Whats Everyone Working On?

Old September 13th 04, 04:53 PM
Kate Dicey

Diana Curtis wrote:

Well? ;-)
What sort of things does everyone have going at the moment in the quilt
family? Dragging out PIGS or finishing up UFOs and WIPS or have new quilts
started appearing?
I'm still working on the queen size LC borders, getting ready to MQ the
siggy quilt, plotting the next borders on DDs quilt, and playing with
layouts for Mike's 'Things go better with Coke" quilt. Sometime in the
middle of those I need to design and make two quilted Christmas stockings.
Lets hear your list!
Diana
--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

I have several PIGS that will have to remain in their sty this month,
and a WIPO that won't be wopped until next month, and my Quilt For Me is
lurking on the sofa, looking daggers at me while I make jackets!

James will have another go at his at the weekend.

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 13th 04, 05:07 PM
Roberta Zollner

Apart from the perennial take-along hand project (currently 2½" bowties) and
the evening-with-DH hand quilting, I am (gasp!) between quilts! Just
finished 2 smallish ones made of some orphan blocks. Guess it's time to
start drafting another mosaic floor. A dear kind friend came over last week
and brought me my order of marbles, so there's floor-type fabric!
Roberta in D

news

Old September 13th 04, 05:08 PM
DrQuilter

Let me see. I am trying to finish the borders on the miniRR, I am
machine quilting my ABC quilt for my friend's daughter, and trying to
finish apliqueing the lead on Sofia's butterfly wall hanging (bought
seed beads to embelish that one). Besides that, we are rearranging the
pieces on Y2K+5 with DH. I also have the antique dahlia blocks ready to
be apkiqued (6 need centers), but that is another LTP. I want to finish
all my WIPs, except the Y2K+5 in which DH is involved and thus I cannot
really control, before I leave (or I can take them with me to finish the
handwork on) so I can start somethign new when we get back, probably a
quilt for our couch in batiks.

Diana Curtis wrote:

Well? ;-)
What sort of things does everyone have going at the moment in the quilt
family? Dragging out PIGS or finishing up UFOs and WIPS or have new quilts
started appearing?
I'm still working on the queen size LC borders, getting ready to MQ the
siggy quilt, plotting the next borders on DDs quilt, and playing with
layouts for Mike's 'Things go better with Coke" quilt. Sometime in the
middle of those I need to design and make two quilted Christmas stockings.
Lets hear your list!
Diana
--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old September 13th 04, 05:31 PM
Butterfly

In order of priority:
DH's couch quilt (2" squares) (in full swing)
DD's Airplane Quilt (on Design Wall awaiting DD's arrival)
I Spy (twin size) (Squares are cut)
Another baby size I Spy (haven't started but it needs done by Jan 2005)
N E X T (nicely started)
Poiple LC (8 squares done)
Butterfly (its sooooooooo nice to be sewing again : )

Old September 13th 04, 05:37 PM
Betty in Wi

Funny you should ask! I just spent part of the morning getting things ready
for our quilt show on October 2 and 3. (MSQG in Frederic, WI). I have 3
largish quilts to show and a flag wall hanging. Also pulled out some items
for the Silent Auction--a Quiltmaker's Gift pillow, chicken pincushion, and
Halloween mug rugs. Tossed my Challenge in the garbage---because I battled
it for half a day yesterday, decided I didn't like it and it was a mess.
This morning I called my long arm quilter and am bringing 2 quilts to her to
quilt this afternoon---a Snail's Trail I did at the Spring Workshop and a
Nickel Square Quilt (nickel squares from RCTQ and my guild. Then if she gets
them done, I'll be binding them. Probably my next priority should be to
layer, quilt, scallop the border, and bind a Christmas Table Cover for my
SIL.

Betty in WI

Old September 13th 04, 05:45 PM
CNYstitcher

Hey Babs.....what do I have to do to order some of your salsa?? DH
likes it as many alarm hot as possible, I'm a so mild it's barely more
than a tomato...lol Would love to get some for him for the stocking
this year - he's a junk-food-junkie

Larisa

Old September 13th 04, 05:58 PM
Diana Curtis

Oooh.. Larisa... I'm pretty sure you didnt mean to imply that salsa is junk
food... its full of vitamins and all sorts of other things that make it just
plain old fashioned good! DH isnt eatting it on top of fried pork rinds is
he? :-)
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

.. .

Old September 13th 04, 05:59 PM
Diana Curtis

What is a loop start? And a 1390 quilt?
Diana, striving to become always less ignorant

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"georg" wrote in message
.. .
Diana Curtis wrote:

Well? ;-)
What sort of things does everyone have going at the moment in the quilt
family?

Most of the last bit of the round robin is done. Need to sew 20 more

seams.

I've started the serious work on the 1390 quilt. It's a pain because I
hate loop starts. But it is neat working with linen floss etc. I have
vowed to do something similar using *decidedly modern* techniques when
I'm done, just for the joy of the look without the effort.

DJ has been set aside until that's done.

-georg

Old September 13th 04, 06:00 PM
Diana Curtis

When you decide to get back into it you dont mess around! Do you still need
to work in 15 minute increments?
Diana

Old September 13th 04, 06:01 PM
Diana Curtis

Sounds like youre having oodles of fun! Hooray!
Di

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"Michelle in Gander" wrote in message
Well let's see...
-1 wall calendar quilt for my parents (made from a Debbie Mumm calendar
panel, in the machine quilting stage
-one rail fence WH for my mom, also in the quitling stage
-handpiecing a sister's choice lap quilt for my aunt, who keeps giving

tons
of fabric (almost done piecing this one). It's my quiet time quilt, for

when
DD is sleeping or I want to watch TV.
-friendship stars "nap" quilt, just needs a border and then quilting, for

DD
to take a nap with
- my Halloween quilt-for-me, may end up as a double bed topper
-a t-shirt quilt of DH's and my shirts, just in the cutting phase really

at
this point. I cut and fused the shirts to some interfacing, but that's as
far as I've gotten
-19 ornaments for the Christmas exchange (got half done, just need some

time
for the other half now!)
On the bright side, both my round robins are done. One was mailed out two
weeks ago maybe, and the other is going out this week. Woohoo! But that

will
lead to two more wall quilts to quilt. Aaargh! It never ends! Isn't it
wonderful?!
Michelle in Gander

"Diana Curtis" worte in message