About Us

Old October 20th 03, 07:41 PM
Hanne Gottliebsen

I would love to meet up with some of you guys before moving from VA to
London at Christmas! I guess the where is more or less taken care of
(G-street fabrics, or whatever it was), but when???

Hanne
Old October 20th 03, 09:50 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Guess I'd better 'fess up too!

Name: Suzie Beckwith

Home: Southend, England (about a mile from the famous pier if anyone
is really interested!)

Occupation: Civil Servant

Age: 39

Past Lives: Secretary, telephonist, data-entry clerk, mainframe
computer operator.

Family: Married to Paul, no kiddies just the QI, M&D live 3 hours
drive away, two sisters and 1 brother, 3 nephews and 1 niece.

Food: Chocolate, pasta, mushrooms, chicken, garlic, but as I'm now on
Weight-watchers all of them in moderation!

QI's: Nolly - white cat who is 15, brain-dead and loves shedding hair
everywhere...

Machine(s): Bernina 150QE, and a 1954 Singer hand-crank.

Quilting For: About 6-7 years or so, I started with a Tumbling Blocks
pieced over papers using Moda Marbles which is still unfinished...

Quilt Assembly Preference: Rotary cut and machine pieced, altho also
like to hand-piece as well. Love hand-quilting even tho I am no good
at the rocking stitch and usually end up stab-stitching, but I find
that relaxing and enjoyable, so am happy with it. Am trying out MQ'ing
at the moment.

Quilt Style Preference: Like applique, (but easy stuff!), like piecing
straight lines, scared stiff of curves... still having problems with
seams that don't meet within one-millionth of a millimetre...

Colour Preference: I've yet to meet a colour I didn't like... well,
mebbe baby-pooh brown...

Skill level: beginner-intermediate depending on what I am doing.

Posting/Reading frequency: Read daily, post daily/every other day.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Napoleonic
re-enactment, reading (patchwork & craft magazines, sci-fi and fantasy
novels, mystery, how-to), rubber-stamping, pergamano, digital
photography,

Pet Peeves: Able-bodied drivers who park in disabled drivers spaces,
and drivers who pull out in front of you without bothering to
indicate/signal or use their mirrors... (I can hold a grudge for over
300 miles...)

TV Shows: Stargate SG1, Star Trek (TNG & DS9), Airport, anything with
Alan Rickman in...

Drive A: 1995 Ford Escort Estate

Favorite Quote: "You know what you are - you're cold, grey and a whole
bunch of no-fun..." Douglas Adams

--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK
Old October 21st 03, 03:02 AM
Gail Matthews

Gosh, miss reading a couple of days and look what happens!
Here I am:

Name: gail matthews

Home: Lafayette, CO

Occupation: mom, contract technical writer, part-time sewing/serging
instructor,
part-time student, wannabe Renaissance person

Age: 44

Past Lives: information technology (job moved to India without me)

Family: DH of 12+ years, DD9, DS6, two stepsons (18 & 20)

Food: Chocolate, margaritas

QI's: None, unless you count DD's guinea pig Romeo

Machine(s): Pfaff 2140, Babylock Evolve, and my original Elna Air SU

Quilting For: about 6 years

Quilt Assembly Preference: machine

Quilt Style Preference: anything freeform, not requiring tons of precision

Color Preference: lots!

Skill level: intermediate

Posting/Reading frequency: Read almost daily, post whenever the spirit
moves me - not very often

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading, music

Pet Peeves: Drivers who STOP at YIELD signs when there is no on-coming
traffic

TV Shows: West Wing (I've gotten addicted), Gilmore Girls, ER (if
they write out Carter I'm going to stop watching)

Drive A: 1993 Ford Windstar

Favorite Quote: can't think of one right now

Old October 21st 03, 08:21 PM
Two x over

here it goes...didnt take the first time!

Name: betsey karl
Home: waterford, nj...land of the pines!

Occupation: mom, wife, caretaker to various animals...oh, yeah, for the
paycheck...loss control consultant!

Age: 38---soontobe39....

Past Lives: dressage, horses...now, he's a pet and proud of it!

Family: DH-14 years of marital....???, DD-age9, DS-age 21 months
Food: Chocolate and pizza

QI's: belgian terv-zoe, mushi the cat, snowy the bunny, dink the former
showhorse, now pet TB....

Machine(s): singer red eye treadle, singer 99K, singer something or other,
singer featherweight, viking 350 and babylock ellure...

Quilting For: about 4 years

Quilt Assembly Preference: machine

Quilt Style Preferenceiecing....

Color Preference: blues, greens, burgendies...

Skill level: advanced beginner

Posting/Reading frequency:read daily, post....mostly a lurker!

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: kids, house, horses,
dressage, agility

Pet Peeves: oh, dont go there!

TV Shows: the soprano's

music-bruce springsteen---

Drive A: 1999 expedition. w ould like to downsize, can anyone come up with a
good vehicle??

Favorite Quote: "may your hope give us hope, may your faith give us faith, may
your love give us love"...the boss

betsey
"we do not inherit the earth, we caretake it for our children"
Old October 21st 03, 09:07 PM
aluap

Name: Paula M.

Home: Northern Virginia

Occupation: Medical Transcriptionist.

Age: 58 until 10/28....sigh

Past Lives: Registered Nurse.

Family: DH, DD (baby due in April - first grandchild!), DS - getting married
on a cruise in November!

Food: Anything DH cooks! (He's very good.)

QI's: Chelsea, shetland sheepdog, 12 years old...I have to flick the
backdoor light on and off to tell her it's time to come in, as she appears
be going deaf. One goldfish since March...name depends on what 3-year-old
grandnephew calls it at the time.

Machine(s): Brother PC8500D sitting on my mother's Singer cabinet/treadle.
Don't know what happened to the machine...

Quilting For: Woke up one morning about a year ago and decided I wanted to
make a quilt, so I took a class at the Quilt Patch, a local quilt shop, and
was hooked!

Quilt Assembly Preference: Rotary cutting, machine piecing, hand piecing,
and still practicing hand quilting the top.

Quilt Style Preference: I can't decide.

Colour Preference: I can't decide.

Skill level: Beginner.

Posting/Reading frequency: Read daily, post a little.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Family, friends,
antiquing, digital photography (very amateurish), Bingo!

Pet Peeves: TV commercials.

TV Shows: Frasier, ER, British TV shows, Antiques Roadshow.

Favorite Quote: Every new challenge widens my horizons, strengthens my
self-confidence, and heightens my enjoyment of discovery. (Author Unknown)

Old October 21st 03, 11:38 PM
Judy Grevenites

Ummm...LN Baggins, lives under the hill with all those other Bagginses.
Her mother used to was cousins with Bilbo. Watch out for that LN
tho,---she's got a quilty look about her. RedQueen

Old October 21st 03, 11:50 PM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

LOLOLOLOL Best laugh I've had all day!!!!
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Old October 22nd 03, 12:27 AM
Judy G

I'm very new to computers and the world within them. Have spent 2 days
reading About Us and thought I might introduce myself.

Name: Judy G

Home: southern Ohio

Occupation: part time Home Health Aid
Age: pushin' 55

Past lives: factory worker, babysitter, Working my way through some crappy
marriages looking for The One...(yes, that was Work)

Family: At age 50 I found The One! Been laughing ever since. We each have
one son and one dau. Bill is 8 yrs older than me...his children are 8 yrs
older that my son and dau.

Favorite foods: popcorn and Pepsi, homegrown produce, onion omlets

QI's: none...the only animals on the place are Bills chickens.

Machine: Pfaff 6091

Years Quilting: off and on since H.S. My first major quilt was a queen
hand-pieced grandmother's flower garden started in'91 and finished in '96

Quilt Style Preference: Traditional and scrappy quilts, charm quilts, Stack
'N' Whack

Color Preference: calico prints!!

Skill level: I can hide stitches wonderfully when turning a binding but can't
keep hand quilting stitches the same size. I'll try just about anything and
expect good results. I quilt with Attitude.

Post: been lurking for days...this is my maiden post.

Other interests: flower and veggie growing, NASCAR, reading something funny
or enlightening...love a good mystery or romance novel, spending quality time
with DH

Pet Peeve: people who get angry over things that can't be changed.

T.V. Shows: Opra, Dr Phil, Everybody Loves Raymond, the first CSI show

Drive: 2002 Dodge Neon, DH drives a Dodge Ram

Quote: "Inch by inch, anythings a cinch" Robert Schuller. and a life changing
one from my DH "Hurt feelings are like splinters under the skin...if you don't
get them out in the open, they will fester and get worse."
Old October 22nd 03, 12:58 AM
TerriLee in WA

Welcome, Judy!! We're glad to have you. (and I *never* get to be the
first to welcome someone, so I'm doubly glad) grin Calico prints,
eh? They're my least favorite. How about you email me your snail
address. Then you can wait by the mailbox for the squishie envelope.

Judy G wrote:

[...]

TerriLee Bishop in WA (state) USA
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)
;-)
remove "invalid" to reply
Old October 22nd 03, 02:14 AM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Welcome Judy G.! Congrats on finding The One- what an accomplishment
(I'm still doing the painful work of searching). I enjoyed reading your
intro. :-) Also, I just gave my Neon to my DS and DDIL and bought
myself a Ram- how's that for a coincidence??? LOL

Leslie and Furbabies in MO.

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"