OT New QI!

Old September 5th 03, 01:19 AM
nomorespam

Yay Wendy!!! I can not wait to meet him one day! I never did announce
my new QI last month did I? I have a new cat named Samuel.

Christina

NBennett wrote:
Wendy
Where I come from, a 40 lb dog that is 3 feet long IS a small dog. As a
child, our first dog was 80 lb lab/collie cross. We used to ride on her.
When she died (of old age- 12, not from kids sitting on her and breaking her
back) we got a golden lab/great dane mix - 120 lb of yellow puppy. My first
dog weighed only 35 lb. My whole family laughed at such a puny dog. After
she died (old age - 13), I got a 45 lb dog. My sister still laughs at me.
She has an 80 lb dalmation and a 75 lb Alsatian mix. Smallish, but together
that's 155 lb of dog. My younger sister finally took the heat off me by
getting a 15 lb Scottie.
For what it's worth, I know a dog that looks exactly like ex-Roscoe but is
considerably larger. Her head is level with my ribs. She's a lovely mellow
dog too so maybe that particular mix of breeds produces big gangly mellow
dogs.
I'm so glad you got ex-Roscoe from a shelter. That's how I got all my dogs
too. I don't care about breeds at all and there are so many wonderful dogs
looking for homes. Enjoy!
Nancy - keeper of the herd that currently consists of Rosie the extremely
blond Nova Scotia duck toller mix mutt..... as well as Lou the brain damaged
diabetic cat, Ollie the ex-roadkill cat and my one and only human baby,
Grace.

"frood" wrote in message
.. .

A large shaggy dog joined our household tonight. I've been looking for a

dog

for a couple of weeks, and this one won the pet lottery! Spike, Giles and

met him last week, and they thought he was great, even though he is nose

nose with Giles. His foster "parent" brought him to our house this evening
to meet the rest of the family. Even DH (who is not a dog person) thinks
he's pretty neat. Very calm, very mellow, very big!

I was looking for a small-to-medium size dog, but he is 40 pounds and over

3

feet long! Long shaggy coarse fur, mostly black but sprinkled with white,
making him look like an old man. But we have been assured by a vet that he
is around 2 years old.

He came with the name Roscoe, but I'm pretty sure we'll be changing it.

The

kids are all thrilled, as am I. He's such a sweetheart! He has already
flopped down on DH's quilt and decided it was a comfy place to lie. :-)

I'm

afraid he's 4th in line (at least) for a quilt of his own, though. I

wonder

if he'd prefer fabric with dogs on it, or with cats? Hmmmm.

Here's his publicity photo:
http://tinyurl.com/m64o

I'll put pics on my web page soon.
--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old September 5th 03, 02:24 AM
Sharon Harper

Your QI family sound hilarious - I'd love to see pics!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"NBennett" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

.. .

Old September 5th 03, 03:44 AM
VanGoghLoverinCA

Ummm a distinguished looking cute dog! Congrats
Grace
Old September 5th 03, 05:42 AM
Elizabeth Young

frood wrote:
A large shaggy dog joined our household tonight. I've been looking for a dog
for a couple of weeks, and this one won the pet lottery! Spike, Giles and I
met him last week, and they thought he was great, even though he is nose to
nose with Giles. His foster "parent" brought him to our house this evening
to meet the rest of the family. Even DH (who is not a dog person) thinks
he's pretty neat. Very calm, very mellow, very big!

Congratulations!
We have a rescued dog also. It is so satisfying to give a new home to a pet.

liz young in warm, stuffy, dark i-wish-it-would-just-rain! california

Old September 5th 03, 03:02 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

He's prolly already placing ads, "Delightful pup looking for home with lots
of love and REAL meat on the table!"

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"frood" wrote in message
Hah! This one found a morsel of vegetarian ham on the floor after lunch,

and
thought I'd played a cruel joke on him! Smelled like ham, but completely
meatless. You should have seen the look on his face!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"taria" wrote in message
Congratulations on your new friend/family member. I think the
kids will love having a dog to pal around with. Sometimes
a dog is a wonderful friend. They agree with everything and
never complain about the food.
Taria

Old September 5th 03, 03:42 PM
Monique Reed

Wendy, if what you have looks like a giant Scottie, you may have
landed a Bouvier des Flanders mix. Have a look at the photos on:
http://www.pet-net.net/Windmolen/

Also, have you looked in the newest Keepsake Quilting? They've got a
doggie item in there that just cracks me up. Dog toys that are big
lips--you can see one style on this page:
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp78787_33...nning_lips.htm
You can also get clown lips and a chicken beak online.

Have fun with the new QI
Monique
Old September 5th 03, 06:36 PM
Dr. Quilter

I still vote for some Giant in him:
http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/giantsch.cfm
http://www.schnauzerworld.com/giant/

minus the specialized grooming and cut ears, of course... P

Monique Reed wrote:

Wendy, if what you have looks like a giant Scottie, you may have
landed a Bouvier des Flanders mix. Have a look at the photos on:
http://www.pet-net.net/Windmolen/

Also, have you looked in the newest Keepsake Quilting? They've got a
doggie item in there that just cracks me up. Dog toys that are big
lips--you can see one style on this page:
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp78787_33...nning_lips.htm
You can also get clown lips and a chicken beak online.

Have fun with the new QI
Monique

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old September 7th 03, 02:00 PM
AliceW

What a great name! I think animals are pretty adaptable to names,
especially where food is concerned. We share a cat with our neighbors
across the street. This cat was a drop-off in the neighborhood and was a
sweetie from the day it came into our lives. Our neighbors have a son who
was little at the time and adopted the cat too although his mom wasn't too
keen on the idea. He named the cat "Niki" without us knowing. We named the
cat "Tux" because it is all black except for a white tie and mittens. The
cat answers to both names! We later found out the cat is a male, we had
assumed all along that it was a female. He has been declawed and neutered.
He is a sweet thing who now lives primarily in our garage since the
neighbors now have a dog that is not so sure he wants to share his abode
with a cat.

Enjoy Mungo! Sounds like a wonderful addition to the family!

--
Alice in NJ
RCTQ - "Royal Cybrarian"

"frood" wrote in message
We have named the dog Mungo MacDuff - we call him Mungo. It's an old

family
name - I had a great-great uncle named Mungo. He has taken well to his new
name, and is having a ball playing with the kids.

Old September 7th 03, 02:15 PM
jules

Mungo suits his name Wendy ) Glad him and the kids get on well and hope
you are all happy together for years to come

--
Jules

Old September 7th 03, 03:13 PM
georg

frood wrote:

We have named the dog Mungo MacDuff - we call him Mungo. It's an old family
name - I had a great-great uncle named Mungo. He has taken well to his new
name, and is having a ball playing with the kids.

"Mungo not know. Mungo just pawn in great game of life."

May your dog never slug a horse. Giggle.

Oh wait, that's Mongo, not Mungo. Still, I like.

Enjoy the pup!

-georg