Simple Pleasures

Old November 15th 05, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Simple Pleasures

Ok Pat - I'm stealing your material here. I really needed this the
last couple of days, so I went back to my "Simple Pleasures" file and
reread all the ones from before. They sure do help a lot Pat and I
can't tell you how grateful I was for that thread!

So how bout it anyone? Got any new Simple Pleasures to share?
Holidays are coming, people get busy, lose focus..... time to remember
the really important things in life!

Time for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you happy this week?
(If nothing has, no need to report ... just read a few notes and you
too might realize you do have some little pleasures in your life too!!)
"copyright credit - Pat in Virginia"

Hugs and TIA,
Tina

Old November 16th 05, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The other day I was at the desert house and discovered that the
weather has a lilac bush confused and it had tiny blooms on it!
Small and nothing like a full blown lilac, but neat to see in
Nov. and smells like heaven.

Dh didn't have a great week last week but is feeling and looking
better this week. That is really a pleasure.

A note in my mailbox from Jan that made me laugh.

The dog class teacher reminding us we are an 'advanced' class
as she turns her back to giggle at silly Georgia.

It has been a good few days. Thanks for reminding me to
stop and remember that Tina.
TAria

Old November 16th 05, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

DH and I went to a local lake and walked around looking at the beautiful
scenery - we even stopped to gather some huge pinecones for a friend. Not
the typical weather November here in NJ.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old November 16th 05, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

A backyard full of colorful wet leaves and more falling by the hour. I love
watching them fall. And rain fall, and snow fall, and rivers flow by, and
lake currents, and ocean waves. I love it.

Gazing out the window at clouds flowing by makes me happy too. And watching
the squirrel check all over the yard for his winter supply, making sure all
is ready.

Those are the things that made me happy this week.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old November 16th 05, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nearly 5 yr old gs ...after washing his hands reported to me that he was
also
going to wash the sink.
I had new clear red magnetic clips bought expressly for gks hanging their
watercolors
on my fridge....and same gs saying..I love those clips...( so do I ).

He also told me when discussing something his mom does..."I told Mom she was
the best mom".

His twin sister showing me "one more time" that she can twirl about and it
makes
her dress's skirt fill up with air !....

The front of my fridge filled with 4 gks artwork.
Mary

Old November 16th 05, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The simple pleasure I am dwelling on is having my family together for
Thanksgiving and for Christmas, sharing memories and good food, and a
warm hug or three or five.
Di

Old November 16th 05, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My DDH is retired Air Force and loves working with children, so he does
some substitute teaching at the public schools. He has a full-time
assignment for November working as an aid one-on-one with a
developmentally disabled 14 y.o. boy who has been abused and bounced
around foster homes and schools for the past few years. I go eat lunch
with DDH in my truck in the school parking lot every day- and get some
smooches in spite of the children teasing him unmercifully about it. I
like that... the smooches *and* that he takes the teasing and keeps on
smooching! ;-)))

Today his special student said, in front of the entire Special Ed
class, "I love you, Mr. Collins". My Hunky Mr. Collins was smiling
from ear to ear and a bit choked up as he told me about it. (And this
was shortly after DDH had to take the student to the office for 3 swats
on the butt for repeated discipline problems. I think there is a great
deal of respect as well as affection there.)

Yesterday, Daisy was licking (cleaning) out Missy's ear and Simon laid
his head on top of Daisy's head. They looked so sweet with their three
heads all stacked like that- then they took off barking, fighting,
growling and running around the house creating their usual havoc-- and
making me giggle.

Grateful for what I have,

Leslie & The Beloved Furbabies in MO.

Old November 16th 05, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well Tina my Dear, I don't know if these qualify, but I made a list, once
upon a time, of favorite sounds and saved it for some reason. Here it is,
and maybe you'll identify with something or it will bring some of your own
favorites to mind. As for a simple pleasure, I think that seeing the full
moon rise over the colorful trees on this warm late autumn evening when
leaving the mall with DD would qualify.

Also, some sweet person (ahem), sent some lovely pics and thoughts to my
email box. I was tired and my back hurt, but they were a pleasure to sit
down to...Thank YOU!

Some of my Favorite sounds.

The song of the first birds awakening the morning. .. the sound of the wind
in the trees and the swish and rustle of autumn leaves.Water flowing over
rocks.The ocean at night.Geese calling overhead.my children laughing. My
husband playing with my daughter. cheeky wrens scolding the cats... doves
answering their mates. A choir singing praises at Christmas and Easter. A
cat purring.heavy, wet snow falling.Water boiling in my aunt's glass coffee
pot. The snap of a mason jar sealing.. People at church turning the pages of
their Bibles together. My mother's greeting when I arrive for a visit.A
rainstorm.the slow creak of a porch swing at twilight. Crunching of car
pulling into a gravel driveway-it means friends coming.My son saying "Hey
mom!".the sound of my Uncle 's chuckle with my ear on his chest..husband and
son discussing 'guy things' over coffee...

chipper

ups.com...

Old November 16th 05, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My 21 month old nephew carries on conversations with Ewoks from the Star
Wars movies. We swear that we've discovered the true language of babies!

Anastasia