RCTQ Recipe Book

Old June 26th 04, 02:16 AM
Mardi

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:34:45 GMT, "Mika"
wrote:

All this talk about Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Julia's post about her
cheesecake recipe got me to thinking. This may have been brought up at some
time or other, I don't know. But I'll bring it up again. Has anyone ever
collected recipes from RCTQ and put them together into a recipe book and
then distributed to the participants? I think it would be so much fun to
collect recipes from quilters around the world and put them together with
little anecdotes from each person. Would anyone be interested in
participating?

Mika

Absolutely. I think it's a great idea. About a month ago I attended a
"food and wine" event in Sonoma County. It was a "potluck". The
requirement was that you brought a printed copy of the recipe for what
you brought. They charged $10 for the tasting which was worth it for
the free wine alone. But, then they took all the printed copies of
recipes and copied them and put them into a folder and sent it to all
the particpants. It was lovely. I got some really great recipes and
all the people who loved my smoked chicken wild rice salad were very
happy to get my recipe. If you're interested in the recipe for this
great dish, let me know and I'll send it to you.

A RCTQ recipe booklet will be one more way we can come together as a
quilting community.

If you decide to take it on, let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old June 26th 04, 02:38 AM
Sharon Harper

Thank you Di!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
http://www.globalgourmet.com/cgi-bin...hts+volume+new try this.
When we write up our recipes please, lets remember that all items are not
named the same in all countrys, brands are not available in all areas.

This
is going to be fun! Let the cooking begin!
Diana

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Oooh yes - how big is the US cup compared to the Oz cup? That might be

why
my brownies turned out sloppy the other day.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

"Charlie" wrote in message
Great Idea Kate! I hate doing stuff in cups. As well as the fact

that
Oz
cups are different to US cups - I have some Oz cookbooks!

Charlie.

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Mika wrote:

[...]

Oh, yes! Sounds like fun! Can we have recipes in weights as well

as
US
cups?

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

---

---

Old June 26th 04, 04:11 AM
melinda

Kate Dicey wrote:
Mika wrote:

All this talk about Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Julia's post about her
cheesecake recipe got me to thinking. This may have been brought up at some
time or other, I don't know. But I'll bring it up again. Has anyone ever
collected recipes from RCTQ and put them together into a recipe book and
then distributed to the participants? I think it would be so much fun to
collect recipes from quilters around the world and put them together with
little anecdotes from each person. Would anyone be interested in
participating?

Mika

Oh, yes! Sounds like fun! Can we have recipes in weights as well as US
cups?

I'll join in even though I won't have many to share. I know that
at least one person here has tried out a couple of mine.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Old June 26th 04, 07:44 AM
Patti

I am a really awful cook; but I could scrape the back of my memory bank
and produce a couple of nice things? It is a great idea, especially if
we can make the quantities 'international'.
..
In article , Mika
writes
All this talk about Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Julia's post about her
cheesecake recipe got me to thinking. This may have been brought up at some
time or other, I don't know. But I'll bring it up again. Has anyone ever
collected recipes from RCTQ and put them together into a recipe book and
then distributed to the participants? I think it would be so much fun to
collect recipes from quilters around the world and put them together with
little anecdotes from each person. Would anyone be interested in
participating?

Mika

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 26th 04, 01:14 PM
frood

I especially like this idea, Melissa! New recipes are great, but new ones I
can't use aren't as fun. :-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"MelissaInNJ" wrote in message
om...
I would be interested if we had to input two recipes. One healthy and
one not healthy. Since I have been changing my eating habits over the
last year plus, my daily eating is much much healthier and all my old
cookbooks are dusty. Healthy tried and true recipes really appeal to
me. But I also cook for special occasions like holidays where health
consciousness is tabled for a day or so. Then those not so healthy
recipes could be used.

That said my not healthy recipe is the moistess richess carrot cake
you've ever had. Healthy I'd have to work on picking one.

Melissa in NJ

et...

Old June 26th 04, 03:11 PM
Pat Norton

Brian Christiansen wrote
I don't know the conversion from US to
Oz (Australian?) cups, but I suppose
I could put the units in metric as well as AV.

Non-metric cups are half a local pint.

Try the google converter. See what happens when you search for:
2 teaspoons
2 uk pints
500 ml in ounces

Click on 'More about calculator'.
Old June 26th 04, 03:27 PM
the black rose

Sharon Harper wrote:

Oooh yes - how big is the US cup compared to the Oz cup? That might be why
my brownies turned out sloppy the other day.

1 cup (250 ml, OZ) @ 8.5 oz (1 cup = 8 oz, US)
or
1 cup (US) @ 236 ml

--