What Quilt Scares You?

Old October 30th 03, 01:23 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I'll put it on my photo page.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"Taria" wrote in message
can you post it so we all can see?
Taria

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
I'll get out my camera and send you a copy of My Little Beauty.

Ragmop/Sandy
"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Which I don't have a photo of, btw. Do you happen to have one you can

email
to me?
--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!~
Hmph! My Beg was so subtle and eloquent you barely noticed
it was a Beg. That's okay, I still got the quilt! G
Handquilted and ribbon-embroidered--it's quite lovely.

Ragmop/Sandy

Old October 30th 03, 02:21 PM
Queen of Squishies

Mine is triggered by the barometer, extreme fatigue, or high fibro pain.
Any of the above. I only rarely get the seasick feeling. I usually do well
if I back off the multi-tasks of the day and focus on one thing. I focus
well on details of just one job. Usually quilting. I block out everything
else, including most of the pain.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

Old October 30th 03, 04:55 PM
Tina

Diana Curtis wrote:

Is there a quilt you would love to make but it puts your stomach in knots to
think about making it?

Well, don't know about the stomach in knots thing ..but I tend to avoid
quilts with curves ...not sure enough about skills ....then again the
old saying Practice makes perfect " hits me in the face . Never did like
to practice !!!!
I wanna do it well now ! :-)
--
Tina
Brockport, NY
Old October 30th 03, 05:07 PM
Tina

Well, wish me luck and patience ! My 11 yr. old son asked me to teach
him to quilt yesterday. We were watching the last 20 min of Fons and
Porters quilt show . They were making a flannel quilt where the seams
show and you clip the seams so they curl..... Out pops the "mom, will
you teach me how to make a quilt like that ?"
Well... with no daughters to teach and a son asking to be taught, how
can you say no?
So I am off to buy bright solids and wacky print flannel.

--
Tina
Brockport, NY
Old October 30th 03, 07:48 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

My son (10) asked the same out of the blue the other day. I wasn't even
working on one or watching tv. Go figure. So, I cut 4 5" squares and he
sewed them together. Now he wants to keep adding squares. I'm afraid of how
large this quilt will end up! I tried to explain the concept of contrast
helping the squares show up, but no, he wanted those fabrics together.
That's ok. It'll be great once he gets all the blocks together. Whenever
that will be.

So, here I am trying to keep the house clean in case someone calls to look
at it, but have fabrics and threads flung far and wide as he chooses what to
put in his quilt. I still have the bag of fabrics people squished him
with when he was in the hospital last year. So I'll see where I packed that
away (trying to make my sewing room look uncluttered) and let him have at
those.

Old October 30th 03, 07:58 PM
Diana Curtis

This is so cool! I hope the lessons go well and he becomes an accomplished
quilter!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old October 30th 03, 09:36 PM
Tina

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote:

I'm pretty sure he'll be wanting to keep this one.

--
LN in NH

Yep, can relate to that one . I anticipate this flannel quilt being one
he drags around from chair ,to couch, to bed.... My 2 boys have always
lived by the code: more blankets the better !

--
Tina
Brockport, NY
Old October 31st 03, 01:19 AM

Dreaming in Color - was - What Quilt Scares You?

(Diana=A0Curtis)
My DH sometimes dreams in movie sequences, both as director and actor in
the scene, and he has been able to 'reshoot' scenes that didnt go the
way he wanted them to.
---
Hey! I do this, too! And if the 'actors' go through too many
re-takes, I often wake up out of sheer frustration.
Wanna-Be Director, obviously.
Cea