Getting to know the folks here

Old January 10th 04, 08:38 PM
frood

Spend 117 hours a day reading posts. ;-)

You can google old posts, searching "intro" or "de-lurk" or somesuch, but I
found it easiest to just read a bit. Most of us are so gabby, it's not long
before we tell you all about ourselves, which is probably more than you want
to know!

When I first came here, I was intimidated because there were a few people
who were the most frequent posters, and they all seemed to know each other,
and tell "in" jokes. However, unlike many other groups, this one welcomes
new people readily! Just jump in, and start posting. You'll soon figure out
which posters are which, and which ones you are more eager to respond to.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Muggywort" wrote in message
I'm not sure if this is off-topic or not. I'd like to get to know the
people here, so I will recognize names. Is there an introduction file
area where people have posted intros, so I can make a list of names,
places and what the person quilts, so I can become familiar with you
all? If not, how on earth did you keep each other straight when you
first came here?

MuggyWort

Old January 10th 04, 08:39 PM
frood

Hi. Who are you again? G

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Chipper" wrote in message
news
Hi Muggywort, (love that!
It is hard when you're memory challenged, (speaking for myself), but

nobody
here seems to mind...maybe they forget too?
I tend to assign cartoon characters to folks to help me keep things
straight...(I'm like the gopher in the Winnie-the Pooh cartoons. I pop in
and out, bumble around, and fall into my own holes a lot.)
Just hang in there and say 'yes' and laugh and sound like you know what
you're talking about. You'll fit right in.
chipper (never known for sound advice

Old January 10th 04, 09:51 PM
Patti

Hullo Abby
It's good to meet you; hope you'll sit a while! I'm so glad someone
remembered the header of the intro thread. I remembered the thread, but
couldn't remember the title. I've been here three years, and it
certainly gets easier. Some people (like me!) pop up a lot! It does
take a good while to get all the folk, and their stories straight. It's
a great adventure. So many friends to learn about.
..
In article , Muggywort
writes
After a great suggestion from a group member, I am starting a list of
people on the group to keep in my notebook that goes everywhere with
me and has my life in it. (Heaven forbid I lose the book.) I'm going
to put in names of members I "meet", places of residence, e-mail
address if I can figure it out and what the person likes to quilt.
That might help me get my head on. I'm going to allot four lines for
each person, and that may be enough to get me started.

Anyway, if anyone wants to get me straight, I'm Abby in southeast
Arkansas, married for 25 years with three grown children (at least
they think they are grown) and I'm currently working on an applique
sampler that shows snow scenes, a duck quilt for my son, and samplers
for each of my daughters. Also a quick-fuse quilt for my boss for next
Christmas. Hope to get all of them finished this year. Keep your
fingers crossed for me.

MuggyWort

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 11th 04, 12:29 AM
Sharon Harper

LOL Diana - hope that you didn't remember me so much at first!! I was going
to suggest doing a google search on "introduction" or "newbie" as most
people when they intro themselves to the group have that in the subject
line. But alas, it is true, some of us do stick out more than others!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
For me it was just a matter of finding the most easy to remember names and
personalitys first ( you can take that anyway you like but what I mean is
the most outspoken, and quirky names and temperments, then the others

became
more familiar as the years went by. Squeaky wheels are the easiest to
remember. :-)
HTH
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old January 11th 04, 01:25 AM
Johanna Gibson

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:16:46 -0600, Muggywort
wrote:

I'm not sure if this is off-topic or not. I'd like to get to know the
people here, so I will recognize names. Is there an introduction file
area where people have posted intros, so I can make a list of names,
places and what the person quilts, so I can become familiar with you
all? If not, how on earth did you keep each other straight when you
first came here?

MuggyWort

We're a nosy lot, and can chat for ages. Some folks post more often
then others, so in a way it's easier to get to know them than the
folks who post infrequently.
I suppose folks have already asked you what sort of chocolate you
like? And do you have Quilt Inspectors (furry friends, or children)?
Whereabouts do you live, and how long have you been into quilting?
Does anyone in your family quilt? How many quilts have you made?
I like all sorts of chocolate except for white chocolate, which is
made from cocoa butter and is therefore not really chocolate at all.
I have a Siamese cat, Sasha - 10 years old, and Mat my partner - 30
years old. I've been reading about quilts for about 10 years, but
took the plunge into RCTQ about 6 years ago and made my first quilt
about 3 years ago. I've made about 4 quilts. My mum made a couple
quilts when I was small. Here are a few of my quilts, plus my QI
Sasha - but my hair is much longer now! :
http://www.scampi.pwp.blueyonder.co....e/Jo_page.html

Yours,

-- Jo in Scotland
Old January 11th 04, 02:37 AM
Kate Dicey

"Muggywort" wrote in message
I'm not sure if this is off-topic or not. I'd like to get to know the
people here, so I will recognize names. Is there an introduction file
area where people have posted intros, so I can make a list of names,
places and what the person quilts, so I can become familiar with you
all? If not, how on earth did you keep each other straight when you
first came here?

MuggyWort

I'm the one with the big furry ears!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 11th 04, 03:09 AM
Diana Curtis

People may ask me if they want to know if they are some of the ones I first
remembered....... but I aint tellin!
Diana ;-)

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

u...

Old January 11th 04, 03:10 AM
Piglet

Pig wonders if that's a comment on the tonal quality of the basic
oink......lol

Agreed, it takes a while.

--pig, Queen of the Sty, worker in 1930's repros and feed sacks among other
things.
http://www.faloshistudios.com/ for quilty bits
http://www.piggyclan.com/ for genealogy, pix, and other oddities

On 1/10/04 8:48 AM, opined:

Old January 11th 04, 09:09 AM
nzl*

squeak squeak!!
honk honk!!
HTH from the finally cooling off a bit here in the South Pacific and its
9pm, geeeeez.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Diana Curtis" wrote...