Pre-washed squishies/hug blocks

Old November 25th 05, 07:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Pre-washed squishies/hug blocks

But, Roberta, I don't have your mailing address!

Leslie (wondering what you like???) & The Furbabies in MO.

Old November 25th 05, 09:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I typically don't send washed squishies (although I have some "spare"
fabric I'm considering squishing -- sorry ladies, already have a
specific person in mind -- that has been washed) -- However, that's
because I know if I wash it, it will wind up my stash (or hubby's if
I'm not quick enough to get it away from him) and not the intended
recipient's.

I would accept washed or unwashed -- either way, it will land in the
wash at some point at my place since many of you wonderful folks have
furry and or feathery QIs (allergies).

Tricia

Old November 25th 05, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

No worries: Febreeze
Roberta in D

"Dixie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Leslie, I'm a non smoker, I was in a swap that got me 25 quilt blocks
from a smoker, beautiful blocks. I could smell cigarette smoke all over
the house. But being positive I told myself to find a way to get rid of
the smell, so I just put the blocks one by one on a table for a few days
and no more smell.
Can you imagine if I had said to myself " I hate the smell" and not
being able to enjoy such kindness. Don't worry about the smell, I've
seen a lot worst. If someone don't appreciate your kindness, well it's
their problem not yours.
Dixie.

When I give to you something I made with my hands I share my heart.

Old November 25th 05, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Roberta Zollner wrote:
No worries: Febreeze
Roberta in D

ACK! POISON!!! A Febreeze-treated squishie would give me an instant
migraine.

Make sure you enclose such a squishie in a sealed baggie with a clear
warning label, so if the person is sensitive they can have a
non-sensitive person open it somewhere else and wash/air it out.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old November 25th 05, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hubby's stash???? Is he a quilter???

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

--

ups.com...

Old November 25th 05, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I was thinking the same thing. I do NOT want another shot in the back of my
head to STOP the migraine chain that I just went thru. The shots STOPPED
them in their tracks. I was lucky this go round as after a week of them the
Dr said ENUF. The med kept them under control but didn't stop them. We
haven't figured out what caused them this go round : (
Squishies are opened by the sink and go right into a warm bath..rinsed and
dried , put by the compie until the TY has been sent, and then they join the
rest of my fabric : ) Chocolate goes to my guys and the
licorice------wellllllll, maybe just maybe, I might share : )

Butterfly

Old November 25th 05, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I love squishies regardless of what condition them come in.........

Patti in Seattle

"forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it"
**mark twain**

Old November 25th 05, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Pre-washed squishies/hug blocks correction

Horrors - just saw my post. I love squishies regardless of what
condition THEY arrive in :-) (blast these cold hands!)

Old November 25th 05, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I just thought you were trying to talk like Spike!

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old November 26th 05, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I would never spray anything on outgoing fabric -only incoming! However,
there's bound to be somebody out there who's sensitive to my detergent, so
there's just no perfect squishy method.
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap, all fabrics guaranteed a good home