UPDATE: Fall One-to-One Plaid FQ Swap

Old October 21st 03, 04:05 PM
Melissa in NJ

Default UPDATE: Fall One-to-One Plaid FQ Swap

Hi all! I know I promised all your swap information by yesterday evening. It
will be slightly delayed. My dog needed emergency surgery over the weekend
to remove a corn cob lodged in her small intestine. To make matters worse
she's epileptic and her seizures are brought on mostly by stress. So you can
imagine how stressful surgery is to a dog...let's just say she's had a lot
of seizures. She is healing wonderfully from the surgery but the epilepsy is
just making things more difficult. She came home last night after being in
the hospital for days, but I am pretty much consumed with seizure watch (she
had 6 last night) and making sure she doesn't get at her staples. So I
promise...as soon as I can get in front of the PC for an hour or two I'll
get those emails out.

Funny how Murphy's Law always has his way. For this swap I gave myself
several days to work on it so it wouldn't be too much harry and end up being
late. Everyone of those days was consumed by this $2,100 fiasco (yikes
that's a new Bernina!!!). Life finds a way to intrude!!!!

You'll hear from me soon. Please let anyone who asks know that the swap is
delayed but will be here in a day or so.

Thanks!!!!

Melissa in NJ

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply

Old October 21st 03, 05:13 PM
frood

Hang in there, Melissa. We'll wait. Don't forget to take care of yourself
while taking care of your furry friend! Big hugs to you, and gentle hugs to
your doggie!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old October 21st 03, 06:33 PM
gundoc

When does the swap end???(I mean when do we have to mail them by??) Almost a
week left in October.

Hope your furry friend get well sooner! Take care of yourself too.

Marcie

Old October 21st 03, 07:05 PM
georg

Melissa in NJ wrote:

You'll hear from me soon. Please let anyone who asks know that the swap is
delayed but will be here in a day or so.

Somethings are more important than fabric. Hope the puppy feels better
soon. I'm having trouble with one cat that's impacting the rest of my
"herd" myself, I'm definitely empathetic!

-georg

Old October 21st 03, 07:49 PM
The Brown Family

Melissa, so sorry to hear about your dog, take all the time you need, we'll
be here when you're ready. Give your dog a little hug for me.....poor
thing!

Lorraine ($2,100....yikes)

Old October 21st 03, 09:05 PM
Anne

Marcie,
In her original posting of the rules, Melissa wanted us to send so that they
arrive by Nov 20. But that was if she gave us the info by Oct 20. So maybe we'll
get a couple of days grace period ... maybe?

This is my first ever swap and I am so excited I can't stand it!

--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow

Old October 22nd 03, 01:05 AM
Melissa in NJ

Yup! You will. You'll get one month from whatever day I get the email to
you. Lexus is doing better. So hopefully *crosses fingers* I can get them
out tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for being so patient!!!! Lexus thanks you too!
Melissa in NJ

Old October 22nd 03, 11:56 PM
Elena

Not a problem. You have too much on your plate right now, don't worry about
this! Good luck to you and your little one.

Elena in Tx

Old October 23rd 03, 12:29 AM
Melissa in NJ

Well, Lexus has to go back under briefly. Her wound was pulling back apart
and thus was getting infected. So she has to go under so they can repair it.
Scheduled for tomorrow (Thurs).

This dog never does anything half-way!!!

I'll keep you posted both on Lexus and when you can expect the emails about
the swap. Likely it will be this weekend sometime. I just don't foresee me
getting to it sooner than that. Again, thank you for your patience. I know I
want my plaids just as much as you do!!!!!

Melissa in NJ

Old October 23rd 03, 12:51 AM
Anne

Melissa,
Just an FYI. I am leaving on Sunday for a 9 day trip (St. Petersburg, Russia,
woo hoo!). I'll still participate and can still get my plaids mailed out before
the end of November. I just wanted you to know, in case you post something
needing a response and get none for a few days.

{{{hugs for Lexus}}} Is she a Lab by any chance? Corn cob in small intestine is
what makes me ask. That is the breed that will eat *anything* and often more
than once. Mine has, any way.