About Us

Old October 16th 03, 02:56 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message

BTW, I also love (and forgot to mention) Keeping Up Appearances and As
Time Goes By.

Wow... I'd say you're my long lost twin, but I guess you already have one of
those. We're definitely going to have to do a meet up next time I'm in
Lost Wages!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old October 16th 03, 03:06 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"teleflora" wrote in message
(DD is going to be a lawyer, mainly cause she was so lousy in math)

ROFLMAO!!! I'm going to have to pass that on to one of my math-challenged
attorney friends who I'll see tonight at my guild's Preview Party.

Old October 16th 03, 03:16 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Mel Rimmer" wrote in message
Back? Highwater? A-Hand-Basket?

Aaargh!

Please, remember those spew warnings!!!

Old October 16th 03, 03:24 PM
Diana Curtis

A Game!!!
A new last name for LN... hmmmm... Beggier?
;-)

for occupations you forgot "soliciter of quilts"...
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Name: LN (hmmmm. Lets play give LN a new last name.... )

Home: NH

Occupation: None yet, but looking

Age: 40

Past Lives: Paste up artist, clerk in art dept., administrator,

programmer,
computer helpline, retail (including quilt shop).

Family: STBX, DD, DS

Food: Chocolate, lemon merange pie, anything cooked by someone else.

QI's: Cotton (3 yo white mini poodle), Merlin (14yo tabby), several

goldfish
in my pond, and lots of frogs that show up every summer.

Machine(s): Kenmore, Baby Lock Serger, 2 treadles, FW, Elna (the one I use
most)

Quilting For: Everyone but me, it seems. Oh, you mean length of time? Oh,
hmmm. Tried it once MANY years ago, just did one projected and then got

back
into it again when I moved here over 5 years ago.

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut, machine pieced, hand applique, hand
quilt, gonna try some more MQ, hand embroidery.

Quilt Style Preference: crazy quilt, whole cloth quilting.

Colour Preference: None

Skill level: Depends on the project. Some I'm an expert in, some I haven't
ever tried before.

Posting/Reading frequency: Way too much.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading, movies,
kayaking, chatting, embroidery

Pet Peeves: Oh, I don't think it's a good time for me to go there now.

TV Shows: Cold Cases, Lyon's Den, 2.5 men, Miami CSI, NCIS, West Wing,
Survivor, Friends, ER (mostly cuz I am in a rut... it's not as good as it
used to be), Without a Trace, Joan of Arcadia. Also love the British

version
of Coupling (American version sucks), As Time Goes By...

Drive A: 2001 Dodge Caravan

Favorite Quote: I'm between quotes right now.

Old October 16th 03, 04:31 PM
Patti

This is like going to your first school reunion for 30 years!!

Name:

Pat Storey
Home:

Shropshire, England
Occupation:

Retired
Age:

62
Past Lives:

Teacher, University administrator, some clerical jobs, Garden Designer
Family:

DH, brother, in-laws; no children ( I find I'm missing having
grandchildren more than I was sorry about not being able to have
children?);
Food:

Fruit, salad, vegetables, yoghurt - good;
cake, biscuits, ice cream - bad!!
QI's:

Cats - Polly (Birman) 9; Tigger (Tiffanie) 6; Jack and Beau (adopted
twin Birmans) 9;
Rabbits: Domino, Sugar and Spice;
Guinea pigs: Bubble (Squeak died last year); Poppy and Daisy.
Machine(s):

Husqvarna Viking 540 Lily; Singer Featherweight
Quilting For:

About ten years
Quilt Assembly Preference:

I'm happy cutting by rotary or scissors with templates;
Machine piecing - almost any technique.
Hand appliqué;
Machine quilting from necessity! for speed.
Quilt Style Preference:

Rarely if ever do a quilt with blocks. Little repetition usually.
I love 'inventing' (which it might be to me even if it has already been
'invented'!!)
Colour Preference:

No brights; but I am gradually being 'able' to let a pink or two creep
in; and, just occasionally, a red!
Skill level:

I think I'm probably advanced; though I'm not too keen on labels,
because we're all learners at something.
Posting/Reading frequency:

Several times a day, unless I'm not at home. I seem to post most days I
think. I just love passing on tips or things I've learned to those who
might not have been so fortunate in their teachers; or anyone that needs
to know anything that I happen to know.
Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.:

My pets, gardening, reading, doing crosswords. I used to enjoy driving
until I got a speeding ticket - first one, this year!!!
Pet Peeves:

I must be a really grumpy old girl! I have agreed with almost
everyone's! so I had better not start listing them - I might put my
blood pressure up g
TV Shows:

Good whodunits; one aussie soap; interior design and architecture
programmes (though my home is painted almost entirely in shades of
white!); various challenges like Scrapheap; Formula 1 motor racing and
athletics.
Drive A:

Audi A3
Favorite Quote:

I hope this won't offend anyone?
"Without God, we cannot; without Us, God will not"

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 16th 03, 06:13 PM
Diana Curtis

To go with this theme... Wheels.
:-)
Diana

--
"Mel Rimmer" wrote in message
Back? Highwater? A-Hand-Basket?

In article , Diana Curtis
writes
A Game!!!
A new last name for LN... hmmmm... Beggier?
;-)

for occupations you forgot "soliciter of quilts"...
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
.. .

Old October 16th 03, 06:20 PM
Queen of Squishies

How about, Of-a-Beggar? Or With-a-Six-Shooter?

Hey, L! You like any of these? Or should we keep trying.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

Old October 16th 03, 06:46 PM
Piglet

Name: pig, piglet, hey you, dinner's ready

Home: south holland, illinois, currently

Occupation: theatre office grunt and technician. Apprentice curmudgeon.

Age: 50

Past Lives: accounting clerk, church musician, dotcom technician, fast food
manager, secretary

Family: one spouse, two stepkids, one comadre, one future son in law

Food: touchy subject. Cannot have dairy. Learning soy substitutions.
Currently convinced that All Good Food has Dairy, will get over that.

QI's: in house: nine cats, two turtles, two ball pythons, one iguana. Mine
personally: three cats: Sondra Shadowcat ("Tondra"), Norwegian forest cat in
contention for the title of World's Crankiest Cat; Oowatie ("Wats,
Watster"), generic cat, who is under the impression that One Of These Days
he'll figure out how to teach Dad that Wats is Mommy's right mate--in the
interim he has a monogamous relationship with a stuffed bear; Sarah
Birdheart, a/k/a Sarah Jane Sparklecat ("Sarah"), seal tortie point Siamese,
Center Of The Universe (just ask her!g).

Machine(s): Bernina 1020, 145

Quilting For: six years

Quilt Assembly Preference: machine or hand pieced, hand quilted

Quilt Style Preference: 1930's

Colour Preference: piglet pink, yellow---1930's repro palette plus black or
white

Skill level: moderate to advanced

Posting/Reading frequency: read 3-5 times a week, post when I have anything
to say

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: reading mysteries and
history; theatre, genealogy

Pet Peeves: people who just plain don't *think*---usually tied to
selfishness ("wasting two hours of your time on my problem is preferable to
spending ten minutes of my time on it" kind of situations)

TV Shows: West Wing (finally discovered it on Bravo reruns), Queer Eye,
Monk

Drive A: Ford F150, currently sage green, but one of these days piglet pink,
if I can find a shade that doesn't make everyone think "Mary Kay" (dusty
rose, perhaps?)

Favorite Quote: not currently awake enough to boot brain-file "quotes" g

--pig

Old October 16th 03, 07:16 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Keep going....

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

nk.net...

Old October 16th 03, 07:26 PM
georg

LN (remove NOSPAM) wrote: