off topic----Outlook Express help needed

Old October 28th 05, 06:09 AM
nzlstar*

Default off topic----Outlook Express help needed

i tried a test to myself with no text(even took out the siggy).
attachmented one file. the same file each time.
its a jpg file, text with some official seals.
file is 867kb, with no file in email its 890, with file attached and showing
at the bottom the email is 1189 kb.

so far have tried all variations as suggested here and its still showing in
body of msg.
beats hell outta me whats going on here. OE version 6 fwiw.
hmmmmmm, still thunking on this one.
i will solve the dilemma.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Cappy" wrote...
How big is the email without the attachment? Start the email and instead
of
sending it click on file/save. This puts the email in your drafts folder.
You
can then go to that folder, right click on the mail and see how big it is
before
you add the jpg.

If you've written a long letter, and are sending it to a number of people
at one
time (this increases the size of the header), then the numbers could be
right...

Cappy
Edgewater, MD

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
jpg i am using to test diff things here is 890kb. when i do any of the
suggestions so far, the email ends up as1189kb and always shows in the
body
of msg. i thot i tried everything. waaaaaaaa.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"maryd" wrote...
Insert pic is putting the jpg in the body of the email. Insert file
attachment attaches the jpg to the email. What's the size of the jpg?

--
Mary

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
: tried insert/pix but it still shows in the body of msg.
: making the email huge.
: waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, has to be a way to do this.
: jeanne
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
:
: "nzlstar*" wrote...
: thanks anne, checking all that now.
: these are legal documents, i dont want them to go online anywhere.
: i got too many to send each one separately and to both nieces.
eeeeeeeeek.
: hugz,
: jeannne
:
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
: "Anne in CA" wrote in message
: ...
: method 1 -- send each jpg in a separate email?
: method 2 -- post the jpgs online somewhere and direct recipient to
the
: url
: to download?
:
: Is it actually attaching twice? I think showing at the bottom of
the
: message ("view attachments in line") is just a different view.
Check
your
: *help* files for attachments or attachments in line. If I come up
with
: any
: other thoughts I'll holler.
:
: Anne in CA
: annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
: "It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." --
Sheryl
: Crow
: http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
:
:
:
: nzlstar* wrote:
: i need to send a bunch of jpg files in email with Outlook
Express.
: every time i attach with paperclip icon, the pix shows at bottom
of
msg
: body, not just an attached file.
: this is making the email huuuuuuuge.
: i got a lot of files to send today and need to know how to do it
so
they
: are just a file attached so they click to open.
: hope thats clear, all ideas/help welcome.
: hugz,
: jeanne
:
:
:
:
:

Old October 28th 05, 09:22 AM
Cappy

Under Tools/Options/Send, are you using plain text or HTML to send?

When you say that it shows up "in" the email, is just the icon showing in the
body of the email or is the jpg opened up in the email and you can see the
picture of the document?

I'm an email administrator and I send emails all the time where the icon for the
document is in the body of the email, not on a separte line in the top of the
compose window... But we're using Outlook and not Outlook Express. And I can't
get this version, 6 (build 6.00.28), to put the icon in the document. ?????

Try sending it to one person that is going to get it anyway, and see what
happens.

Good luck. I've been at work now for 20 hours. I'm going to go home and
examine the insides of my eyelids for a while...

Hugs,
Cappy

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
: tried insert/pix but it still shows in the body of msg.
: making the email huge.
: waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, has to be a way to do this.
: jeanne
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
:
: "nzlstar*" wrote...
: thanks anne, checking all that now.
: these are legal documents, i dont want them to go online anywhere.
: i got too many to send each one separately and to both nieces.
eeeeeeeeek.
: hugz,
: jeannne
:
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
: ...

Old October 28th 05, 02:54 PM
Anne in CA

Jeanne, there are ways to do stuff online that is still private but I
understand how you'd want to be careful about legal docs. Instead of
doing them as jpg files though, how about pdf? There are several free or
inexpensive PDF writer progs that will translate a DOC to PDF. Then it
is in a fixed form, not able to be changed by the recipient, but smaller
than a jpg. Just a thought.

Old October 28th 05, 05:10 PM
quilter

That's what I keep telling her to try - printing to file and sending
the pdf. But, she won't listen to me.
*duck*

Lynn

Old October 29th 05, 02:54 AM
Bookbug

I've had the same experience--somehow saving a picture as an MS Word
text makes the file huge, unlike a regular jpeg. Can you scan the
documents as a regular jpeg instead of putting it into an MS Word text?

Michelle

Old October 29th 05, 08:40 PM
nzlstar*

now listen up toots!
i did too listen but it just seemed too difficult at the time.
i've since tried downloading that free cutepdf program but that wont work
either.
so i'm logging into msg'r now and picking your smarty pants brain.
geez, the things i gotta do.
grovel grovel
jeanne
: / snorfling quack quack
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"quilter" wrote...

Old October 29th 05, 08:40 PM
nzlstar*

thanks Anne,
thats my next direction of attack.
hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Anne in CA" wrote...

Old October 29th 05, 08:49 PM
nzlstar*

morning Cappy,
checked and it was HTML, i've tried that one and just now trying plain to
see what happens, appears the same as before.
the entire document shows below any writing i put.
i really need to just reduce size of documents but so they're still legible.
each page is 800-900K, add to that when it shows below the writing making it
over 1mb, just way too big when i gotta send about 20+pages to two different
addys.
and i'm on dialup so it takes fooooorrrrrrrever to send all these.
each one scanning for virus first, arghhhhh.
still working on this. i will conquer this dilemma, one way or t'other by
golly gosh.
thanks for all the ideas tho, keep'em coming (just in case).
hugz,
jeanne
--
"Cappy" cappy_p @ juno.com wrote in message
Under Tools/Options/Send, are you using plain text or HTML to send?

When you say that it shows up "in" the email, is just the icon showing in
the
body of the email or is the jpg opened up in the email and you can see the
picture of the document?

I'm an email administrator and I send emails all the time where the icon
for the
document is in the body of the email, not on a separte line in the top of
the
compose window... But we're using Outlook and not Outlook Express. And I
can't
get this version, 6 (build 6.00.28), to put the icon in the document.
?????

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
[...]
: ...

Old October 29th 05, 08:50 PM
nzlstar*

they all are only simple jpg files.
waaaaaaaaa,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Bookbug" wrote...
I've had the same experience--somehow saving a picture as an MS Word
text makes the file huge, unlike a regular jpeg. Can you scan the
documents as a regular jpeg instead of putting it into an MS Word text?

Michelle

OT outlook help needed Karlee in Kansas Quilting 6 April 1st 04 04:47 AM
using Outlook Express to read group KJ Quilting 6 February 1st 04 06:34 PM
Outlook Express help KJ Quilting 11 December 19th 03 03:08 AM
Outlook Express question Queen of Squishies Quilting 2 August 5th 03 06:55 PM