Need help from quilters.. Heart Quilt Blocks in trade for donation please read!

Old August 5th 03, 08:58 PM
Cheyne

Default Need help from quilters.. Heart Quilt Blocks in trade for donation please read!

Please read this fully...... Thank you for your time!

My name is Cheyne, the eldest daughter of my mom. Growing up my mom
has always had problems with her weight but the past few years, things
have gotten bad for her. After having an emergency hysterectomy and
nearly dying from blood loss, she came home determined to make herself
better. Doctors have told her that the reason she has problems with
her thyroids, very high blood pressure and the slowing in her pace
come from the fact that she is overweight. She has seriously high
blood pressure that is difficult to control, even with medications and
the arthritis in her knees has become crippling.

She has tried countless diets, pills, supervised diets, classes
everything to help her become a healthier person, but nothing has
seemed to work for her. I know that if she was to have the gastric
bypass surgery that she so longs for, her life would brighten up
finally and she wouldnt have all these medical problems that
continously plague her.

Rather than asking for donations, I asked my mom to start making me
some quilt blocks so I could sell them online to make some money for
college bills. She is a very honest, loving person and would never ask
anyone for anything; in fact she would probably be embarassed if she
knew that I had done this for just because she would feel that people
would think she was begging which she is not. She is an absolutely
WONDERFUL quilter. She thinks the only chance she might have funding
her surgery would be to sell her award winning quilt which is listed
on ebay right now *You can see it if you look up "Starranch1" on ebay
members*. I really dont want her to do that since it is her prized
posession, so I am going to try my luck and see how I do at helping my
mom.

Heres what I ask from my moms fellow quilters in the world,

Send a donation of one dollar, or whatever you wish, and I will send
you a heart quilt block for each dollar recieved. Either to use them
in a quilt or a picture frame, they are beautiful. The dimensions are
3 1/4" inches square and when sewn into a quilt 2 3/4" square. Need
certain colors? Just ask! Please send all donations with a self
address stamped envelope so i can send the blocks back to you. If you
have any questions please feel free to contact me!

Donations can be sent to:

Cheyne Maclaskey P.O. Box 1645 Conroe, Texas 77305

Thank you so much and GOD BLESS YOU!

If you have any questions, please email me at
Old August 5th 03, 09:27 PM
Kathy in CA

Just for the record there is NO quilt listed for sale with seller
"Starranch1" 'cause I just looked it up. There is a seller named
"Starranch1" but no quilt.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

om...

Old August 6th 03, 12:45 AM
CNYstitcher

I just checked as well, but I looked at all the feedback. This member
bought more often than sold....my question is, if there are money
troubles, why is this person BUYING things from ebay????

Larisa, more of a skeptic tha usual, I suppose

Kathy in CA wrote:

Just for the record there is NO quilt listed for sale with seller
"Starranch1" 'cause I just looked it up. There is a seller named
"Starranch1" but no quilt.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/kathys1068

om...

Old August 6th 03, 06:49 PM
Cheyne

Those "Things" werent bought for her... Her next door neighbor shares
the ebay account with her, the lady doesnt have a computer... I KNOW
what some people are going to say, why doesnt your mother sell the
computer?? Because she needs it to run the business my father and her
are in.. After 9/11 they were left with almost no money... they have
almost no posessions.. They live in a log cabin they built themself...
Anyone want to personally call me to question me on this?? You want
to hear the desperation in my voice before you believe me??.. My moms
auctions have been the ones where she has sold blocks and trying to
sell her quilt..

Kathy in CA wrote:

Just for the record there is NO quilt listed for sale with seller
"Starranch1" 'cause I just looked it up. There is a seller named
"Starranch1" but no quilt.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/kathys1068

om...

Old August 5th 03, 10:22 PM
Siptah

my prayers for your mom. I know several people that have had gastric bypass
surgery and it has helped them tremendously. That said....I work for one of
the "big 5" health insurance companies. Has your mom checked (and double
checked) with her health insurance carrier about coverage for the surgery?
In general, unless the health plan specifically denies this type of surgery
it can be covered if she meets "medical necessity" criteria. This may vary
by carriers, but at least for my carrier, if she has a BMI of 30 or higher
and/or has the "proper" con-current conditions (sounds like she may) she
might be able to get the surgery covered. She should have her doctor submit
a request for precertification of the surgery with her medical history.
Even if she is initial turned down at precertification, she could talk to
the human resources department....there should be someone there that can
grant a waiver for her to have it covered. If you wish to e-mail me, I can
try to be more specific and/or help with the red tape as best I can.

--
Siptah
Columbus, OH

(PS. I have helped a few members of RTCN and RTCQ get certification for
breast reduction surgeries that they thought wouldn't be covered, gastric
bypass surgery falls into the same surgical category)
om...

Old August 5th 03, 10:49 PM
Ellison

Howdy1
You wouldn't be trying to fool us now, would you, Cheyne?
You wouldn't want to cheat a bunch of nice little ol' quilters, right?

If it sounds like bull, and it does....

Ragmop/Sandy--this is my opinion, of course--YMMV

om...

Old August 5th 03, 11:30 PM
Sharon Harper

I too was feeling this way. Forgive me if I'm cynical but......

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy1
You wouldn't be trying to fool us now, would you, Cheyne?
You wouldn't want to cheat a bunch of nice little ol' quilters, right?

If it sounds like bull, and it does....

Ragmop/Sandy--this is my opinion, of course--YMMV

om...

Old August 6th 03, 01:15 AM
Polly Esther

Doesn't quite feel right to me either. Polly
Sharon Harper wrote in message
u...
I too was feeling this way. Forgive me if I'm cynical but......

Old August 6th 03, 02:45 AM
Betty in Wi

The quilt was on Ebay---the auction closed on August 4th and there were no
bids. It ran for about a week. You can see a picture of it if you ask to
also see her closed auctions for the last 2 weeks. I think it's cross
stitch. Pretty much the same story was posted on Ebay as we got here.
Whatever..............

Betty