Whats Everyone Working On?

Old September 14th 04, 03:10 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)"
wrote:

A member of my 'little' quilt guild took the class 20 years ago at a LQS.
She started teaching it a few years ago. I'm not sure if the pattern was
ever published. If anyone really wants the pattern, I'll ask her if it's
ok. I've designed quite a few tote bag patterns for myself, but nothing
ever this big!

--
Donna in Idaho
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

I'd certainly be interested, if she's willing to share the pattern.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old September 14th 04, 03:11 AM
Polly Esther

I'll just squeeze in here because Rose will enjoy what I worked on today. DY
(Darling Yorkie) needed a way to cycle with DH. DH bought a bicycle basket
but of course it needed appropriate accoutrements for a special pup. I lined
the basket with a lovely fabric of peach and green dragonflies and seriously
padded the cushion for the royal hiney. There's a loop added to attach to
Yogi's harness in case he has to be restrained from launching into bungee
jumping. He loves it, he loves it! You just never saw such a happy cycler.
Of course there is no traffic on our road except for the mail carrier and we
know to stand down when she comes flying through. Something about the
gators, we think. Polly

Old September 14th 04, 03:13 AM
Polly Esther

So glad to see you here. Polly
"David & Barbara Schmidt" wrote Just this weekend I finished 4 I Spy quilt
tops. I have the backing,
just need to get some batting.

Old September 14th 04, 03:40 AM
Pauline O'Connell

I've been on a hunt for a large tote bag pattern too. That's the biggest
I've ever seen - it would be great if the pattern is available. Idaho is
too far from California to come for a class

Pauline

"Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)" wrote in
message ...
Pix - let's see if this works. I've never used webshots to upload pix
before - decided to try it

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...87365783MfPwbt

--
Donna in Idaho
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Remove "invalid" to reply

Old September 14th 04, 03:52 AM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

No promises - but I will ask her. Not tonight - she's one of those people
that goes to bed with the chickens & the chickens have already gone to bed
around here tonight!

Old September 14th 04, 03:54 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Nice, Donna! Wouldn't mind making one of those myself!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo
take out nospam to reply

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

wrote:

Pix - let's see if this works. I've never used webshots to upload pix
before - decided to try it

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...87365783MfPwbt

Ooooh! That's *pretty*!

Old September 14th 04, 04:03 AM
Teresa/LadyDoc

I'm totally "into" Hawaiian quilts at the moment. All little ones, of
course- I always start small. I've got one (22 x 22) that is part way
quilted; one (22 x 22) that is appliqued and marked and waiting to be
assembled for quilting, one (22 x 22) that is 3/4 finished being
appliqued and two (22 x 22 and 40 x 40) that are cut and basted but
haven't been started otherwise. I also have a 36 X 45 wall hanging for
Christmas that is about 1/3 quilted. And with school having started
last Tuesday, I have not touched a needle in a week! AACCKK!!

Teresa

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message ...
Well? ;-)
What sort of things does everyone have going at the moment in the quilt
family? Dragging out PIGS or finishing up UFOs and WIPS or have new quilts
started appearing?
I'm still working on the queen size LC borders, getting ready to MQ the
siggy quilt, plotting the next borders on DDs quilt, and playing with
layouts for Mike's 'Things go better with Coke" quilt. Sometime in the
middle of those I need to design and make two quilted Christmas stockings.
Lets hear your list!
Diana

Old September 14th 04, 04:14 AM
Pat in Virginia

Good explanation georg! I don't know why you don't like loop
starts though. I really prefer those for counted cross stitch.
Loop starts are terrific for sewing buttons and other
applications too. I use them in quilting when I hand sew labels
and bindings.
PAT in VA/USA

georg wrote:

Diana Curtis wrote:

What is a loop start?
Diana, striving to become always less ignorant

A loop start is when you take a long thread, double it, and thread the
ends on the needle for about an inch or two. This leaves a loop dangling
off the needle. Put needle through fabric and back without pulling
tight. Put needle through the loop, then pull tight. You have just
secured your thread without any knots. When you finish with the other
end, just back stitch one, then bury it between the layers. This is a
needlework trick to hide all knots.
-georg

Old September 14th 04, 04:18 AM

I usually work on just one thing at a time but do have 2 in the works
now. One is a sofa quilt I made in a class. Got it all basted and put
it in the hoop to quilt it and I couldn't believe what I saw! 3 patches
sewn in in the wrong order. I could'nt believe it. How could I have
overlooked it until now? Can't call it a "design decision" either. So
have to resew that part of it.
The other project is more interesting. DIL3 bought some embroidered
friendship blocks, circa 1920-30, at an auction. 15 blocks are from DH's
family, including his grandmother and most of the rest are people I knew
or knew of. So I am going to put them together and quilt them for DIL
for Christmas. Probably won't be
done by Christmas as I handquilt and am slow but she knows that. A fun
project Elda in Ks.