Life's story

Old September 1st 03, 09:01 PM
CNYstitcher

they aren't sharp - no points or real cutting edges....more like table
knives that grownups use...I would actually equate them closer to butter
knives than anything else

Dr. Quilter wrote:

I never understood that. so all it takes for a terrorist to get a hold
of a real knife in a plane is to shell the extra money and get a first
class ticket?

CNYstitcher wrote:

if it's a flight with a meal, each person gets REAL stainless steel
cutlery adn their own sal and pepper shakers (little tiny plastic
thingies). You get a warm, damp cloth to wash your hands, the seats
are cushier...leather (or is it pleather?), and most drinks are free

Maureen Wozniak wrote:

DBF swears every time he flies out of San Francisco he gets upgraded
to 1st class. I think our next vacation should be there. I always
wanted to know what 1st class is like. I want a long update when you
get back Leslie

maureen

Charlie wrote:

"The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me" wrote in message
), first class tickets (which intimidates the

hell outta me!)

Oooh, you'll love first class. We went Virgin to Mexico (my Nan has a
theory about spending lots of money before she kicks the metaphorical
bucket) and it was wonderful! Playstations in the seat! Woo hoo!

Charlie.

Old September 3rd 03, 07:41 PM
taria

Is that legal? VBG
Taria

Ruth in Happy Camp wrote:

Me, too, Donna. I thought I was confusing when trying to explain how my
dad's 3d wife was the daughter of his first wife's first husband.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Old September 3rd 03, 07:43 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

Me, too, Donna. I thought I was confusing when trying to explain how my
dad's 3d wife was the daughter of his first wife's first husband.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp
"Donna in Idaho" wrote in message
Pat, I got thoroughly lost before I got through all the Mary's in your
family!

Seems like name confusion must be pretty common! Before I retired, the

two
men I worked for both had wives names Ellen. My SIL's two sons both

married
Nancy's. However, one of them recently got divorced. Then their sister

and
her daughter both remarried recently - both of them married Mike's!

Strange thing - my mother was one of 11 kids. With all the kids and
grandkids, there were never any duplicate or mixed up names.

Could have partly been because my Grandma didn't pick common names and no
one wanted to ever use them again! My mom was Hazel Leilian, my aunts

were
Frances Gwendolyn, Theresa Regina (although she swears up and down her

name
is Theresa Ruth - I remember hearing my Grandma and her arguing about her
middle name when I was a kid!), Armilda Bell (she was never called

anything
except Boots), Cora Minnie, Serena Elizabeth, etc. She did a little

better
names for the boys - Archie Gard, Jeffie Oren, and Nelson Kyle!
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message

We've got lots of Mary and variations in the family. My sister
and cousin on Dad's side had same last name, plus 4 cousins on
Mom's side, each of whom had same last name. Again, we work it
out. Besides they've all gotten married and changed their names.

The really confusing situation is with the one named same as my
Sister Mary and her brother. Cousin Mike married a woman called
Mary K. So she became Mary KC. Not a problem, as his Sister Mary
had different last name. But not for long. She divorced that DH
and used her own name again, which was same as Mike's wife. Both
were Mary C ... as my sister had been before her marriage. Then,
about 8 years later Cousin Mary was visiting from out of town and
started dating the brother of the other Mary C. Those two got
married. So, my Cousin is Mary CK and her SisInLaw is Mary KC.
(Are you still with me? The brother and sister of the K family
married the sister and brother of the C family and both women
were called Mary. Thank Goodness the other man is not called
Mike!) YIKES!

PAT in VA/USA

Old September 4th 03, 01:25 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

1st wife's Stepdaughter.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
I was going to ask that as well....I mean, is dad's 3rd wife, the
daughter of his first wife? Or is dad's 3rd wife, the stepdaughter of
his first wife? If she is the stepdaughter, there are no blood ties,
but if his first wife gave birth to his 3rd wife, then there are
problems....he married his stepdaughter, although again, there are no
blood ties

taria wrote:

Is that legal? VBG
Taria

Old September 4th 03, 01:26 AM
Ruth in Happy Camp

I was never quite sure on that point. They were married in East Texas. I
happened to be in Corpus Christi at the time and, knowing that Texas has
some uh strange laws, I checked and discovered that you can't (at
least couldn't then) marry a step child/parent or even step sibling. I did
not find out if she would have been classified a step child. Her paternal
grandparents took custody of her and her siblings soon after her step mother
married my father, so there was no real family affiliation. She was
apparently a really nice lady and too good for Old Dad, and found that out
before too much damage was done.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp
"taria" wrote in message

Is that legal? VBG
Taria

Old September 4th 03, 01:39 AM
Teresa in Colorado

It's actually quite clear -
The first wife of Dad had been married before to a man who already had a
daughter ("first wife's first husband")
This daughter was a step daughter to the first wife while she was married to
the first husband.

This daughter was not a step daughter any more after her father (the first
husband) was out of the picture. First wife lost a husband and a
step-daughter.

The first wife eventually married Dad, but daughter was not related to first
wife any more, so she wasn't related to Dad.

Somewhere along the line, Dad had a second wife (who was, we hope, not
related to anyone in this story).

This daughter eventually became the 3rd wife.

This reminds me of a recent sports article about local high school football
players who, the article said, were 5th cousins. An analysis of the article
revealed that they were 2nd cousins once removed.

--
Teresa in Colorado

--

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
I was going to ask that as well....I mean, is dad's 3rd wife, the
daughter of his first wife? Or is dad's 3rd wife, the stepdaughter of
his first wife? If she is the stepdaughter, there are no blood ties,
but if his first wife gave birth to his 3rd wife, then there are
problems....he married his stepdaughter, although again, there are no
blood ties

taria wrote:

Is that legal? VBG
Taria

Old September 4th 03, 02:33 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Wow! Reminds me of a wedding announcement in the local paper

Susie is marrying Bobby.

Susie is the daughter of Mary Smith, Joe Jones and his new wife Sally
Jones.

Bobby is the son of Bill Adams, Sally Jones and her new husband Joe
Jones.

I wondered if they grew up together or if they met later though their
parents or what. Wondered if the grandkids would be equally confused
one day.

marcella

In article et,
"Teresa in Colorado" wrote:

[...]

taria wrote:

Is that legal? VBG
Taria

Old September 4th 03, 02:45 AM
MerryStahel

My parents lived down the street from a woman who married a man, divorced him,
and then married his brother. She had 2 children by each man.

Were the kids siblings or cousins?

Since they all lived with Mom, they were half-sibs.

Also - I didn't know this but read it in a book. If a set of identical twin
girls marries a set of identical twin boys, and they each have a child -
genetically, the children are siblings - even though legally, they are cousins.
They come form the exact same gene pool.

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

Old September 4th 03, 03:08 AM
Sharon Harper

Waaaay too bizarre for me to think about!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old September 4th 03, 01:12 PM
CNYstitcher

Phew! thanks for teh explanation...lol

Teresa in Colorado wrote:

[...]

taria wrote:

Is that legal? VBG
Taria

Ruth in Happy Camp wrote:

Me, too, Donna. I thought I was confusing when trying to explain how my
dad's 3d wife was the daughter of his first wife's first husband.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

STORY - I think we need a story right now Kathy N-V Beads 4 February 4th 05 04:55 PM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 01:05 PM
Story - A MIL Story Jalynne Beads 2 March 8th 04 12:30 PM
Story - The Party Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 9th 03 12:37 PM