OT warning, bee in my bonnet

Old July 22nd 05, 03:51 AM
Polly Esther

Default OT warning, bee in my bonnet

I am about to show you my worst side. Maybe not. Please just let me ask for
your feelings on a situation. You are in a doctor's office. You wait two
hours. You fill out a mountain of papers for information that could easily
have been obtained from the documents already on file. You are not feeling
very well.
Then this cutsey-poo person pops her head from the doorway where
patients who haven't managed to die of old age or aggravation in the waiting
room finally get to go sit in yet another room for an hour. The ultimate
insult: She yells, " Polly!"
If it's not a terrible burden, I like to be called Mrs. Esther by total
strangers. I am also okay with being addressed as Her Highness, Miss
America, 1917 and "Honey, where did you put the . . . ?"
Does this lazy familiarity gall anyone else with its rudeness? just
wondering. Polly

Old July 22nd 05, 03:58 AM
maryd

number one: I wouldn't have waited 2 hours. number two: I would have
answered in just a loud voice, I'm Mrs. D. and prefer you call me that,
honey. g

--
Mary

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]
:
:
:

Old July 22nd 05, 04:03 AM
Roberta

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 02:51:33 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

[...]

I think it would bother me as well :/

and with a name like Polly, there could well have been 10 of you in a
crowded waiting room. Maybe she was having a hard time with the
pronunciation of Esther (normally I have heard first and last names
used...incase there are 2 Ms. Esthers' of course) or perhaps she was
a bit tired, your name was written on the paper as esther, polly and
she is in the habit of calling out a last name with no title? just
trying to come up with some reason that someone would be so rude and
unprofessional - I mean really - it could cause problems if ya have a
bunch of people with the same name....

Roberta (in VA)

Old July 22nd 05, 04:11 AM
Polly Esther

Thank you, Mary. We had waited 5 weeks for the appointment and had driven
over 100 miles. We would have left much sooner if it had been different.
But we won't be going back there and I was just wondering what you would
have done. Your "honey" just wipes me out. Wish I'd thought of that.
Polly

Old July 22nd 05, 04:12 AM
pewter

I'm new to this group, but I have to say that I noticed that the last time I
was at the clinic, they don't use last names to call the patients...because
of the "privacy act". So, since my name is fairly common, Pat, isn't it
possible that there might be three or four with the same name jump up and
charge towards the nurse? Some things are just plain silly.

Old July 22nd 05, 04:16 AM
maryd

Waits like that are unacceptable especially when you drive so far and wait
so long to get there. Glad I could give you a reason to giggle.

--
Mary

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
: Thank you, Mary. We had waited 5 weeks for the appointment and had driven
: over 100 miles. We would have left much sooner if it had been different.
: But we won't be going back there and I was just wondering what you would
: have done. Your "honey" just wipes me out. Wish I'd thought of that.
: Polly
:
: ...

Old July 22nd 05, 04:20 AM
maryd

Mary is far from uncommon. I recently had an appt with a new dr in a major
medical center and they called for Ms Mary D****

--
Mary

"pewter" wrote in message
m...
: I'm new to this group, but I have to say that I noticed that the last time
: was at the clinic, they don't use last names to call the
patients...because
: of the "privacy act". So, since my name is fairly common, Pat, isn't it
: possible that there might be three or four with the same name jump up and
: charge towards the nurse? Some things are just plain silly.
:
: "maryd" wrote in message
: ...
: number one: I wouldn't have waited 2 hours. number two: I would have
: answered in just a loud voice, I'm Mrs. D. and prefer you call me that,
: honey. g
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
:
[...]
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Old July 22nd 05, 04:22 AM
Polly Esther

I dearly love the notion of 3 or 4 persons jumping up and charging the
nurse. That would have warmed my heart. I was the only person in the
waiting room who was still alive and conscious. Polly

"pewter" wrote ( in part) So, since my name is fairly common, Pat, isn't it

Old July 22nd 05, 06:47 AM
DrQuilter

Yeah, I don't like it either. Like when the doctor tells me "Hi Marissa,
I am Dr. X" I feel like saying "To you, I am Dr. Vignali, OK?". Even if
they are 'using' their profession in those circumstances, I don't want
to be talked down to...

Polly Esther wrote:

[...]

(take the dog out for a walk)
Old July 22nd 05, 08:03 AM
Sharon Harper

Yes! While my response to anyone who addresses me as Mrs Queen of Down
Under would be "Just call me Sharon" I prefer to be given the choice. And
we have a little munchkin at work-school who has taken to calling me
"office". We'll be nipping that in the bud on Monday I thinks. Meantimes
tell this little whippersnapper what's what Polly, I mean Mrs Esther

quicker)