Getting to know the folks here

Old January 16th 04, 01:55 AM
frood

Well, it was back in September. I was in Philadelphia at the time, and turns
out, airport security personnel don't actually appreciate the holiday.

However, like Christmas, the spirit of Pirate Day should be celebrated all
through the year. Arghhh!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"nzl*" wrote in message
did we all miss int'l pirate day?
you are supposed to remind us, frood, arghhhhhhh.
off to find that silly parrot and me wooden peg leg, the headscarf and uh
uh, must be a treasure chest round here for good measure.
yo ho ho and a bottle of rummmm!!!!!!
jeanne
in the land of the long white cloud where theres heaps and heaps of palm
trees for atmosphere!!
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"frood" wrote...
| Avast! You'll never board me pirate mobile and live to tell the tale, me
harty!
| --
| Wendy
| http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm
| de-fang email address to reply

| "Piglet" wrote...
| Or intercepted by the Licensed Trufflers of the Sty......who sometimes
have o Confiscate for Quality Testing.
| )
| --pig

Frood opined:

| But your Majesty, they don't travel well. They tend to get eaten by
the driver... ;-)

Old January 16th 04, 02:53 AM
Sharon Harper

mmmmm Rum! Hic! Oy watch that Mainsail will ya? Ya gots me in the
......rum tum tum!!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old January 16th 04, 05:19 AM
Piper

Pirates are about to descend on my town! Look for the Gasparilla
Festival in Tampa, home of the Buccaneers.

http://www.gasparillapiratefest.com/

It's a lot of pirates and a lot of fun. I love the pirate ships
invading the bay.

Deena near Tampa, Florida

Old January 16th 04, 11:48 AM
Kate Dicey

frood wrote:

Well, it was back in September. I was in Philadelphia at the time, and turns
out, airport security personnel don't actually appreciate the holiday.

However, like Christmas, the spirit of Pirate Day should be celebrated all
through the year. Arghhh!

Just got news from Amazon - they have posted my copy of Pirates of the
Caribbean!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 16th 04, 05:41 PM
AbbyR

OK...I live in southeast Arkansas where I'm the news editor of a local
paper. I find that my job often interferes with my life!

I have three kids DS is 24, a chef and bartender; DD, 21, is a college
junior music performance major (cello and voice); and DD, 18, is a
freshman at a local community college. I've been married to DH, a
research chemist, for 25 years and counting. We also have DD (as in
Dear Dog), an insane schipperke, and two DP (dear parakeets), Buddy
and Clyde.

I've been quilting off and on for ten years and am currently working
on a quilt for me (Snowbound - a Red Wagon pattern), a quick Christmas
quilt for my boss for next Christmas, and I'm planning quilts for my
kids for Christmas, too. I may have bitten off more than I can chew,
but I do enjoy it.

When not quilting, commuting or minding kids and animals, I love to
read, to community theater and find vegan recipes. Did I mention that
I'm a vegan? Well, now I have.

That's me.
Abby in Arkansas, otherwise known as MuggyWort, the herb gardener

" Ellison" wrote in message ...
Howdy!
You start. ;-D

Quilting? Home? Family? etc.

Many things are archived he
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...tiles.quilting

Ragmop/Sandy
"Muggywort" wrote in message
I'm not sure if this is off-topic or not. I'd like to get to know the
people here, so I will recognize names. Is there an introduction file
area where people have posted intros, so I can make a list of names,
places and what the person quilts, so I can become familiar with you
all? If not, how on earth did you keep each other straight when you
first came here?

MuggyWort

Old January 17th 04, 03:28 AM
Sharon Harper

Have you been peeking in my mirror again?

--

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Sharon Harper wrote:

mmmmm Rum! Hic! Oy watch that Mainsail will ya? Ya gots me in the
.....rum tum tum!!

Avast, behind...

Oh, is that me!

Old January 17th 04, 11:23 PM
Kate Dicey

Sharon Harper wrote:

Have you been peeking in my mirror again?

Yup! Put another pound back on, so gotta get walking this week! On the
other hand, on Tuesday I bought two pairs of trousers from a local
Weekender's lady's sale that were MEDIUM! And a SMALL top! Now, those
trousers are a leeetle snug, but if I'd bought the large, they would
have been ok now, but useless as soon as another few pounds drop off! I
thought I'd get a longer use time out of the slightly snug ones - and
they all have elastic waists, so we are not talking uncomfortable here.

Old January 18th 04, 06:54 PM
Dr. Quilter

Hi Abby,

your DH is a research chemist? what kind of research? at the University
or a company? we are both researchers, DH is a theoretical
chemist/physicist and I am a molecular biologist working on genomics
right now.... at the university.

AbbyR wrote:

[...]

Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

Old January 23rd 04, 04:57 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:49:03 GMT, "Miriam \"Mim\" Spencer"
wrote:

Her stash really was tidy when I saw it last fall!!! made me vow to clean
up my act!!! The urge lasted until I got home, fortunately. Gotta save my
energy for fondling.

Mim

I'm back folks, you can stop talking about my stash!!
I'm not sure if the tidiness shows that I love my fabric, or that I
need help to stop being so manic about the way I tidy it.
Seriously though, the shelves are 22" wide, so if I fold the fabrics
lengthwise twice, they fit really well and it looks like I spent ages
on it. Well, I've only been back about 18 hours, so I should go
stroke it some more... plus the new stuff from Germany.

-- Jo in Scotland