DECEMBER'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM)

Old December 10th 05, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default DECEMBER'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM)

wooooooohoooooooooo!!!
clever Anne.
thanks so much.
cheers,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Anne in CA" wrote...
Jeanne,

http://annerudolph.home.comcast.net/rctqbomdec.pdf

I drafted it in EQ5 and printed the rotary directions to a .pdf file.

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

Old December 10th 05, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Isn't that cheating on the challenge of the 'harder' blocks and not
doing the 'Y' seams ???

Dee in Oz
( yes I did save it thanks Anne as it may just come in handy after I
get Novembers done !! LOL )

Old December 10th 05, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Clever EQ5 you mean :-)

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

nzlstar* wrote:
wooooooohoooooooooo!!!
clever Anne.
thanks so much.
cheers,
jeanne

Old December 10th 05, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I quilt for by own satisfaction so it's just as well there are no quilt
police.

I am well aware of any mistakes I make but use them as a learning
curve, hence keeping the first wallhanging I did a binding on clearly
visible in my sewing room. The rounded corners are a reminder of how
not to do mitred corners.

After some of the photos I have seen in magazines and the bad
workmanship I am not so critical of my own work now.

Dee in Oz

Old December 10th 05, 08:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

For anyone who is thinking that a 'Y' seam is difficult - it really
isn't.
If you try going from one end, into the centre, pivot, and then out the
other side, yes perhaps it might not give a satisfactory result, and so
it is seen as: 'difficult'
BUT, if you make a habit of seeing the seam as *two* seams: sew the
first - and I would suggest going from the centre to the outside; then
take the piece out of the machine and re-fold so that the second seam is
convenient for sewing, again sew from the centre to the outside, and
*always* sew only to within a quarter of an inch of the centre end of
both seams (another reason why it is a good idea to start from the
centre!), then these seams are absolutely no more difficult that any
other kind of seam. Truly.

(I'm not in any way criticising anyone who has found a way to avoid
them, if that is what they want to do, just thought it might be timely
to suggest an easy method - since we haven't had 'Y' seams crop up for a
while)
..
In message . com, Dee
in Oz writes
Isn't that cheating on the challenge of the 'harder' blocks and not
doing the 'Y' seams ???

Dee in Oz
( yes I did save it thanks Anne as it may just come in handy after I
get Novembers done !! LOL )

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 10th 05, 11:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hang in there - it's hard but they say the Creator never gives us more than
we can handle. Sometimes I wonder tho.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Melissa in NJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you SNIGS for asking!!!!

I am doing well. The viewing and funeral were so nice. So many friends
and family for this dear lady. Tears and laughs. It was very touching.

Melissa in NJ

Old December 10th 05, 11:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ditto for me Nann. I took one look and said "Naw - I ain't doin' it that
way - uh-uh." I immediately saw the square in the square pop out.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Nann Hilyard" wrote in message
Linda, do you mean the "Oh, Susannah" pieced block? I took one look at
that
set-in seam and immediately figured out how to do it otherwise!
[3-1/2" squares surrounding a square-in-square.]

Nann
block done, photo sent to Teri

"nana2b" wrote in message
A most challenging block for me. It is a wonderful choice. Thanks,

Linda
in Tx

Old December 10th 05, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

how come some people kill themselves though?

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

Hang in there - it's hard but they say the Creator never gives us more than
we can handle. Sometimes I wonder tho.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

EQ5 Users Debbi Quilting 5 October 5th 05 04:46 AM
JULY's BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 26 June 28th 05 07:09 PM
Repost - Taking signups for the 3rd round of the Harry Potter block swap! Johanna Gibson Quilting 0 June 14th 05 12:34 AM
Now taking sign-ups for the third Harry Potter block swap ! Johanna Gibson Quilting 0 June 8th 05 05:46 PM
DIY RCTQ Block of the Month Club M. Wetmore Quilting 25 January 6th 04 01:28 AM