Feed your stash

Old September 12th 05, 02:24 PM
Roberta

ok Polly you twisted my arm - I quit smoking about a month ago. My
husband convinced me to open a bank account and put the money saved in
there....I will go and take my "save my life" checkbook and buy some
fabric in your honor

Roberta (in VA)
Old September 12th 05, 02:38 PM
Taria

There is a railroad PO in the rr museum in Sacramento. I was lucky
enough to have the whole thing described by a docent that had worked on
it. The whole thing was pretty amazing. They sorted as they moved.
They did it all really fast. MAybe it is time to pull that train out
of the museum and put her to work? Those old guys didn't need any
stinking hi tech equipment.
Will try to find a FQ that needs a new home today.
Hugs, Taria

Polly Esther wrote:
A new reason to buy fabric (as if we ever needed a reason) - but now and
then some one asks "Why did you buy that?" I don't think I've mentioned to
you that every bit of my stash is fine, just fine. It looks like, though,
that it will be a while before I can shop. This is just so unbelievable.
The post office website says that mail service to south Mississippi will be
restored.
Great.
As compared to what?
"The mail service will be abandoned"?
If I had wanted to be shipwrecked on a desert island, I would have moved
to one. Can you imagine that the postal service is shut down because they
can't sort and deliver mail without their high-tech equipment? My goodness.
Can't they get some employees that can read?
Just for Polly, buy a FQ of something today. Not because you need it.
Not because I need it . I really and truly can not outlive my stash. What I
need is a little S.E.X. If someone dares ask "What did you buy that?", tell
them, "I did it for Polly". Please let me know what you bought, it will
make me feel so much better. Polly

Old September 12th 05, 03:02 PM
Mary in Rock Island IL

Way ahead of you Polly! My order of FQ bundles (10 for $10) came in
the mail Saturday. Most of them look as though they will play nicely
with my stash.
Sally Schneider recently visited my guild and I'm now looking to use
her FQ scrappy strategy.

Mary
Old September 12th 05, 03:12 PM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

[...]

My sisters, our mom and I are doing a shop hop on Friday and Saturday.
I'll think of you as I shop.

marcella
Old September 12th 05, 03:19 PM
Kathy Applebaum

I had already planned some S.E.X. for later in the week, but now I will
dedicate my shopping to you.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

.net...

Old September 12th 05, 03:26 PM
Heidi from Germany

me too, I'll make a sacrifice just for you g
Hope to get to a Quilt-Show this week and will buy some extra FQ's
just for you...
Heidi from Germany
P.S. Link to show
http://www.patchwork-europe.com/

"Polly Esther" schrieb:

[...]

http://home.vrweb.de/~hbquilts/
mail: please remove quilt from address
Old September 12th 05, 04:41 PM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I was wondering why I had the urge to splurge at Joann's last week...
spent $295 and some change for 20 spools of thread and a bolt (40 YARDS
X 90 in.) of Warm & Natural.

Leslie (dreading the credit card bill from that trip to Springfield) &
The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 12th 05, 04:47 PM
Kate Dicey

Roberta wrote:

ok Polly you twisted my arm - I quit smoking about a month ago. My
husband convinced me to open a bank account and put the money saved in
there....I will go and take my "save my life" checkbook and buy some
fabric in your honor

Roberta (in VA)

Good for you! And what an excellent way to spend the cash!

I shall have to go 'shopping' in the stash in the loft... I think
there's 3m of fabric with apples or plums on it that I was going to make
a shirt out of, but it will now be quilty fabric (as I did buy it in a
quilt shop!). This is an interim measure until I can do a proper S.E.X.
trip after the bridesmaids are out the door (tomorrow morning! YAY!)

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 12th 05, 04:54 PM
Bonnie NJ

I'll buy "Something for Polly" on Wednesday. My LQS is having a "sew in"
making quilts for Katrina victims and I'll buy something special on that
day, okay?

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old September 12th 05, 04:57 PM
maryd

My LQS is now closer to me after a move so I can get there more often. They
are having a sew-in tomorrow. I think I will sew at home tho and take the
finished quilts to them. I don't have my travel tote assembled yet.

--
Mary

"Bonnie NJ" wrote in message
link.net...
: I'll buy "Something for Polly" on Wednesday. My LQS is having a "sew in"
: making quilts for Katrina victims and I'll buy something special on that
: day, okay?
:
: --
: Bonnie