Whats Everyone Working On?

Old September 13th 04, 11:30 PM
nana2b

Put wheels on that puppy and you are good to go! Seriously it is
beautiful. Linda in Tx.

Old September 13th 04, 11:57 PM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

Hey, I never thought of wheels!!! Not quite sure how you sew wheels on a
tote bag, however! :-)

--
Donna in Idaho
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

Remove "invalid" to reply

Old September 13th 04, 11:58 PM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

I've had that background fabric in my stash for a long time. I had planned
to use the pocket fabric for the entire bag, but it's directional and it
wouldn't work, so I grabbed the first thing I could find in my stash that
would work & used the novelty fabric for the pockets.

--
Donna in Idaho
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Remove "invalid" to reply

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Oooh that's big (I like big!). And that background fabric is gorgeous (as
is the feature fabric but I'm a blue kinda gal!). Well done!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)" wrote in
message ...
Pix - let's see if this works. I've never used webshots to upload pix
before - decided to try it

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...87365783MfPwbt

Old September 14th 04, 12:01 AM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

A member of my 'little' quilt guild took the class 20 years ago at a LQS.
She started teaching it a few years ago. I'm not sure if the pattern was
ever published. If anyone really wants the pattern, I'll ask her if it's
ok. I've designed quite a few tote bag patterns for myself, but nothing
ever this big!

--
Donna in Idaho
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Remove "invalid" to reply

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,
"Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)"
wrote:

I just this minute finished (except for the BIG button needed for
closure) a
BBBIIIGGG quilted tote bag that will hold a big quilt (or a small child).
It has something like 12 pockets on it (including one under the bottom of
the bag that will hold one of the new 8 1/2" x 24" rulers. It measures
approximately 19" deep and 37" wide.

I'm afraid the biggest problem will be - I'm going to get it so full I
won't
be able to lift it!

LOL! That sounds great, Donna! Where did you find the pattern, or did
you design it yourself?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

Old September 14th 04, 12:33 AM
Betty in Wi

I can relate to that...........we live across the street from the High
School. We don't dream of leaving until the buses are gone!

Betty in WI
Just to append to that -- did go out cycling.

Note to self: never ride by the high school at 2:45 pm on a school day.
There were at least 6 or 7 city buses lined up in front of the school
at every which angle and cars all over the place trying to get past
them. I nearly got clocked.

In spite of getting caught in heavy downtown traffic, I increased my
average speed by 3/10 mph. Woot!

Old September 14th 04, 12:41 AM
Denise G.

I finished and delivered the baseball quilt that I made for a boy who
worked with me all summer at the food pantry. I also made a small pink
quilt for his 3 year old sister.

I am now working on a snowman wall hanging panel, and trying to finish a
charity quilt with frogs on it.

I still have a 9 patch top to layer and quilt that I want to get done
this fall.

I was out with a group from church today on a very large boat called the
Mt. Washington which tours around a lake here in NH. A few of the
ladies with me are quilters. At one point in the cruise we were in
sight of Keepsake Quilting. I couldn't talk anyone into jumping
overboard and swimming to shore. What a bunch of wusses.

This Saturday I'm going on a mystery Shop Hop with my guild, maybe we'll
make it to Keepsake. I just ordered two yards of their new sock-monkey
material and two sock-monkey lunchboxes. One will be for me to use as a
traveling sewing kit, the other will be a Christmas present for my son's
new girlfriend, who loves sock monkeys. I told him to keep this
girlfriend, as all of his other girls hated my monkeys.

Denise in NH
My quilt guild:
www.amoskeagqg.org

Old September 14th 04, 12:41 AM
Listpig

MRF?

Piggie is working on 1) a lap Lakota star for demonstration at powwow this
weekend and 2) not being dragged out!

LOL

--pig

On 9/13/04 08:19, in article , "Diana
Curtis" wrote:

What sort of things does everyone have going at the moment in the quilt
family? Dragging out PIGS

-- pig

http://www.faloshi-studios.com/

Old September 14th 04, 12:48 AM
Bonnie

Donna in Idaho (remove invalid) wrote:
Hey, I never thought of wheels!!! Not quite sure how you sew wheels on a
tote bag, however! :-)

That's simple - put a piece of wood in the bottom of the
tote with the batting. Then attach the wheels with screws
to the bottom on the tote. Wheels of all sizes are
available at Home Depot or Lowe's or any hardware store.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old September 14th 04, 01:50 AM
melinda

Diana Curtis wrote:
Well? ;-)
What sort of things does everyone have going at the moment in the quilt
family? Dragging out PIGS or finishing up UFOs and WIPS or have new quilts
started appearing?
I'm still working on the queen size LC borders, getting ready to MQ the
siggy quilt, plotting the next borders on DDs quilt, and playing with
layouts for Mike's 'Things go better with Coke" quilt. Sometime in the
middle of those I need to design and make two quilted Christmas stockings.
Lets hear your list!
Diana
--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

My projects are unfortunately stalled :-( DS needs to watched constantly
while awake so he doesn't get into mischief. Yesterday he turned off my
computer, then turned it back on DH was not pleased as this computer is
the name server and also has some of his files stored on it.

I found a playgroup for him that meets two mornings a week, I'll see
how he fits in all things going well I'll be missing at least one
morning a week.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old September 14th 04, 03:02 AM
Betty in Wi

Pictures up!!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/bertevan

Yes Diana you can borrow my chicken pattern. Unfortunately I don't have "e"
pictures of it. If you do a google search for chicken pincushion you will
find a pattern---but no written instructions.

Betty

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Any chance I could get a copy of the chicken pattern from you, or borrow

it?
Will you get a chance to take pictures of the quilts for the show before
they go? Id love to see your work.
See you at the llllllama running!
Diana