Roll Call!

Old January 6th 05, 02:57 PM
Lee Kerrighan

Since Polly asked so nicely:

I'm Lee, in Medicine Hat, AB - the sunny south, where it's only -13
Celsius this morning (yesterday it was -31). Married 35 years, no
children or animals. I've been sewing garments since I was about 12,
quilts (mainly tops that are too small to use, so then I don't finish
them) for a few years. I don't have a 'real' job, but as a volunteer I
manage a second-hand bookstore, which is a sheltered workplace for
people with mental illness.

This group is part of my sewing circle; hardly anyone I know sews at
all, so the Internet is my source for fibre talk.

Lee
Old January 6th 05, 03:36 PM
sdgodfrey

I'm Sherri G, I live in beautiful Kentucky, USA. Married to a wonderful
DH (14 years), have 2 feline children, and retired from computer
programming 1 and a 1/2 years ago at the young age of 43. I think I'm
the luckiest person in the world. I started quilting when I retired and
love it. I'm a long-time cross stitcher and I love to read mysteries
and lounge on the internet.

I love piecing, and am getting better at free-motion machine quilting.
I'm currently working on a Stack N Whack quilt. I think I have about 4
blocks to go before I start putting it all together. I have pictures in
my webshots pages if anyone is interested. I love to collect fabric and
I love chocolate!

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

Old January 6th 05, 03:45 PM

When I first helped in the reading program I had 3 sixth grade boys
which I enjoyed tho there were some of the other volunteers who
expressed sympathy. They were pretty rambunctious but no problem, then I
was assigned to just one who simply could not read at all. How does a
kid get to that grade without being able to read? Something wrong with
this picture! His 1st words to me were "I hate reading and so does my
dad" h-m-m. I worked with him for 2years. We developed a great
relationship and he was making progress and enjoying it. I work much
better one on one in a consistant manner.
I am diappointed that I couldn't continue what had been built. He needed
that individual, day to day attention.
The program you describe sounds much like what they went to. I just
couldn't get into it. Elda in Ks

Old January 6th 05, 03:53 PM
Leigh Harris

"Cindy Schmidt" wrote
And it's mine on the 9th.

Happy birthday Cindy. You share it with my nephew, who'll be a mere 13.
--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

Old January 6th 05, 05:44 PM
nana2b

Hi Lee, Before I found this group I did not have any sewing buddies. I
have been lucky enough to meet some locals and even met some face to face
out of towners. Got to love the Internet! Linda in Tx

Old January 6th 05, 06:02 PM
nana2b

There is a guy on local radio whose name is Benjamin Dover. What were his
folks thinking? Linda

Old January 6th 05, 06:57 PM
A&T

I went to college with a set of twins named.....

Candy and Sugar Kane

I thought even then that their parents ought to be shot!!

Tricia

Old January 6th 05, 08:55 PM
Sandy Foster

In article et,
"A&T" wrote:

Well, I'm in Texas now, only 50 minutes south of Houston, so it isn't too
bad.

I guess I'll join in right here!!!!

I am Tricia. My posts show up as A&T.

And may I say that it was great to meet you at the show, Tricia?

snip

For the past 14 1/2 years, I have been married to the most wonderful,
gorgeous creature on earth, Anthony, who completely supports my fabric
habit. (just bought me $70 worth of fat quarters in Kansas and Colorado when
we visited my son for Christmas!) And bought me a Grace frame for Christmas
last year. He loves looking at all the gadgets made for quilters and reads
my guild newsletter before I do.

And where were you hiding this hunky dream of a DH in November, hmmm?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old January 6th 05, 09:00 PM
JS

I'm Jennifer, I post as JS, and sign my posts as Jennifer in Florida.

I live just north of Orlando with my DH and my two boys (7 & 2). I have
four QIs - two cats and two guinea pigs. The cats enjoy the quilting, the
pigs not so much. My kids love quilts, and are always dragging my finished
pieces around the house. Luckily I do mostly machine work, which is totally
washable and very durable.

I am 31, and I have been sewing since I was quite young. My grandmother had
me doing embroidery and knitting before I was 10. I did cross stitch as an
adult, and started quilting five years ago. I wanted to make my oldest son
a quilt to remember all of our tropical vacations, so I started collecting
batiks to make him a quilt. I discovered that I am a rabid fabriholic, and
I finished his quilt after several months of work. It was his prize
possession for about a year, until I made a homely ragtime quilt for the
cat. John took that, and he has slept with it every night since. The cat
is still holding a grudge.

Piecing is my first love, and finishing is a real challenge. I love to start
projects - my stash talks to me and eggs me on . Batiks are my favorite
fabric, and every time I vow to buy nothing but batiks, Valorie Wells
designs a new quilt, and I must have it. I have two of her kits sitting in
my closet waiting to move onto my bed.

Welcome to everyone. This is a fun and informative group - I have been
reading for five years, and I post occasionally.

Jennifer in Florida

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 02:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 05:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM