About Us

Old October 16th 03, 12:24 AM
Elena

"oldhag" wrote:
Name: Donna Hagarty aka old hag or grammy gator

big snip

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Travelling with
my DH in our RV, going to dirt track races, genealogy, ***** reading Sue
G;rafton books in the hot tub, ***** crocheting and knitting

Sounds so pampering. I think I'll try that sometime! Thanks!

Elena in Tx

Old October 16th 03, 12:43 AM
teleflora

Name: Cindy Pucci

Home: Frontenac Kansas

Occupation: DH & I own a small company. We are Administrators for some
small 401(k) Plans. DH is Health and Welfare Administrator for all of the
Union Pipefitters in the state of Kansas. Our office is in our house and I
get to go to work in my jammies! Yay!

Age: 48 (No WAY!)

Past Lives: Paid stuff - Union Secretary, Executive Director for County
Democratic Party (Wichita), Polital Education Director for all of the Unions
in South Central Kansas (another Wichita gig), Volunteer stuff - Women's
Clinic Support (Wichita), Usual School/PTA stuff, More political campaigns
than I care to remember.

Family: Married for 30+ years to a wonderful man who is never happier than
when I am doing stuff I love to do (and I feel the same way about his
hobbies) My Parents are deceased. One younger brother who exists to still
make my life miserable (KIDDING!), A Dear Daughter, about to turn 21, who is
a Junior at the University of Kansas.

Food: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Pepsi, and Thanksgiving dinner.

QI's: None. I lost my best friend of 15 years in July. My Muffin thought I
was the bestest thing in the world. I still watch where I step when I get
up because she was always laying at my feet. At first, I thought I never
wanted another one, but... I've never not had a dog and I miss it already.

Machine(s): DH decided I "needed" a new sewing maching for our 30th
anniversary in June. I came home with a Viking Designer1! I. Love. This.
Machine. Haven't done much besides straight sewing. Played with the
embroidery capability a little bit.

Quilting For: 6 months. I don't even know the language yet, that's how dumb
I am about this wonderful art. Both grandma's made quilts, so I already
have tons. Most of theirs are not works of art, however, but sturdy,
usuable quilts. The older they got, the BRIGHTER the quilts got! hahahha.

Quilt Assembly Preference: The only full-sized (baby) quilt I have tackled
was strip pieced. I have made several miniatures. I really love this. I
am in the process of trying to paper piece these tiny quilts. I can
certainly appreciate how much easier it's going to be.

Quilt Style Preference: Old, Granny Quilts.

Color Preferences: Pastels, faded Earth Tones - I have GOT to make myself
pick some bright colors.

Skill level: What's below "Beginner"?

Posting/Reading frequency: Read Daily, I try to only post when it
contributes something, but I have a hard time keeping quiet sometimes.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Way too many
interests! I love paper - stamping - folding - embossing - punching! I
hoard gorgeous paper the way I hoard fabric. I collect hobby supplies.
Cause you never know. Someday, when I want to make something, I will have
all the stuff to do it. Some tole painting. I embroidery (Redwork is what
got me interested in Quilting). I love The Sims (I noticed someone else
mentioned that. I decided I like it because I HAVE to be in control) I
REALLY want to learn Heirloom Sewing. That's one of the reasons I bought
the D1.

Pet Peeves: How much time we got?? I think all of my Pet Peeves boil down
to one thing: Rude People Who Have No Consideration For Anyone Else.

TV Shows: Law & Order (Every version except for that one with that twitchy
guy. He makes me nervous), Monk, and all those true crime shows on A&E and
Court TV. I scare myself silly with those.

Drive A: 2003 Explorer

Favorite Quote: "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abe Lincoln

Old October 16th 03, 01:48 AM
Coleen

Renee --

What great fun, thanks for starting this thread.

Name: Coleen George

Home: Bloomfield, Indiana

Occupation: Semi-retired (and hoping that if I do get another job, that it
would only be part-time)

Age: 48 right now, 49 on October 25th

Past Lives: Accounting/Purchasing for 28 years at Indiana University but in
six different offices

Family: DH Kerry (we will be married 30 years in December), DD who is 27,
married and an elementary teacher, DS who is almost 25, married and owns his
own bussiness and will present me with my first grandbaby in June, and DD
who is 23, an asssistant to academic deans and getting ready to apply to law
school.

Food: Almost all, espcially Mexican and Chinese. Favorite meal -- at
Outback, prime rib, baked sweet potato and Caesar salad.

QI's: One puppy and 15 kitties (but all outside so they don't get to do
much inspecting).

Machine(s): One Singer, but since it is now on loan to my youngest
daughter, I mentioned to DH tonight that I am having withdrawal and may have
to buy another one.

Quilting For: About two years, but more in the past month that the rest of
the two years combined.

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut, machine piece and machine quilt. I
save all of my hand sewing for cross stitching.

Quilt Style Preference: Apparently everything, I have so many that I want to
do, lol.

Colour Preference: blue, purple, blue, red, blue, green, especially jewel
tones, did I mention blue?

Skill level: Beginner

Posting/Reading frequency: usually daily

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: golfing, reading,
cross stitching, crocheting, collect Boyd's Bears, Noah's Ark and miniature
tea sets and of course STASH!!!

Pet Peeves: Anyone who mistreats a child, people who are rude and/or
disrespectful

TV Shows: Mostly HGTV, TLC and the Game Show Network, also Days of Our
Lives, sometimes Montel, Oprah and Dr. Phil in the afternoons if I am doing
hand work, Nascar, reality shows

Drive A: Olds Bravada

Favorite Quote: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

and

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark,
professionals built the Titanic.

Old October 16th 03, 01:54 AM
Teresa in Colorado

Is it OK to respond even if we've done this before? grin
Name: Teresa Marie Adams Creech

Home: Longmont, Colorado via Ohio, New York (all over), Virginia (Blue
Ridge Mountains), Texas (hot!), Colorado, Kentucky

Occupation: Own a Bernina sewing machine shop.

Age: 45

Past Lives: Former Computer Programmer & Quilt Shop Employee, Teacher

Family: Married 24.5 years to a computer programmer turned Servo Engineer

Food: Chocolate, Champange (preferrably together), Italian, Mexican, Thai,
Vietnamese, Meat & Potatos (everything except Mushrooms, PEEcans, Coconuts,
and Beets)

QI's: 3 cats (Emmy - the deaf one, Daisy - stuck up and shy, and Scamp, who
thinks he's a dog) along with Charli who really is a dog

Machine(s): Two Singer Featherweights, Bernina Artista 200E, Bernina
153QE, and a Babylock Serger I gave away to a friend in Boulder

Quilting For: 17 years.

Quilt Assembly : I machine piece and either machine or hand quilt -
depending on what the quilt wants. Quilting is my favorite part of the
process and I really love hand quilting

Quilt Style Preference: Mostly traditional pieced

Color Preference: I am learning that I need a little of everything - all
colors, light, medium, dark, true hues, darkened or lighted - everything

Skill level: Advanced intermediate

Posting/Reading frequency: Read daily (although I don't read everything),
post in spurts

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading, Eating Out

Pet Peeves: Barking Dogs, people who run red lights ("I saw it when it was
green, that means I get to go."), Beautiful quilts that have been quilted
"just to get them done" without any thought put into the quilting.

TV Shows: 7th Heaven, ER (although it just isn't what it used to be), That
show with Annie Potts with a family (Love that one!)

Drive A: 2000 Dodge Caravan

Favorite Quote: "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."

--
Teresa in Colorado

The Presser Foot
Sewing Machine Sales, Service, Supplies, and More
www.thepresserfoot.com

Old October 16th 03, 03:45 AM
Sk8eraunt

My turn...

Name: Gail aka kaila chan

Home:Glendale, AZ (antique capital of AZ)

Occupation: Human Resource Coordinator

Age: 52

Family: Married 10 years (had to do it twice to get it right), mom to Daryl
(31) and Erin (23); stepmom of 3

Food: Love that deep fried stuff and seafood

QIs: None...our little Cherrie-pie died two years ago.

Machine: One new Kenmore my hubby bought me last Xmas and one old Kenmore
purchased in 1972

Quilting: Just started quilting last year.

Quilt Assembly: Still learning!

Style Preference: Country, anything Amish

Color Preference: Purple, lavendar. No neons!

Skill Level: Beginner

Post/read frequency: I read more than I post. I love reading everyone's
stories and quilting tips.

Interests: Antiquing, Amish culture, love looking at quilts

TV: Don't watch much TV. In addition to reading RCTQ, I'm a partner in an
online poetry magazine. This takes up most of my free time after work.

Drive: 1998 Ford

Favorite quote: "The choices you make dictate the life you lead". I truly
believe this.

Old October 16th 03, 04:38 AM
Teresa in Colorado

You did maybe -
I am exactly half as old as I'll ever be - same as last time.

Old October 16th 03, 01:07 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Name: LN (hmmmm. Lets play give LN a new last name.... )

Home: NH

Occupation: None yet, but looking

Age: 40

Past Lives: Paste up artist, clerk in art dept., administrator, programmer,
computer helpline, retail (including quilt shop).

Family: STBX, DD, DS

Food: Chocolate, lemon merange pie, anything cooked by someone else.

QI's: Cotton (3 yo white mini poodle), Merlin (14yo tabby), several goldfish
in my pond, and lots of frogs that show up every summer.

Machine(s): Kenmore, Baby Lock Serger, 2 treadles, FW, Elna (the one I use
most)

Quilting For: Everyone but me, it seems. Oh, you mean length of time? Oh,
hmmm. Tried it once MANY years ago, just did one projected and then got back
into it again when I moved here over 5 years ago.

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut, machine pieced, hand applique, hand
quilt, gonna try some more MQ, hand embroidery.

Quilt Style Preference: crazy quilt, whole cloth quilting.

Colour Preference: None

Skill level: Depends on the project. Some I'm an expert in, some I haven't
ever tried before.

Posting/Reading frequency: Way too much.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading, movies,
kayaking, chatting, embroidery

Pet Peeves: Oh, I don't think it's a good time for me to go there now.

TV Shows: Cold Cases, Lyon's Den, 2.5 men, Miami CSI, NCIS, West Wing,
Survivor, Friends, ER (mostly cuz I am in a rut... it's not as good as it
used to be), Without a Trace, Joan of Arcadia. Also love the British version
of Coupling (American version sucks), As Time Goes By...

Drive A: 2001 Dodge Caravan

Favorite Quote: I'm between quotes right now.

Old October 16th 03, 01:11 PM
Elena

"teleflora" wrote in message
Snipped lots of good stuff.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Way too many
interests! I love paper - stamping - folding - embossing - punching! I
hoard gorgeous paper the way I hoard fabric. I collect hobby supplies.

There ought to be an official name for this hobby. I used to collect hobby
supplies too. The choosing and collecting them made me happier than
actually doing it. I'm having a fun time decluttering them all now.

Elena in Tx, seeking the simpler life.. or at least a simpler housecleaning

Old October 16th 03, 02:23 PM
Mel Rimmer

Back? Highwater? A-Hand-Basket?

In article , Diana Curtis
writes
A Game!!!
A new last name for LN... hmmmm... Beggier?
;-)

for occupations you forgot "soliciter of quilts"...
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
.. .