OT for Lia and other spellers

Old October 15th 05, 02:36 AM
nzlstar*

my pet peeves a
separate vs seperate...... eeeeeeek.
oh and to hear folks say ec cetera, not et cetera.
what do they think the etc means. : /
oh, oh and pacific for specific. omg.
bought for brought.
ok, i do write online 'tho' for though.
i'm just a bit lazy about that one.
i figure that one is an obvious abbreviation tho and really ought to be
correct.
dem for them is really irritating too or free for three.
maybe some of those are dialectic but boy they sure can be irritating.
not that i'm poifect, eh. )
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Mika" wrote...
snipped
One of my pet peeves though is when people misuse Then and Than. grrrrr. Ok
off my soap box. lol.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

Old October 15th 05, 02:44 AM
AliceW

My favorite is expresso

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
: my pet peeves a
: separate vs seperate...... eeeeeeek.
: oh and to hear folks say ec cetera, not et cetera.
: what do they think the etc means. : /
: oh, oh and pacific for specific. omg.
: bought for brought.
: ok, i do write online 'tho' for though.
: i'm just a bit lazy about that one.
: i figure that one is an obvious abbreviation tho and really ought to be
: correct.
: dem for them is really irritating too or free for three.
: maybe some of those are dialectic but boy they sure can be irritating.
: not that i'm poifect, eh. )
: jeanne
: --
:

Old October 15th 05, 03:04 AM
Polly Esther

Jeanne asked did you call and tell them?
No, Jeanne, I didn't. Nobody is functioning at normal speed - whatever
that was. I saw some *manger's* specials at the grocery today. We'll get
better, it will just take a while. Meanwhile, we just laugh and cry and
keep scooping up mud. Polly

Old October 15th 05, 03:07 AM
nzlstar*

oh great, now we cant expresso our opiniono?
well i never!!
someone pass me a hot laté (sic).
snorfle,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"AliceW" wrote...
My favorite is expresso

Old October 15th 05, 03:11 AM
nzlstar*

wow specials in the manger, eh, long as theres no mange (sp?), lol.
what do you do with the mud? i live in wet but not much mud here. stuff
grows too fast for mud to show up....so far...fingers crossed.
jeanne
wondering when my normal speed will return, if ever
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Polly Esther" wrote...

Old October 15th 05, 03:42 AM
Kate G.

or... "and then THERE was the..."

LOL

Kate in MI

"WitchyStitcher" wrote in message
And then their was the Pizza Place across from the High School I
worked in for a while.

They had a huge sign that said "DINNING ROOM"

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:10:36 GMT, "Carey N."
wrote:

Perhaps they moved to a farm and everything was in the tack room? ;-))

Old October 15th 05, 03:48 AM
Kellie J. Berger

and the Arby's or somesuch back in SC that had some special "dinner" coming
back. the sign said "THERE HERE"

and the "new and used antiques" store that was in N.Chas for a while.

--
-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com

Old October 15th 05, 03:53 AM
Carey N.

And how about axed for asked?

Tonight on Jeopardy, one young contestant lost in the final round, for
misspelling Bejamin Franklin, because "the spelling affects the how it is
pronouced" per Alex Trebek. Too bad it cost her $10,000 to learn that
spelling counts!
--
Carey in MA

Old October 15th 05, 04:00 AM
Nann Hilyard

At a recent Rotary committee meeting I met the district governor-elect. He
pronounces it "districk." Aaaugghhh!

Nann

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
news
This morning's paper has an ad from a law office. "New location, all

files
intack". Polly