Life's story

Old September 4th 03, 01:13 PM
CNYstitcher

gak!

MerryStahel wrote:

My parents lived down the street from a woman who married a man, divorced him,
and then married his brother. She had 2 children by each man.

Were the kids siblings or cousins?

Since they all lived with Mom, they were half-sibs.

Also - I didn't know this but read it in a book. If a set of identical twin
girls marries a set of identical twin boys, and they each have a child -
genetically, the children are siblings - even though legally, they are cousins.
They come form the exact same gene pool.

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

Old September 4th 03, 01:24 PM
Shelly

Hopefully your DH is not following in Daddy's footsteps!LOL
Shelly
"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
Well, it's actually easier for me to understand this one than figuring
out my FILs story/family.

FIL marries Nancy, has 2 children, divorces, remarries Nancy and has 2
more. These children are all full-blooded siblings. FIL and Nancy
divorce again and FIL marries LInda (aka Momma), who happens to be
Nancy's cousin (and was the baby sitter for the children). Would she be
considered the cousin or stepmother to the children, or both?

FIL and Momma divorce, remarry, divorce again - no children.

In the interim: son1 marries Janine (no children), son2 marries Georgane
(G has 2 children from previous marriage), son3 marries Sally (2
children), son4 marries Larisa (me - 2 children).

FIL marries Myrtle, mother of Sally (wife of son3).....does that
meanthat Myrtle has gone from being son3's MIL to his stepmom, or does
he still refer to her as his MIL??

Now in my family, once divorced, people didn;t marry back into the
family, they chose new families to mix with...lol......

Larisa

Old September 4th 03, 01:58 PM
CNYstitcher

Nope. Since we both grew up the children of divorce, it is a word that
isn't even allowed in our vocabulary. We would rather spend money on
couples therapy than destroy our family. However, in the 6 years we
have been married, there have only been, um, 3 major arguments (if even
that much) and they were the result of misunderstandings.

Old September 4th 03, 06:00 PM
Lisa Ellis

MerryStahel wrote:

Also - I didn't know this but read it in a book. If a set of identical twin
girls marries a set of identical twin boys, and they each have a child -
genetically, the children are siblings - even though legally, they are cousins.
They come form the exact same gene pool.

My sisters are identical twins...I always get a kick out the fact that
their kids are genetical half-siblings. One set of kids is fair - blond
haired and blue eyed, while the other set of kids is dark - black hair
and brown eyes. One sister married a blue eyed, blond american. The
other married a man from India.

One of my nephews looks a lot like my son; what is really interesting is
that a lot of their facial expressions are alike. Of course, neither of
them want to hear this...

lisae

Old September 4th 03, 11:14 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

Somewhere along the line, Dad had a second wife (who was, we hope, not
related to anyone in this story).

My mother. She deserved better.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp
"Teresa in Colorado" wrote in message
nk.net...
It's actually quite clear -
The first wife of Dad had been married before to a man who already had a
daughter ("first wife's first husband")
This daughter was a step daughter to the first wife while she was married

the first husband.

This daughter was not a step daughter any more after her father (the first
husband) was out of the picture. First wife lost a husband and a
step-daughter.

The first wife eventually married Dad, but daughter was not related to

first
wife any more, so she wasn't related to Dad.

Somewhere along the line, Dad had a second wife (who was, we hope, not
related to anyone in this story).

This daughter eventually became the 3rd wife.

This reminds me of a recent sports article about local high school

football
players who, the article said, were 5th cousins. An analysis of the

article
revealed that they were 2nd cousins once removed.

--
Teresa in Colorado

--

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
I was going to ask that as well....I mean, is dad's 3rd wife, the
daughter of his first wife? Or is dad's 3rd wife, the stepdaughter of
his first wife? If she is the stepdaughter, there are no blood ties,
but if his first wife gave birth to his 3rd wife, then there are
problems....he married his stepdaughter, although again, there are no
blood ties

taria wrote:

Is that legal? VBG
Taria

Ruth in Happy Camp wrote:

Me, too, Donna. I thought I was confusing when trying to explain how

my
dad's 3d wife was the daughter of his first wife's first husband.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Old September 4th 03, 11:22 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

We could have a Match, if I could remember important stuff like that. The
last time I checked with the (half-)sister-who-counts-offspring, my dad had
nearly 100 descendents. That was at least 25 years ago. In this day of
divorce, there may be as many step- as blood-kids in the family. (I am the
youngest kid, #9; I have NO kids.)
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Old September 5th 03, 03:13 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

My nephew and my son have such similar facial expressions, body language and
just plain personalities that my sister and I just shake our heads. They are
6 years apart. I babysat daily for my nephew when he was 5, so I got to know
him pretty well. When my son got to be 5, it was really scary to see my
nephew again in my son. It always felt like deja vu.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old September 5th 03, 05:23 PM
Lisa Ellis

LN (remove NOSPAM) wrote:

My nephew and my son have such similar facial expressions, body language and
just plain personalities that my sister and I just shake our heads. They are
6 years apart. I babysat daily for my nephew when he was 5, so I got to know
him pretty well. When my son got to be 5, it was really scary to see my
nephew again in my son. It always felt like deja vu.

Stories like this make me think that genetic tendancy are more important
than enviroment in determining temperments and personalitites. And the
advantage is that I can always blame my parents for my faults... :-)

lisae

Old September 5th 03, 06:48 PM
Dr. Quilter

what I find most bizarre is that the guy kept remarrying women he had
divorced.. clearly could not make up his mind!

CNYstitcher wrote:

[...]

Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old September 5th 03, 09:48 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
Kathy...wanna help me work on DHs family genealogy??? we have back to
1854, but we need to go back further...

Sure, I'll be glad to offer what advice I can!

So, what do you have in 1854, and what are you trying to find out? Inquiring
minds want to know!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

STORY - I think we need a story right now Kathy N-V Beads 4 February 4th 05 05:55 PM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 02:05 PM
Story - A MIL Story Jalynne Beads 2 March 8th 04 01:30 PM
Story - The Party Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 9th 03 01:37 PM