RCTQ Recipe Book

Old June 25th 04, 10:47 PM
Charlie

Great Idea Kate! I hate doing stuff in cups. As well as the fact that Oz
cups are different to US cups - I have some Oz cookbooks!

Charlie.

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Mika wrote:

All this talk about Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Julia's post about her
cheesecake recipe got me to thinking. This may have been brought up at

some
time or other, I don't know. But I'll bring it up again. Has anyone ever
collected recipes from RCTQ and put them together into a recipe book and
then distributed to the participants? I think it would be so much fun to
collect recipes from quilters around the world and put them together

with
little anecdotes from each person. Would anyone be interested in
participating?

Mika

Oh, yes! Sounds like fun! Can we have recipes in weights as well as US
cups?

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

---

Old June 25th 04, 10:55 PM
Sharon Harper

Me! Me! Me!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

t...

Old June 25th 04, 10:57 PM
Sharon Harper

Oooh yes - how big is the US cup compared to the Oz cup? That might be why
my brownies turned out sloppy the other day.

Old June 25th 04, 11:30 PM
hfw

Me!

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

t...

Old June 26th 04, 12:28 AM
Brian Christiansen

"Mika" wrote in message
t...
All this talk about Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Julia's post about her
cheesecake recipe got me to thinking. This may have been brought up at

some
time or other, I don't know. But I'll bring it up again. Has anyone ever
collected recipes from RCTQ and put them together into a recipe book and
then distributed to the participants? I think it would be so much fun to
collect recipes from quilters around the world and put them together with
little anecdotes from each person. Would anyone be interested in
participating?

I have a few recipes that I make once in a while that I could contribute I
suppose. I don't know the conversion from US to Oz (Australian?) cups, but
I suppose I could put the units in metric as well as AV. I don't know if
these recipes are "healthy," but one requires a pound of browned beef, and
I think a can of beans or so could be substituted to make the recipe
vegetarian.

Brian Christiansen

Old June 26th 04, 01:24 AM
QuiltShopHopper

Me! Me! Me! I have several recipes that are of my own creation.

Mika are you volunteering to collect, organize, and print said recipe book?
cyndi

Old June 26th 04, 01:39 AM
Diana Curtis

I suppose I could look this up ... how about this tho... a pound of butter
is 2 cups. Does that help? ;-)
Diana

Old June 26th 04, 01:46 AM
Diana Curtis

http://www.globalgourmet.com/cgi-bin...hts+volume+new try this.
When we write up our recipes please, lets remember that all items are not
named the same in all countrys, brands are not available in all areas. This
is going to be fun! Let the cooking begin!
Diana