Warp Drive Chocolate Pie

Old December 2nd 05, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Warp Drive Chocolate Pie

Warp Drive Chocolate Pie

12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
5 egg yolks (no whites)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons brandy or other liquor (try Gran Marnier)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 Graham cracker or Oreo Cookie pie crust - 8"

Put first 4 ingredients in a blender. Blend on low 1 minute. Heat the 1
1/2 cups heavy cream just to boiling. Pour into blender. Blend on high for
1 minute. Pour into crust. Chill for at least 3 hours uncovered in the
refrigerator.
The hot cream melts the chocolate and cooks the eggs. This recipe is VERY
rich. The slices should be about 1" wide. Can't eat much more than that.
Try drizzling with a raspberry sauce right before serving. I gave this
recipe to a friend of mine in the UK. He served it to several members of
the House of Lords. He said it was the first time any of them commented on
anything he'd ever served them.

Merry Xmas to all.
Frank Reid

Old December 2nd 05, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

OMG! That sound utterly delicious. That is the kind of dessert I make,
take to the party and leave it there. Just too much temptation to have at
home. Thanks for the recipe.

Linda in Tx

Old December 2nd 05, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

[...]

I'm swooning at the mere thought of this one....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old December 2nd 05, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I will make this recipe, but I will put it in a real pie crust. A filling
this good deserves my best crust.

Try it in the graham cracker crust (home made of course). It definately
adds to the flavor.
By the way, this recipe takes 5 minutes to make. I heat the cream in the
microwave.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old December 2nd 05, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you, Frank, it sounds like a quilter's dream come true.....heaven
on a plate. Nancycog in MD

Old December 2nd 05, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

OMG.

Your wife is a very lucky woman.

Frank Reid wrote:

[...]

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human
Relations
2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old December 2nd 05, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Do you think you should be discussing your thighs with a married man?

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old December 2nd 05, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Frank Reid" ten.tsacmoc@diersicnarf wrote in message
news

I will make this recipe, but I will put it in a real pie crust. A filling
this good deserves my best crust.

Try it in the graham cracker crust (home made of course). It definately
adds to the flavor.
By the way, this recipe takes 5 minutes to make. I heat the cream in the
microwave.

I don't know, Frank, I really don't like graham cracker crust. And I really
love a good chocolate pie. And this looks like a keeper. I'll try it this
weekend. With the graham cracker crust.
Thanks,
Cindy