What do your qults say?

Old February 12th 04, 02:40 PM
Packrat

I am in the directory but don't mind handing out my snail mail addy 8-) I'm
one of those people who is overjoyed to receive even simple things like
scraps you want to get rid of as I am one who uses all fabric up to the last
thread ( literally!)

--
8-)

Jessamy - a good home for all fabric!
In the Netherlands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well said Dee. I'm not listed in the directory and this (asking
me for addy) works for me! I'm always surprised and delighted. We
quilters have so many plans and ideas buzzing in our brains that
a squishy is always a surprise. Besides, the contents of the
parcel is a mystery. The Queen Has Spoken!
PAT in VA/USA

Old February 12th 04, 03:11 PM
DDM

So what is your addy, Pat?

Dee in LeRoy, NY

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Well said Dee. I'm not listed in the directory and this (asking
me for addy) works for me! I'm always surprised and delighted. We
quilters have so many plans and ideas buzzing in our brains that
a squishy is always a surprise. Besides, the contents of the
parcel is a mystery. The Queen Has Spoken!
PAT in VA/USA

DDM wrote:

No... it won't spoil the surprise. Lots of other stuff happens

along
the way and jiggles that right out of your memory bank. Then one day

you go
to your mailbox and see something there with your name on it. Something
that squishes and maybe even has a return address on it with a name you

know
from here. You suck in your breath, dance a little jig and yell woohoo!
Drives the neighbors crazy. Then the real fun starts....you get to pass
that fun along by squishing someone else.

Old February 12th 04, 04:01 PM
Judy Grevenites

Maybe Cina is interested in joining the swaps. When you are starting to
thread your way through here, the terminology can be confusing. Cina,
whenever there is going to be a fabric swap, the coordinator will
announce it here on the group--along with the instructions for that
swap. If it appeals to you,--you just answer back that you want to
participate.
Be sure that you understand the commitment--you are expected to fulfill
your part of the bargain. (Some people haven't--but they are
recognised as what they are and dropped from any further lists)

The squishies are totally voluntary, just an expression of fun and love
and most never even get mentioned here. They are private, between the
sender and the recipient. The key to squishies is not "how do I
get??".. but rather "How do I give". Hope this clears up any
confusion.
RedQueen

Old February 12th 04, 04:10 PM
Packrat

howzat for a beg?

--
8-)

Jessamy - holding out bowl and saying "bagseesh, bagseesh"
In the Netherlands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old February 13th 04, 04:53 AM
Pat in Virginia

I may have answered privately, but I have already forgotten, so
as not to spoil any surprise Dee has planned! LOL
PAT

Old February 13th 04, 05:45 AM
Cina

LN wrote:

I do. I will be able to start doing the update in a week or so. Just waiting
on an ISP to figure out of they are available in my new area.

Ah, that's right! I sorta knew that you were moving and had just
recently returned, but then I forgot.

When DH and I bought our house, he called cable companies and DSL
people and asked which towns they serviced (back when cable modems were
still pretty new)... then we used that list and only looked for houses
in those towns. We were the second cable modem installed in our town.
=)

I guess there's no real point to that story (except perhaps to point
out the lengths computer geeks will go to), but good luck with your ISP
search!

Cina
Old February 13th 04, 05:45 AM
Cina

Pat in VA wrote:

Cina:
Of course your friends were whining!! I am whining because I
didn't get those goodies. But I still don't know what blondies
are. Cookies?

They're kind of like brownies. Except brownies are more cake-y. And
well, they're not brown chocolate, they're made with white chocolate.
(at least, my recipe) In general I hate white chocolate, but I'll eat
blondies till I pop!

There is a directory for RCTQ, but it is not strictly a squishy
list. You may certainly send squishy to someone not on the list.
Hey, I am not on the list, so you can test this out with me!!
Grins, PAT in VA/USA aka Official Chocolate Taster of RCTQ

If you email me your snail addy, I'll send you some blondies next time
I make a batch.

Cina
Old February 13th 04, 05:45 AM
Cina

RedQueen wrote:

Maybe Cina is interested in joining the swaps. When you are starting to
thread your way through here, the terminology can be confusing. Cina,
whenever there is going to be a fabric swap, the coordinator will
announce it here on the group--along with the instructions for that
swap. If it appeals to you,--you just answer back that you want to
participate.
Be sure that you understand the commitment--you are expected to fulfill
your part of the bargain. (Some people haven't--but they are
recognised as what they are and dropped from any further lists)

Yep, I've signed up for one swap already. Would have joined the round
robin, but I'll be moving halfway through the rounds, so I'll just do
the next one.

The squishies are totally voluntary, just an expression of fun and love
and most never even get mentioned here. They are private, between the
sender and the recipient. The key to squishies is not "how do I
get??".. but rather "How do I give". Hope this clears up any
confusion.

I *do* wanna give squishies. I just wanted them to be a surprise, and
was under the impression that you can't see the list (that LN keeps)
unless you're on it. Of course, I've been corrected on the notion that
you can't ask for an address and keep the surprise... even knowing that
something might be coming, there's still the "what's in the box"
secret. And apparently this whole group needs more ginkgo, with all the
forgetfulness going around.

Cina
(g,d&r)
Old February 13th 04, 03:13 PM
Pat in Virginia

Ginko ... yep we could take that but it would spoil the fun.
Therefore, M&Ms are the prevailing drug of choice here.
Grins,
PAT, Official Chocolate Taster of RCTQ

Old February 13th 04, 03:25 PM
Cina

Pat wrote:

Ginko ... yep we could take that but it would spoil the fun.
Therefore, M&Ms are the prevailing drug of choice here.
Grins,
PAT, Official Chocolate Taster of RCTQ

Hmmmmm. Green ones? ;-)

Cina