically threatening the life of the child
- they will continue to allow this man to have some kind of contact
with these children until he is proven REPEATEDLY to be a detriment to
their physical and/or mental health and safety!

This time - I have four therapists and even more documentation than
before - I just hate it that we have to go through all of that again to
prove it!

I thhank you all, repeatedly!
Tina

Oh, I can believe it! My sister in law worked in the field for years
(worked for the local council for the kids on the child protection list
as a lawyer), and the number of times months of hard work was wasted by
daft court decisions... Mind you, I should think his talking about
suicide would be a good indicator of the damage his father has done.

Fingers are SERIOUSLY crossed here!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 25th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tina, what an awful blow to all of you, especially now when you're
facing such medical problems. Of course my best thoughts are coming for
all of you, especially for you and Billy. {{{Hugs}}}
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old February 25th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I was in a somewhat similar circumstance when I was 13. Kids just need
to know they didn't cause the problem and it isn't their job to fix it.
Kids aren't the reason for a divorce and it isn't their job to make
parents happy.

It is Billy's job to be Billy and tell all the adults exactly how he
feels, what he thinks, and what is his wish in the matter. If he
doesn't know how he feels, it's his job to tell the adults that too.
That is all he is equipped to handle at his age. He can't make mom well
(although I know that is tearing him apart) and he can't make dad happy.
He doesn't need to be strong, that's the adults' jobs, not his.

I'm praying that, whomever else he has to talk to, he will be told he
wasn't put here on earth to fix his parents problems. Billy is a
wonderful kid with a really, really great mom.

Please tell Billy for me that it was hard, but I got through it, and he
will too. He has lots of "aunts" out here who truly care what happens
to him.

Tina wrote:

Being the very appreciative recipient of a huge bundle of love and
prayers this week, I feel almost ashamed to ask for prayers today - but
I absolutely have to. Not for myself though, for Billy.

It's a long, years old story - but it appears that we are headed back
to court again. Since my daughter left home and I am headed to NIH to
try and get a handle on my health issues - my ex has decided that this
all means that I am not a fit mother (again) and that my son should be
taken away from me and go to live with this alcoholic and abusive man
and his family.

This is just tearing Billy to pieces! His dad apparently worked on him
heavily this past Saturday, trying to convince him that he "wants" to
go live with his dad. It creates intense feelings of guilt, insecurity
and fear for the poor child because he doesn't want to leave his mom,
he doesn't want to hurt his dad...... it's a long story and far too
much to expect a child to deal with.

He is still in therapy and had an extremely rough session with her on
Wednesday. Yesterday we went to his psychiatrist and she has now
diagnosed him with Severe Depressive Disorder. (He asked me on Sunday
if I knew how long it takes somebody to die if they stab themself.
When I asked him why he would ask such a question, he told me it was
because he wants to die. He doesn't want to go through this any more!)

It is really heartbreaking and unfortunately, there isn't anything I
can do to stop the situation at the moment except to prepare to go
through the court battle again and try to put a permanent stop to it
this time.

The most important and valuable thing (I feel) that I can do for him at
this moment - is to pray. Whatever form that takes for you, I'd
appreciate it immensely on Billy's behalf. A good thought, a pagan
blessing, a Goddesses wish, whatever - Billy and I just need all the
faith and hope we can get at the moment and we'll take it in any way we
can get it!

Thank you again with all my heart for your Hugs and prayers already,
and thank you even more so, for Billy
Tina

Old February 26th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Big hugs to Billy Tina. I'm sorry you all have to go through
so much right now. There are a lot of good thoughts and prayers
being sent out for you. We've seen it work here before.
Hugs, TAria

Old February 26th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

All prayers, hugs and everything to you and Billy.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old February 26th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tina: Prayers and good thoughts for Billy, you, and for all kids
and parents dealing with custody issues. Big hugs too.....
PAT in VA/USA

Old February 26th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Phyllis, that was so very true and so beautifully put! I went through
the same as well, and vowed never, ever to put my children through
that. The best intentions - but my ex sure doesn't see it that way
unfortunately.

I just keep trying to remind Billy, it's NOT his fault and I am so
sorry that he has been put in this situation. Even my daughter now,
called me last night crying and angry that dad had called her and is
still doing the same to her. Now she feels twice as guilty that this
is all her fault for leaving home. He can't understand and won't in a
million years - that what he is doing IS the reason she left! She
didn't want to feel that she had to choose mom OR dad and by moving
away, somewhere else, she was hoping to be free of it and be out of the
middle. She told me again last night, in tears, "Mom, he will never
stop doing this to us, until he is dead or in jail!" What a horrible
thing to have to feel about her own dad. It just breaks my heart.

Thank you for your understanding, your compassion and your prayers!

Tina

Old February 26th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yep, lots of prayers coming from here, Tina. And by all means, get those
professionals to testify against his Dad, about how harmful this all is to
him. I agree with you completely about trying to stop all visits if
possible. It's tearing up the kid's mind and emotions. Yep, strong prayers
coming from here.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old February 26th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tina,

I'm so sorry for the time you and Billy are having. Let him know our
prayers are with you both.

Billie in TX

Old March 1st 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Love and hugs headed across the water to Billy. Is there anything that
would make him feel just a mite better?

quicker)

"Tina" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Prayer Request Karen C - California Needlework 0 July 11th 05 05:52 PM
A Christmas Prayer request Debi Matlack Quilting 22 December 30th 04 04:20 PM
OT Prayer Request for Emily Ms Ann Quilting 6 April 28th 04 05:00 PM
prayer request CNYstitcher Quilting 1 April 19th 04 02:49 PM
OT prayer request Jan Dunaway Quilting 8 September 23rd 03 11:27 PM