RCTQ Quilting Week - What are you working on?

Old January 25th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default RCTQ Quilting Week - What are you working on?

I'm so glad you brought that up, Alison. I've been meaning to contact
Wendy about hers for ages, and just haven't got round to it!
I have one; but how do you get it to work?
If I try to turn it, with one hand, by pushing on one corner of the top
piece, the whole lot slides around. It slides smoothly if I hold the
base, and if I have the top slightly kitty corner to the base.
Have you got the base fixed to something static? Should I take off the
corners of the base, so that there is only the top layer to touch when I
want to push it round. I have been busy, so haven't had a chance to try
all these things. I might be missing something, but it didn't come with
any instructions for fixing etc, so perhaps that isn't the solution. I
really want to use it.
So could you or Wendy give me some pointers? I'd be very grateful.
..
In message , Alison McD
writes
...but I made myself feel better by buying the 12" square Olfa mat
that has the rotating base...and isn't that the niftiest thing EVER?

Alison

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 25th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, I have been doing a bunch of that. G
Sat. I had a T'berries meeting and a Moda Club meeting.
Sunday I taught a class on the Ricky Tims' Divide and Conquer quilt
(modified to use 4 fabrics).
Monday I tried to catch up on things.
Tuesday I slept and did a major CostCo shopping trip.
Today was guild chapter meeting. I also finished the binding (top was
donated to the group, one of our members quilted it, and I said I would
do the binding) on a quilt that is to be raffled off this week/weekend.
Tomorrow through Sat is the Sewing and Craft Festival here in Phoenix
(which is where the quilt will be raffled.)
This Sat. is also our local Dear Jane meeting in the afternoon.

I am also working on my Denim and Diamonds quilt, finishing hand work on
a couple of others, and starting a couple more. G

Plus reading books and magazines, picked up a new one today. And got my
first AQS mag in the mail on Monday too.

Pati, in Phx

frood wrote:

So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

Old January 25th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"frood" wrote in message

So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Yes.

chipper (heehee

Old January 25th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

We used the blue water soluble marker to mark the quilting lines. I have it
laid out on a shower curtain and have soaked it very well! We will then
bind it and I'll wash it and block it square to dry on the basement floor.
I get very flat quilts that way.
KJ

"Julia in MN" wrote in message
KJ wrote:
I'm spraying and removing the markings on the raffle quilt for our guild.
It's all done with the hand quilting!

Do you spray the quilt with something to remove markings? If so, what do
you use? What kind of markings does it remove?

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old January 26th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

Read the new AQS and Applique Society mags that came in the mail
yesterday.

Taught a hand applique class today.

Shopped after class ;-)

Did a little sewing room straightening and hope, hope, hope to get some
sewing time in tomorrow (if the sick kid is better)

marcella
Old January 26th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Been battling a wicked headache since last Thursday. :-(

But in between bouts of ache and bouts of fuzzy head from pain meds, I
have started a warm wishes quilt for one Grandboy and finalized my
setting plan for the RCTQ BOM quilt, bought setting fabrics and started
the cutting. :-)

Have *not* made a dent in the junk pile in sewing room that I now have
to step over or around just to get to the sewing machine. :-|

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

Old January 26th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm working on a Froggie wuh for one of our Project Linus volunteers who is
moving away from Idaho. She loves frogs, so we decided to have a 'froggy
shower' for her at our next Blanket Day (which will be the last one she will
attend here). It's pretty cute - the frog is 3D. My chapter assistant is
going to machine embroider dragonflies and butterflies - you gotta have
those in the swamp with the frog!

Besides the Froggie, I'm making golf tee pin cushions that are stuck in a
spool - these will be in the goodie bags for our volunteers at our Blanket
Day next month.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Old January 26th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

frood wrote:

So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

Well, having caught up some clothing UFO's, and finished the tax form
and taken it in (they don't like you to get in to the tax office here!
It's hard to find!), I'm aiming to do something quilty tomorrow...
Not sure what yet...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 26th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have to admire anyone who attempts a Dear Jane.

I am finishing up a Cat and Dog quilt to be raffled by the Buddy Pet
Adoption project.

I'm working on several baby quilts for colleagues who are expecting -
we have a very fertile staff and some are having multiples. I've
kinda gotten into the 30s repros for these as they seem fitting for
boys or girls.

Then for myself (for once), in the planning stages is a bookshelf
quilt. I've been wanting to do one for a long time and I've been
scanning and fixing up some vintage family photos to use in it. In
fact, I'll need to order some woodgrain fabric this week. The Virginia
Quilter is the only place I can find it. It's a bit expensive, but
free shipping this month.

Oh, and I've got jury duty next week! Too bad I can't bring any
handwork with me - no needles. I'll have to find a good book to bring.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:46:42 GMT, "Betty in Wi"
wrote:

Well, I started the week by attending my Dear Jane group for two hours on
Saturday morning. Yesterday, I finished making the School Bags for church
(school supplies are put in them and sent somewhere....). And so far today,
I have finished quilting a kids comfort quilt for our guild. Just have
binding left.

Old January 26th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

finally finishing one of the first quilts i ever started. the one for my
DS that i hand pieced 7 yrs ago.... stitching the binding to the back
starting tonight.

--
-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com

"Toni Schneidt" wrote in message
I just finished camo curtains for my friend. Yes, nzlstar, I ended up using
the knit and terry for them. It was a HUGE pain, not to mention mess! I am
planning a butterfly quilt for my neighbor's mom. Oh, and need to
deperately redo stash!!
Toni

RCTQ Quilting Week is coming! frood Quilting 24 January 8th 06 06:38 PM
rctq protocol question re Quilting Software Cheryl Quilting 3 August 29th 05 11:10 PM
Week end quilting maryd Quilting 4 February 21st 05 09:42 PM
Hi rctq, I'm desperate for help in salvaging this quilt (really, really long) Meghan Quilting 34 November 22nd 04 06:23 PM
RCTQ in the news! Nbhilyard Quilting 14 November 28th 03 03:16 AM