What do your qults say?

Old February 11th 04, 03:37 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I do. I will be able to start doing the update in a week or so. Just waiting
on an ISP to figure out of they are available in my new area.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

"Cina" wrote in message
Pat in VA wrote:

Cina:
First, what is this with 'ultrayummy blondies?'

A couple years ago, I baked for holiday gifts. Banana bread, poppy seed
rolls, nut rolls, several kinds of cookies, chocolate covered pretzels
(dark, milk, and white), and seasoned pretzels. I even made peanut
butter & honey dog biscuits. But the biggest hit was my blondies, which
were dubbed by friends as "Cina's ultrayummy blondies."

You shoulda heard the whining when it was discovered that I wasn't
baking gifts this year.

Next, to the best
of my knowledge, there is no 'list for possible squishy
recipient.'

Hm. I was under the impression that someone maintained a current
mailing list. Is that mistaken?

Cina

---

Old February 11th 04, 05:14 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Where were the quilt shops when I lived in San Mateo?!!?
There wasn't even a chain fabric shop there 15 yrs. ago--hmph!
Enjoy!
Ragmop/Sandy--2 Cruisers: will travel

"Marcella Tracy Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
" Ellison" wrote:

Howdy!
Sounds good. We can have several meet-ups on the way to
Wendy's Quilt Palace; stop for more quilters, quilt shops, chocolate.
April? That sounds good, too.

Ragmop/Sandy-- with 2 PT Cruisers: no waiting!!!

Well get over here girl! There's now a quilt shop in San Mateo! Opened
last week.

marcella

Old February 11th 04, 02:26 PM
Pat in Virginia

Cina:
Of course your friends were whining!! I am whining because I
didn't get those goodies. But I still don't know what blondies
are. Cookies?
There is a directory for RCTQ, but it is not strictly a squishy
list. You may certainly send squishy to someone not on the list.
Hey, I am not on the list, so you can test this out with me!!
Grins, PAT in VA/USA aka Official Chocolate Taster of RCTQ

Old February 11th 04, 04:36 PM
Bonnie Patterson

I must add my 2 cents here.

My first job was in a high end department store, the CANDY department.
Our chocolate was all hand made, hand dipped, hand packed, etc. Very
expensive! We had a special cold room for storage, and our sales cases
were temperature controlled.

I sold and hand packed, "one of those, three of that, etc.", all day
long. Then one day I discovered that I could no longer smell that
wonderful chocolate. Did I eat any? Of course I did, a lot in the
beginning, finally I would eat one piece of that fine chocolate every
morning. Never wanted anymore.

That was about "????", oh my, a looong time ago. My sense of chocolate
smell came back after I left that job, I'm very thankful for that!

Bonnie, still snow covered in Middletown, VA

Now, if only I could smell and taste properly, I could start candymaking!

You smell just fine from here. You're a little too far away for me to taste
you, though. (besides, I'm not really in the habit of walking up to people
and licking them. I leave that job to my dog. *grin*)

Old February 11th 04, 04:45 PM
frood

I'm the same way with ice cream!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old February 11th 04, 05:52 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

"Marcella Tracy Peek" wrote in message
Well get over here girl! There's now a quilt shop in San Mateo! Opened
last week.

Wow, you're in the big time now! Aren't you going to miss going to that shop
with the bad attitude? *grin*

My dream is that that particular shop will shape up in the face of
nearby competition. Then I would have TWO shops close to home.

Hey, a girl's gotta dream, right?

marcella
Old February 11th 04, 06:43 PM
Bonnie

frood wrote:
I'm the same way with ice cream!

You should live around Hershey, Pa. The smell of chocolate
just permeates the area. My DH's family still lives and
works in and around Hershey.
--
Bonnie, the Quilt Lady
NJ

Old February 11th 04, 06:54 PM
DDM

No... it won't spoil the surprise. Lots of other stuff happens along
the way and jiggles that right out of your memory bank. Then one day you go
to your mailbox and see something there with your name on it. Something
that squishes and maybe even has a return address on it with a name you know
from here. You suck in your breath, dance a little jig and yell woohoo!
Drives the neighbors crazy. Then the real fun starts....you get to pass
that fun along by squishing someone else.

Dee in LeRoy, NY

"Cina" wrote in message
Ragmop wrote:

Howdy!
List??! A list for begging? A list for trading squishies?
Not for me. I have acquired my addresses (and squishies)
the "old fashioned way": I asked individuals for their info.
You got the "give to get" part right. ;-D

I could ask, but that would ruin the surprise, wouldn't it? I suppose I
could get an address and then not send anything until the recipient
forgets, but by then, I may have forgotten too. Or used up the fabric
because it was just lying around waiting to be mailed.

Old February 11th 04, 10:37 PM
Natalie

I'm in! I'm in!

Scharffenberger is opening a cafe this weekend! It's one of my
favorite places. There store has all kinds of neat stuff.

Best,
NS

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message . com...
"Marcella Tracy Peek" wrote in message

Now, that is a fun tour in real life -- and free! You can smell the
chocolate as you pull into the parking lot. Oh, and did you know they
sell 10 lb bars? We go through a bittersweet one every year.

marcella
when we going?

We'll definitely have to plan an excursion! I'm booked just about solid for
the next couple of months, but I could see a road trip in April or so...
*grin*

Old February 12th 04, 01:59 PM
Pat in Virginia

Well said Dee. I'm not listed in the directory and this (asking
me for addy) works for me! I'm always surprised and delighted. We
quilters have so many plans and ideas buzzing in our brains that
a squishy is always a surprise. Besides, the contents of the
parcel is a mystery. The Queen Has Spoken!
PAT in VA/USA