Very OT (Not) Going to Australia

Old October 16th 04, 04:35 AM
Ginger in CA

Default Very OT (Not) Going to Australia

Sigh. I tried, really I did.

DH just sold his 1968 Pontiac Grand Prix (biiig old American car,
weight 2 1/2 tons) to a guy in Australia. His agent picked it up this
afternoon while I was at work. I kept telling DH that I needed to go
with the car to make sure it got there okay, and to pad the car with
fabric that could be recycled to the people in NZ and Australia.

No dice. Car will be shipping out of here without the fabric
cushioning, and without me.

Sigh. I tried, really I did!

Ginger in CA
Old October 16th 04, 04:42 AM
Sharon Harper

Alas Ginger, there will be a next time! Oh and you'll never guess. DH has
to be back in the USA (Florida and New York) in early January 2005 - this is
after he's been to New Zealand (in 2 weeks), Japan-China-Malaysia-Singapore
(early December). The first part of the trip will be for one of those
hoop-la sales conference/product launch things (usually held at a Disney
resort hotel) and the second will be for him to instruct in a "train the
trainer" type course. And I've been told that if the second half is
confirmed then yours truly and the kids will also be attending. True, we
won't see much of him except for overnight but I'm figuring if I can wangle
me a car for a few days here and there - the kids and I will be in heaven!
All that will be left is to organise meet ups and we will be all set. We'll
know in the next month or so.

And it would fit in perfectly with the new job (if I get it) because I get
school holidays off!!

But back to the original topic. Ginger you really need to consider
convincing DH that he *has* to come down here to buy his next new old car -
I can send some magazines over to whet his appetite!!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

om...

Old October 16th 04, 06:37 AM
nzl*

back to quilt training school for that one, Ginger.
some of them just gotta do the course more than once.
you are not to blame, you've done your best.
jeanne
eventually they all graduate if only from the survival instinct
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Ginger in CA" wrote...

Old October 16th 04, 05:06 PM
Butterfly

Youn'ze gotta 'member...she hasn't had MUCH TIME to train this guy--they
haven't been married THAT long as of yet.....now if'n he tried to pull that
off next year---whole nother story.
Butterfly (someone's gotta stick up for 'im...sides I LIKE the fella--he's a
keeper..just don't let Miz Sairey know bout him ; )

Old October 16th 04, 05:43 PM
Ginger in CA

Ah, Sharon, don't think DH will be buying any more new-to-him old
cars. his 1968 Pontiac had been owned by his Uncle Mike (who we now
take care of) until 1981, when Mike bought a new Cadillac and gave DH
the Pontiac. It had 153K miles on it when it left yesterday. We still
have the 1972 3/4 ton Chevy truck Jim's Uncle Joe left him when he
passed. "Old Betsy" is a workhorse of a work truck )

Hope you get to Los Angeles area on your trip, for a meet-up!

Have a peace-filled/piece-filled day,
Ginger in CA