About Us

Old October 15th 03, 02:18 AM
frood

Great idea, Renee! Here's me, in a nutshell:

Name: Wendy (frood)

Home: The Peak of Good Living, Apex, NC, USA

Occupation: homemaker/housewife/mom/dilettante

Age: old enough for a tattoo (40)

Past Lives: Office manager, non-mom

Family: Married for 16 years (or is it 17?) 5 kids: DD#1, 11 (12 in 2
weeks); DS, 8; DD#2 aka Miss Fussy Rose, 5 (6 in 3 days); Spike and Giles,
aka Entropy and Chaos, 3

Food: Vegetarian and everyone knows chocolate is a vegetable

QI's: Spike and Giles are my most trained QIs, but they have recently been
joined by a furry, 2-legged dog named Mungo. He has thoroughly inspected my
current project, to the point where his fur is part of the quilting design.

Machine(s): main machine: Rose, a Huskvarna Viking; quilting machine:
Margarita, a Singer 15-125 in a lovely shade of industrial green; back up:
Rocky the Rocketeer, a Singer 501A; plus one in time-out/storage, a Singer
306W known as the antichrist; and a non-working (parts missing) hand-crank
with a griffin decal on it.

Quilting For: About 6 years. I decided DD#2 needed a baby quilt, and that
was that.

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut, machine pieced, mainly machine
quilting, although I have done some hand-quliting, and have more planned to
do (plus I have these reallly cool quilting thimbles to use!)

Quilt Style Preference: Style? We're supposed to have recognizable style?
Huh! who'd a thunk it!

Colour Preference: just about anything except muddy colors and baby pastels

Skill level: I like the term Confident Beginner, but when I take those
quizzes, I come out Intermediate to Advanced for piecing. For quilting, I'm
a Dubious Beginner!

Posting/Reading frequency: No more often than I breathe.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading (mysteries)
and TV.

TV Shows: Monk, Dead Like Me, Six Feet Under; Buffy (early seasons only);
Forever Knight; BBCA's Coupling; House Invaders... I could go on, but I
don't want to waste bandwidth... G TV good!

Drive A: Mercury Villager with flames

Favorite Quote:"Babies are an inestimable blessing and a bother" Mark Twain
"Twins, doubly so" - me.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old October 15th 03, 02:19 AM
Kristen L. Renneker

Name: Kristen Renneker

Home: residing in northern CA...but home is Boston

Occupation: SAHM

Age: 25

Past Lives:Physical therapy student (quit before getting my masters because
I could not see myself doing the job day after day and didn't want to waste
another $30,000)

Family: Married (3.5 years)...DH (24)... DD1 (3)... DD2 (planned c-section
on 11/25...I'll be in the hospital until the day after thanksgiving!)

Food: Thai food... sour patch kids...mangos...authentic Italian food

QI's: DD1

Machine(s): low end Kenmore (was a gift from my mom)

Quilting For: 1.5 years.

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut... machine pieced...hand quilted
(though I will machine quilt utility quilts that need to be done quickly)

Quilt Style Preference: ABA - anything but APPLIQUE!

Colour Preference: blues and greens...red!

Skill level: advanced beginner...maybe intermediate in some techniques

Posting/Reading frequency: Read almost daily, post occasionally.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: garment
sewing...Reading... photography

Pet Peeves: poor grammar/spelling

TV Shows: the Law & Orders...anything forensic...CSI...

Drive A: stroller (no license or car)

Favorite Quote: "Cleaning the house while your children are young is like
shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing" Phillis Dillar

"Renee Clark" wrote in message
While googling trying to learn more about our Mesue (wish I had a chance

get to know her), I came across a thread from 2000 in which RCTQ'ers
introduced themselves in detail. I've come on board since then (September

of
'02), and I'm sure many others have too. Might be worth doing again for

the
sake of those who are a bit newer. I'll go first, in the hope that some of
you will follow suit.
Blessings
Renee

Old October 15th 03, 02:23 AM
Diana Curtis

Mmmmm.. I love brownies... even with points. You used to make charts for
insurance companys.. showing the potential of certain events to occur..
Do I win?
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
.. .
Name: Kathy Applebaum

Home: Sacramento, California (but I spend all my daylight hours in
Woodland)

Occupation: paint store owner / longarm quilter

Age: 39. Really.

Past Lives: Actuarial Analyst (brownie points to anyone who knows what

that
is!)

Family: DH, no sibs. MSM died last year, Dad is doing his best to drive me
crazy.

Food: Dark chocolate, Vietnamese, and veggies.

QI's: Shadow - 15 year old lab mix. Bird Brain - 18 year old cockatiel

Machine(s): Janome 4014, Janome 5014, Janome MC4800, Gammill Classic I/S

2K
turbo

Quilting For: Started in elementary school, took a break, then started up
again several years ago.

Quilt Assembly Preference: machine, machine, machine

Quilt Style Preference: innovative, art, modern. I like new twists on

color
and design.

Colour Preference: all of them

Skill level: Piecing - moderately advanced. Quilting - professional

Posting/Reading frequency: Way too often. I really should be working
instead.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Huh? (Well, okay,
exploring cool places in California and Western Canada, genealogy, the

Sims.
Does airbrushing fabric and hand dying count?)

Pet Peeves: Let's not go there. There's only so much bandwidth, and I

don't
need to get riled up today.

TV Shows: Mr. Monk, Courage the Cowardly Dog, California's Gold (Huell

just
*cracks* me up!)

Drive: 1998 Honda Civic (the MirthMobile), 2004 Lexus RX330 (The
BluesMobile)

Favorite Quote:"Experience is what lets us recognize a mistake when we

make
it again" and "If you do it once, it's a mistake. If you do it several
times, it's a design option."

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old October 15th 03, 02:29 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"juliasb(nospam)" wrote in message

Stash: Sizable (about 1500 yds of wonderful fabric) all of which I plan
to use in quilts!!!

And what did you say your address was again? I'll gas up the stashraidmobile
while you're emailing it...

Old October 15th 03, 02:29 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"frood" wrote in message
. ..
Occupation: homemaker/housewife/mom/dilettante

Now I know what career I want to pursue. Dilettante. It's just perfect for
me.

Old October 15th 03, 02:33 AM
Two x over

name: betsey karl
betsey
"we do not inherit the earth, we caretake it for our children"
Old October 15th 03, 02:59 AM
Elena

"Renee Clark" wrote in message
While googling trying to learn more about our Mesue (wish I had a chance

get to know her), I came across a thread from 2000 in which RCTQ'ers
introduced themselves in detail. I've come on board since then (September

of
'02), and I'm sure many others have too. Might be worth doing again for

the
sake of those who are a bit newer. I'll go first, in the hope that some of
you will follow suit.
Blessings
Renee

Okay I'll play too ( well mostly )

Name: Brenda P.

Home: McKinney, Texas!

Occupation: SAHM currently.

Age: 46

Past Lives in no particular order: electronics technician, bank proof
machine operator, waitress, auto dealership office, office furniture sales,
commercial interiors consultant, teacher, librarian, web designer, quilter,
swordswoman, university student bum -- my favorite

Family: DH, two wonderful children, and one QI, a chocolate lab named Koko.
This despite being a cat person. oy!

Food: Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Also Diet Coke, real cheesecake, a
good salsa and chips, and margaritas, especially with fabric, then called a
Margarootle.

QI's: see above.

Machine(s): A 25 year old Kenmore flat bed machine. A Singer 99 hand crank,
a Singer 66 Red Eye treadle, a Singer 66 Red Eye electric (Mom's), a Janome
4000, a Bernina 153QE. I want a nice Singer Featherweight someday, and
possibly a semi-inexpensive embroidery machine. If I win the lottery, then
a long arm quilting machine. grins.

Quilting For: A couple of years, 18 years ago. Then it got put away but now
I'm back into it again, and have been for maybe 2 years.

Quilt Assembly Preference: Quick and Finished! lol Okay.. well I do like
to machine apply the binding on the front and turn to the back and hand
stitch down.

Quilt Style Preference: On a bed, traditional. On a wall, anything goes.

Colour Preference: red, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, white, cream,
tan... Easier to say just no pink.

Skill level: Depends on the project. Intermediate piecer, beginner
appliquér, Intermediate machine quilter, beginner serger, advanced beginner
hand quilter.

Posting/Reading frequency: Twice daily, usually.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading, chainmail

making, jewelry making, leathercraft, web geek, crocheting snowflakes, some
crossstitch, going to Renaissance Faires, the study of human nature, polymer
clay.

Pet Peeves: Distracted drivers and those who think they know everything.

They annoy those of us who do. *tongue in cheek*

TV Shows: Currently: Firefly (deceased, but coming out on DVD and in

movie theaters soon. HA Fox!) Karen Cisco, Angel, Dead Like Me, Dead Zone,
Monk, Sue Thomas, FBEye, Monday Night Football, Big O. Oh, and some of
Simply Quilts.

Drive A: 2000 Bonneville.

Favorite Quote: A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion

still.

Old October 15th 03, 03:01 AM
frood

I meant to say 4-legged dog.

Old October 15th 03, 03:16 AM
Butterfly

Heidi W
Please email me

Thanks
Butterfly *butterfly a t bak dot rr dot com *

hfw wrote:

Name: Heidi Waldmann

Home: Elkins Park, PA, just outside of Philly, for the past 4 years. Before
that 25 years in St.Paul/Mpls.

Occupation: Rabbinical student and hospital/nursing home/hospice chaplain

Age: 53

Past Lives: Graphic designer in MN. Moved here for school.

Family: Married 30 years tomorrow (10/15/03) to the sweetest man in the
world. DS and DD grown and gone. DGD, 4. Wonderful MIL/FIL in Nebraska.

Food: Chocolate, brie

QIs: Awesome Aidan the Amazing Carnivore, our 4yo scottie

Machine: Viking Lily 555. FW inherited from my mom, but so far unused by me
since I was a child.

Quilting: Just starting, after not sewing anything at all for over 25 years.

Quilt Assembly: rotary cut/machine piece, paper piece

Style Preference: Contemporary, not fussy

Color Preference: jewel tones, tend toward low value contrast

Skill Level: rank novice!

Post/read frequency: usually daily or more

Interests: reading, going out to dinner

TV: West Wing, Law & Order

Drive: 1985 Saab, 2003 Camry

Favorite quote: We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our
exploring Will be to arrive where we began, And know the place for the first
time. (t.s. eliot)

And, "Happiness is less about having what you want than wanting what
you have." and its variations.

Old October 15th 03, 04:38 AM
Ann

Name: Ann Hafso

Home: Viking, Alberta, Canada

Occupation: Legal Secretary (full time - 25 years)
Job #2: Bingo caller (5/6 times a month)

Age: 45

Past Lives: Guess it would be the single life

Family: DH of 26 years; 2 DS 24 & 22

Food: pizza, chocolate, food in general

QI's: Homer...11 year old cat. DS #1 snuck the kitten in the house, hid him
for a couple days in his room before he was discovered. No one ever claimed
him so he settled right in.

Machine/s: Main machine is my 1976 Sears Kenmore; Serger; MIL treadle from
the 1940's that will get operational some day; My Mom's Singer (fairly new)
that I have yet to sew with

Quilting For: 20 years, sewn for as long as I can remember

Quilt Assembly Rotary, machine pieced.

Quilt Style Preference: traditional.

Colour Preference: darks (purples/reds/blues at the moment) and the lights
to cooridinate

Skill level: advanced beginner. With the ambition to advance my skill level
up a notch to two in the near future

Posting/Reading frequency: try to read daily but sometimes it's days in
between and post sporatically

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Curling, reading
who-dun-it's, CFL Football

Pet Peeves: can't think of any at the moment, but I"m sure I have a few LOL

TV Shows: Games Shows, CSI, Law and Order, Crossing Jordon, CSI Miami

Drive A: 2003 Ford Focus

Favorite Quote: not one in particular